If you have to cancel your flight itinerary with Alaska Airlines, here are few things you need to know –
- Alaska Airlines cancellation fee do not apply if making the request within 24 hours of purchase
- Alaska Airlines cancellation policy would be applicable on all fare types, trip types, passengers, and the class of service selected.
- As per Alaska Airlines flight cancellation policy, a passenger must cancel flights any time before scheduled departure in order to claim the future travel credit on their reservation.
- Saver fares are non-refundable and non-cancellable.
- Passengers can cancel saver fares and claim a full refund within 24 hours of purchase
- Alaska Airlines cancellation policy would be applicable on the booking purchased via alaskaair.com, and Alaska Airlines cancellation phone number at (877) 681-0056.
Alaska Airlines Cancellation Policy
- Alaska Airlines provides the facility to make one change to a wholly unused ticket within 24 hours after booking. They do not charge any penalty on you for 24 hours.
- If in case there is any change in your plan then you can cancel or change the ticket. Depending on the fare type you will be charged some applicable fee. The charges applied are fare difference plus $125(USD) per person. If the latest ticket price is lower; then the credit can be used for future travel.
- The changes are allowed in the tickets after 24 hours of booking after applicable charges.
- If you are traveling on saver fare then it cannot be changed or canceled after the time span of 24 hours after booking the ticket.
Alaska Airlines 24-hour cancellation policy
Cancel your Alaska Air flights within 24 hours of purchase for a full refund, or make a change* to your itinerary within 24 hours of purchase with no change fees.
If you have reserved a flight ticket with Alaska Airlines, but due to some urgency, you need to cancel it. You can make Alaska Airlines cancellations in two ways – Online or Telephone. You need your flight confirmation number ready to enter or provide to the aviation executive to begin the cancellation process. Once the Alaska Airlines cancellations process finishes up, you will be informed about the refund options that you can opt for.
- You’ll still be responsible for any fare increases and taxes that apply to your new itinerary.
- This policy only applies to tickets booked for travel starting more than 24 hours from the time of purchase. If you change* or cancel tickets purchased within 24 hours of the scheduled departure time, your ticket is subject a $125 change fee.
How To Cancel a Flight on Alaska Airlines
- Step 1: Log into your account on Alaska’s homepage and select My Trips.
- Step 2: Once you’ve selected the trip you want to cancel, select Cancel. You can also change your ticket from this screen as well.
- Step 3: The next screen will ask you to confirm that you want to cancel your booking. After you click Confirm, your booking will officially be canceled and you’ll receive a confirmation containing your ticket number with any remaining funds after any potential cancellation fees.
If you prefer to have a customer service agent walk you through the cancellation process, you can do so by calling 800-252-7522 or +1 (877) 681-0056.
Alaska Airlines Cancellation by Call
- Step #1: Dial Alaska Airlines Reservations Department +1 800 654 5669 or +1 (877) 681-0056. toll-free number. If you have any specific query or question related to your flight ticket reservation’s fare, refunds, or Alaska Airlines online air ticket cancellation, contact Alaska Airlines via phone.
- Step #2: Tell the aviation executive that you want to cancel your Alaska Airlines tickets.
- Step #3: Check your air ticket refund options.
Alaska Airlines Cancellation at Airport
Step #1: First of all, you need to go to the airport where you have decided to board the flight.
Step #2: After that, you need to visit Alaska Airlines ATO (Airport Ticket Office).
Step #3: You can talk face to face with the Alaska Airlines executive and ask him or her to cancel your flight tickets. The refund will be credited back to the same debit card or credit card via which you had made the payment.
Alaska Airlines Cancellation Fee
Alaska Airlines Cancellation fee would be applicable on all the fare types, trip types, and class of service selected at the time of purchasing a reservation. Here’s everything you need to know about the Alaska Airlines cancel fee –
- Alaska Airlines cancel fee waiver would be applicable on all bookings if canceled within 24 hours of the date of purchase. Alaska Airlines full refund would be processed.
- In case of Alaska Airlines non-refundable ticket cancellation, passengers would still be charged the Alaska Airlines cancellation fee and the remaining booking value would be converted in the form of future travel credit that can be redeemed within one year from the date of purchase.
- The airlines charge a cancellation fee of 125 USD per person.
Here’s the complete overview of the Alaska Airlines cancellation fee based on the fare types and the class of service –
|Alaska Airlines Cancellation Type||Standard fee||Saver Fare||First Class (purchased) passenger||First Class (award) passenger|
|Same day cancellation fees||$50||$50||$50||$50|
|Same day cancellation fees for flights entirely within the state of California or in our shuttle markets.||$25||$25||$25||$25|
|Change/cancellation fee||125 USD||125 USD||125 USD||125 USD|
The Alaska Airlines Cancellation Policy’s Main Points:
- After 24 hours, customers holding Saver fares tickets are not eligible for refunds.
- Each traveler who cancels their ticket within 24 hours after booking will receive a full refund.
- According to Alaska Airlines’ cancellation policy, passengers flying in main or first-class cabins have until the day of departure to cancel or amend their tickets.
- Passengers who purchased a refundable ticket and are travelling first class will not be charged a cancellation fee.
- According to Alaska Airlines’ flight cancellation policy, passengers holding upgraded tickets will be charged a cancellation fee.
- Passengers who purchase tickets using Mileage Plan MVP must pay a cancellation charge.
Ways to contact Alaska Airlines customer service:
- Chat: On the Alaska Airlines site, go to the Help Center, then click “Start reservations chat.”
- Text: You also have the option to text your concern to 82008.
- Call: The call center is open 24/7 at 800-252-7522 or +1 (877) 681-0056.
Background on Cancellations & Changes
In March and April 2020, nearly every airline updated its rebooking and cancellation policies to allow customers to voluntarily reschedule or cancel flights without penalties. Call centers and customer support were overcapacities and many airlines offered free eCredit or vouchers for voluntary cancellations without needing to notify the airline.
As the pandemic continues, some airlines have moved back to pre-Covid policies while others, like Alaska Airlines, continue to offer flexibility.
The main differentiators between airlines are:
- How long they allow both new and existing bookings to be changed or cancelled without change fees
- The degree of flexibility offered: date changes only, or destination and/or passenger name changes on the booking
Alaska has been generous in its policies, and the move to eliminate change fees altogether is good for the customer. It will be interesting to see the ongoing impact on ticket cancellations — and the price and demand for Saver and Basic Economy fares — with no change fees on most tickets.