Get the complete details on the Air Canada seat selection procedure. Choose your seat as you complete your booking. Within 24 hours of your flight: Check in online or on your mobile device, and choose from the remaining standard seats* at no cost. *Preferred seats can be purchased for a small fee.
Air Canada seat Selection Policy
Air Canada Seat Selection Policy is designed to help you get the seat you want when you want it. We want you to be able to select your seat at the time of booking so that you can be confident in your choice of seats on board our aircraft.
You can change your seat selection up until 24 hours before departure by paying an additional fee. However, there are specific circumstances where we may not be able to accommodate your request or change fees apply. This includes:
- If you have already checked in for your flight and selected a seat, a change fee may apply if the same flight is affected by overbooking or another issue with seating availability;
- If there has been a change in aircraft type;
- If there has been a change in aircraft configuration (for example, from two-by-two seating to three-by-three seating); or
- If there has been a change in aircraft type or configuration between the time you booked and the time you checked in for your flight.
Air Canada Advance Seat Selection Fee
You can always select your seat free of charge at check-in. But if you’d rather not wait, you can pick your seat in advance, free or for a fee:
|Standard Seat – Window or aisle, you decide|
|Basic fare||Within Canada / Canada-U.S.: $20 – $100 *Caribbean and Mexico: $20 – $100 CAD/USD*International Flights: $30 – $100 CAD/USD*|
|Standard fare||Within Canada / Canada-U.S.: $10 – $50 *Select international destinations : $20 – $50 *All other itineraries : Complimentary|
|Business Class / Premium Economy / Latitude/comfort / Flex fares:||Complimentary|
|Choose a Preferred Seat starting at $19*|
Terms and conditions apply to Air Canada Seat Selection.
- Advance standard seat selection charges are per passenger.
- Your seat selection and any related charges apply, per passenger, to each individual one-way flight segment in your itinerary.
- Advance standard seat selection charges are refundable only in the following circumstances:
- you are moved to a seat other than the one you selected due to an involuntary schedule or airport change (e.g., flight disruption, or cancellation). If you are moved from your seat for such a reason, you may request a refund of your seat charges.
- you decide not to travel on a flight for which you purchased advance standard seat selection. The value of your advance standard seat selection charge will be retained and can be applied towards seat selection on a future Air Canada itinerary, provided you do not cancel your original booking.
How to Select Seat on Air Canada Flight
Visit aircanada.com/mybookings to see other flight options. You can rebook a different flight at no charge within 5 days from your scheduled departure.
REQUEST A REFUND
You can request a refund if you were not rebooked on another flight that departs or arrives within three hours of your original departure or arrival time, or if we add a connection to your itinerary. Visit aircanada.com/refunds to learn more.
Call Air Canada at (888) 635-5228 and our specialists would be happy to assist you (for international and other numbers, visit aircanada.com/othernumbers).
What does a preferred seat mean on Air Canada?
Preferred Seats are in exit rows, in select bulkhead rows, and in the first few rows of the cabin on some flights. Preferred Seats are not available on flights operated by our Star Alliance or other airline partners. Can anyone sit in an exit row? For safety reasons, not everyone can sit in an exit row.
Preferred seating is a regular economy seat in a good spot. Premium economy is a different class of service. Preferred seating includes seats in the economy cabin in good locations, such as emergency exit rows, bulkheads, and towards the front of the plane (but behind the executive class and premium economy cabins).
Difference between preferred seating and premium economy on Air Canada?
Yes. Preferred seating is a regular economy seat in a good spot. Premium economy is a different class of service.
- Preferred seating includes seats in the economy cabin in good locations, such as emergency exit rows, bulkheads, and towards the front of the plane (but behind executive class and premium economy cabins). Many preferred seats have more legroom than standard seats. They are typically offered for a small additional charge (less than $100) or are complimentary for passengers with frequent flier status.
- Premium economy seats are situated in a separate cabin between executive class and economy. The seats are more spacious than the ones in the economy (but not the ‘lie-flat’ pods offered in executive class), dining options are comparable to the executive class, you get small amenities such as a toiletries kit, and service is more attentive. Not all planes offer premium economy class – it is typically only on the larger ones that fly overseas. Premium economy tickets generally cost hundreds of dollars more than regular economy ones or are available through the use of upgrade credits by frequent fliers.
What precisely does Air Canada’s “Seat Selection” entail?
Find a seat near the front of the plane or along an aisle if you want extra space to spread your legs during the flight. You can travel with them in comfort by choosing the seat of your choice via the Air Canada Seat Selection procedure. When making the reservation and checking in for the flight, you will both have the option to choose your seat. Let’s examine the steps involved in completing this.
Things You Need To Know Before the Seat Selection Process
Before completing the Air Canada Seat Selection, keep the following in mind.
- Travelers are allowed, at no additional cost, to choose the seat of their choice during check-in by the airline’s regulations.
- You will be required to pay an additional fee for this service if you choose your seat before check-in, whether at the time of booking or at any other time between booking and check-in.
- Depending on the fare type, Air Canada may charge an additional $20 to $100 for seat selection. A ticket at the standard rate could be somewhere between $20 and $50.
Procedures for selecting seats according to the Air Canada Policy
Customers of Air Canada have access to a wide range of services, including those that make it simple for them to manage their flight reservations and reduce stress. One of the alternatives offered is to complete the Air Canada seat selection process on the airline’s website if you are considering flying with them and want to choose a seat.
How Do I Choose My Seat When I Make an Advance Reservation?
Visit their website and adhere to the guidelines in the following paragraphs if you want to reserve a seat ahead of time.
- Visit the airline’s official website now.
- Choose “Check-In” from the menu bar on the airline’s website to check in for your flight.
- Now enter your reservation details, including the last name you provided and the confirmation code you must have obtained after making the reservation from the airline through the mail.
- You will find the option to choose your seat on an Air Canada trip there. Choose a seat from the possibilities that are available to you from the available seats by navigating to that selection.
- Once the procedure has been properly completed, you will receive the boarding card. You have the option of printing it or using it in that way.
- Once you have visited the payment page and paid for the selected seat, you are ready to leave.
There are different ways to reserve a seat on Air Canada while making a reservation:
When you purchase the ticket or when you check in at the airport, you have the option of selecting your seat. It would help if you carried out the actions outlined below to reach this objective.
- Make your reservation by going to the “plan a flight” area of the airline’s website.
- The location of your departure and arrival, the dates of your trip, and the total number of passengers should all be filled out.
- The available flights will be shown to you on your screen. Visit their website’s Air Canada Seat Selection section after choosing the flight you want to travel to reserve the seat you want to utilize.
- To complete your reservation, proceed to the checkout page, where you will be asked to pay for the ticket and the seat.
If you have already booked the flight:
You can also reserve a seat by your preferences after booking your reservation but before checking in.
- Visit the airline’s website right now.
- Selecting it from the menu that displays when you pick “manage my flight,” you can choose your seat.
- You can now choose the seat you desire by clicking on that option and doing so.
- Proceed to the checkout page to make your payment for the costs related to the seat you have chosen.
- The seat of your choice has also been set aside for you.
Where can I get information about checking in for my next Air Canada (AC) flight?
When registering for a flight with Air Canada (AC), which also operates Air Canada rouge and Air Canada Express, you have the following options to consider:
Air Canada Checking in online (Web check-in)
The airport has check-in desks with only self-service options.
Travelers who bought tickets at the airport desk can check-in.
Can I check in online for an Air Canada flight?
Beginning 24 hours before your flight’s scheduled departure, you can check in for your flight on Air Canada online. You can select to receive a mobile boarding pass on your mobile device or a paper boarding card.
Your confirmation code, e-ticket number, or frequent flyer number provides you with information about your reservation. You do not qualify as a passenger with special needs.
Can I check bags using Air Canada’s online web check-in?
You can check in bags, but you must deliver them to the baggage drop at the airport well before the deadline for booking your trip.
Can I use a mobile device to check in with Air Canada?
Beginning 24 hours before the flight’s scheduled departure time, you can use your mobile device to check in for your flight on Air Canada. You’ll be able to do this to get a mobile boarding pass for your smartphone. You have the option of making this decision if:
- Your initial flight is with Air Canada, and you have a digital ticket.
- You can access your reservation using your confirmation code, your e-ticket number, or your frequent flyer account number if you are not a passenger with special needs.
- You were included in a reservation made for a group (you may check in up to nine passengers at a time)
- You’ll be departing from a terminal that accepts mobile boarding cards (if not, then you may check in and print a boarding pass at the self-service kiosk or ticket counter)
- You don’t intend to travel with a young child, do you? (Printed boarding passes are necessary).
Can I pay for my checked luggage using Air Canada web check-in?
Yes! You can pay for your checked luggage using Air Canada’s web check-in.
Just log in at aircanada.com and go to the “Manage My Booking” section of your account. From there, you can add a bag to your itinerary and pay for it right then and there.
Can I choose or change my seat utilizing Air Canada’s online web check-in process?
Yes, you can choose or change your seat using Air Canada’s online web check-in process. You can even request an upgrade to a First Class seat.
You can also make any changes to your reservation that you want after you have checked in online, but before your flight departs.
How can I change seats on a flight with Air Canada?
Do you want to change seats on your next Air Canada flight? Do you want to know the best techniques for changing your seat on Air Canada? If the answer to this question is “yes,” you should look into the best tactics that can help you in the best way possible:
- To start the process, you will initially need to download its registered website into your laptop or mobile device.
- After that, you only need to enter your login details to access your account.
- Choose “Manage My Bookings” from the drop-down menu as the next action.
- The information about your reservation must be entered in this section.
- After finding your ticket, you must choose the “Edit” icon from the toolbar.
- Utilizing the “Seat Selection” map, choose your seats next.
- To find the desired seat, you must first open it. After doing so, you can start looking.
- Before storing your settings, select the seat you prefer if you find one.
- You must complete the payment for Air Canada to confirm your seat reservation.
- Dialing the phone number that will connect you with a member of the airline’s customer service team is the first step you should take if you are a passenger who wants to change their seat on Air Canada and are considering using the offline option.
- It would be very appreciated if you called customer service at the number provided if you chose the “Air Canada alter my seat” option.
- You must immediately dial the number and follow the on-screen instructions after finding the most relevant phone number for the language or area you desire.
- To speak with a live agent, you must follow the automated system’s instructions and press the relevant button.
- With one of their executives, go over your reservation details and request the seat you want.
- Request to exchange seats, but be ready to fork over additional money for the change.
- You must contact the company’s customer service division to learn more about altering your seat on an Air Canada flight. Alternatively, you can read the guidelines for changing seats on Air Canada’s official website.
You can select your seat for any flight* operated by Air Canada or Air Canada Rouge, or an Air Canada Express carrier**:
|When you book your flight||Choose your seat as you complete your booking.|
|After booking by going to the My Bookings tab||Up to 2 hours before your flight:|
Retrieve your booking online and select your seat
|When you check-in||Within 24 hours of your flight:|
Check-in online or on your mobile device, and choose from the remaining standard seats* at no cost.*Preferred seats can be purchased for a small fee.
How Can I Get in Touch With Air Canada About a Refund Request?
Have you contacted Air Canada to cancel your flight reservation? Are you thinking about requesting a refund from Air Canada? The best courses of action are listed below if your response is affirmative:
A system for online refund processing
- The first step in requesting a refund from Air Canada is to visit its official website on the device associated with your account.
- You will then need to enter your login information to access your account.
- The “Manage My Bookings” icon must be selected by tapping on it.
- You must enter the details from your ticket here to find your canceled one.
- You must scroll to the bottom of the page to find your Air Canada canceled flight ticket.
- Search for the “Refund” button, then click it.
- You must provide all necessary data and then adhere to the prompts to complete the online refund process.
- To get a refund from the airline, you can also contact Air Canada’s customer service anytime.
- You must find the company’s customer service department’s phone number that is appropriate for your location or language.
- To connect with a customer service agent, dial it and then hit the relevant button.
- You’ll need to discuss the specifics of your canceled ticket when you get in touch with one of their agents.
- Make a requirement that an application for reimbursement is submitted in closing.
- Additionally, Air Canada will send you a URL that you can use to check the status of your refund.
- You should be aware of the following information regarding Air Canada’s refund policy if you have been reading about how to get your money back from them:
- According to Air Canada’s refund policy, you can request a refund via the company’s official website and get support from its customer service.
- If you request a refund within the first twenty-four hours of making the flight reservation, Air Canada will refund your non-refundable flight ticket.
- However, you will only be entitled to a full refund if you cancel your ticket within 24 hours’ notice.
- Additionally, within the following week, the money will be returned to your provided bank account.
When you want more information about Air Canada’s refund policy, you can either speak with a representative there or go to the company’s official website. Its experts will be fine providing the most accurate answers.
FAQs about Air Canada Seat Selection:
Can I choose my seats on Air Canada?
Choose from standard or Preferred seat selection, Choose your seat as you complete your booking. Within 24 hours of your flight: Check in online or on your mobile device, and choose from the remaining standard seats* at no cost. *Preferred seats can be purchased for a small fee.
Does Air Canada charge for seat selection?
The short answer is: no. Air Canada does not charge for seat selection, regardless of whether you are booking a flight on their website or through an agent.
However, there is one caveat. If you are booking a flight on Air Canada’s website and select a seat, then change your mind and go back to the “Unassigned” option, you will be charged a fee per person for the change.
How do I choose my seat after booking?
When should I select my airline seat? After you finish booking your flight (or during the process, depending on the airline), you should click to view the seat map and make your pick. If you book your flight with friends or family members on the same reservation, they will likely be assigned seats nearby automatically.
Is seat selection free with Aeroplan?
Aeroplan Elite Members and customers travelling on a Latitude or comfort fare can select a Preferred Seat at no extra cost or at a reduced price.
What happens if you don’t do seat selection with Air Canada?
Skipping seat selection doesn’t mean you won’t get a seat on the flight. You might get stuck in the middle seat if you don’t pay for one. Even if seat selection is free, you might want to skip it if only lousy seats are available (see the “upgrade hack” below).
Is Air Canada Preferred seating worth it?
This can be of convenience if you’re next to people who may have otherwise encroached in your space. You also get priority for your baggage in the cabins above – which can be helpful on a full flight, where otherwise they may force you to have the bag sitting under the seat in front of you.
Which flights allow passengers to choose a Preferred Seat?
You can purchase Preferred Seats on any Air Canada flight, given the availability of certain seats.
The “Preferred Seats” on some aircraft are located in the exit rows, specific bulkhead rows, and the first few seats of the cabin.
Preferred Seats are not accessible on flights operated by any of our other airline partners or Star Alliance partners.
Can I make a cost-free reservation in advance for the desired seat?
Air Canada usually charges a cost for advance seat selection; nonetheless, you should check to see if they have created a strategy that permits free seat selection. You can secure your preferred seat at a discounted rate or without paying any additional costs because Air Canada has done this in the past.
What are some of the Air Canada seats that get the best ratings?
The most popular seats that Air Canada offers are those in the exit row, a couple of the bulkhead seats, and a few first-row seats in the cabin for that thrilling leg space. It can be challenging to snag these seats because they fill up rapidly.
Is there a time limit on when I can choose a seat without paying an extra fee?
The easiest time to select a seat without paying extra is during check-in. However, there is a chance that your preferred seats will be available, so you will have to make do with one of the few remaining seats.
What will occur if you don’t select a seat ahead of time?
Nevertheless, there is a chance that this seat will differ from the one you would prefer to travel in. In this case, a seat will be assigned to you based on the ones that other passengers vacate.
How can I make sure my young child and I are seated together?
It’s important to always indicate in your booking, or advise the Air Canada agent or your travel agent at time of booking that you are travelling with young children.
If you’ve already completed your reservation, you can go to My Bookings before your check-in to confirm that your child has automatically been seated with a parent or guardian. Alternatively, please contact Air Canada Reservations or your travel agent to make the necessary changes.
- In the event that adjacent seating cannot be arranged, Air Canada will offer other flight options or a full refund.
Air Canada Vacations bookings:
Click on the ‘View & Print Itinerary’ link to view your seating arrangement
Bookings with a travel agent or via another travel website:
Click on the seat selection tool link to view your seating arrangement.
Leave a Reply