If you’ve booked a flight on Alaska Airlines, you may have noticed that the airline has three different types of paid fares — Saver, main, and first. When you book a flight and pay for your ticket, you choose which fare type you’ll book. There are also different flight change policies for each type of fare.
For award flights, there’s no change fee, but when you do change your award flight there are restrictions.
If you need to change or cancel your Alaska Flight, here are a few things you’ll need to know.
- No change fees will apply, but a difference in fare may be charged for your new flights.
- As Per Alaska’s no-show policy, you must change or cancel your reservation before your flight departs in order to receive future travel credit.
- Same-day confirmed changes can be made during the check-in window. A $25-50 fee will apply, but no difference in fare is charged.
- Saver fares cannot be changed.
- Saver fares purchased on or after May 1, 2021, may only be canceled under our 24-hour cancellation policy.
- Saver fares purchased through April 30, 2021, may be canceled under our peace of mind waiver for future travel credit.
Here’s the Alaska Airlines flight change policy for Saver fares:
You can pay $125 to standby for an earlier or later flight on the same day as your original flight. This is available for all Saver fares.
You can pay $125 to change your travel dates up until 60 days before departure, though you may need to pay any difference in fare as well. This is available for all Saver fares (except Mileage Plan awards).
If you don’t show up for your flight and want to use the remaining value of your ticket, you’ll pay a fee of $125 plus any difference in fare. This is available for all Saver fares (except Mileage Plan awards).
Alaska Airlines flight change policy for Main or first-class fares
Did you know that if you’re buying a Main or First class fare ticket, you can change your flight for free within 24 hours of purchasing if the flight isn’t leaving that same day?
What does this mean for you? It means you can book a flight on us tomorrow, then change your plans and still get to where you need to go.
You don’t have to pay extra to change your flight. We’ll just charge the difference in price between what you paid and what you’re actually paying. So if your original flight was $400 but the new one costs $200, we’ll make sure that our agents charge only $200 for the new one (and we won’t charge anything extra).
To make any changes, just call (234) 231-8148.and ask for a ticketing agent. If you want to make changes online, click here and select “I want to change a future reservation.” You can also use the Alaska Airlines mobile app.
Alaska Airlines Same-day Flight Change Policy
You can request a same-day confirmed change to your flight up to 24 hours before the flight. You can do this online or by calling. The cost is $25 for flights that are 500 miles or less and $50 for flights that are 501 miles or more. Once you’ve made the change, your new itinerary is confirmed.
If you don’t want to confirm your reservation, you can request a same-day standby ticket on a different flight. This can be done three hours before the flight through one hour after the scheduled departure time, and it costs just $25 per segment. If there’s space on the new flight, you’ll get a confirmed seat on it.
You can change your flight on the same day you’re flying, but there’s a catch.
If you want to change your flight on the same day as your original, you might have to pay a fee. In most cases, you won’t be charged a difference in fare, though. You can only make same-day changes during the check-in window, and you must request the change prior to the departure of your original flight.
Your new desired flight must depart on the same calendar day as your originally scheduled flight, and you must keep the same origin, destination, thru, and connected cities.
If you have a refundable ticket, you won’t have to pay the same-day change fee. MVP Gold and MVP Gold 75K Mileage Plan members don’t have to pay it either.
Alaska Airline Flight change rules
Alaska Airlines Flight change policy states the various charge fee that may include while you are making alterations in your flight. The change in flight fee of Alaska Airlines depends on the fare of your booked ticket and the fare difference if there is any.
On your new reservation, if the purchased ticket fare is low, Alaska Airlines will either refund or credit for travel in the future by going through ticket rules.
Note on the point that, there are no changes permitted to passengers who are on Saver fare to make changes outside the 24-hour flight change policy.
Alaska airlines come with a no-show policy where you won’t get any credit or refund if you don’t make changes or inform the airlines to make changes in the allotted time before your flight departure.
How to Change Alaska Airlines Flight
When you’re ready to make changes to your Alaska Airlines flight, it’s important to know what type of fare you have and how many days are left on your ticket.
Here are three ways to contact Alaska Airlines customer service:
- Chat: On the Alaska Airlines site, go to the Help Center, then click “Start reservations chat.”
- Text: You also have the option to text your concern to 82008.
- Call: The call center is open 24/7 at 800-252-7522 or (234) 231-8148
Saver fares can’t be changed at all, so if you purchased one, you’re out of luck for now!
If you have a main or first-class fare, though, you can change it for free. Just remember that the only thing you’ll pay for is any difference in fare.
To get started, log in and find the flight you’d like to change in the “Upcoming Trips” section of your account. Select “Change Reservation,” then:
- Select the passenger(s) you’d like to make changes for.
- Choose “Change this trip.”
- Under the “Departing Flights” section, click the “Change Flight” tab.
In this section, there are two options: Change Fare Class and Change Departure Time/Date. You can scroll through and see which option is most relevant to your situation — just know that if your
Alaska Airlines offers a wide range of fares, but the pricing structure can be somewhat confusing. Here’s what you need to know about each kind of fare:
Main or First Class: The lowest-priced main or first-class fare available. While you can cancel these flights, you won’t be able to get a refund — but you can get a credit certificate for the amount of your flight or Alaska will deposit the funds into your My Wallet account.
Refundable Main or First Class: A main or first-class fare you can cancel and receive a full refund.
Mileage: A fare that qualifies for an upgrade using Mileage Plan miles.
MVP/MVP Gold/MVP Gold 75K: A fare that qualifies for MVP/MVP Gold/MVP Gold 75K members to receive a complimentary upgrade to premium or first class.
MVP Gold Guest: A fare that qualifies for use with an MVP Gold guest upgrade code.
- Click the “Continue” button at the bottom of the page.
- Choose a new flight. Any difference in fare or credit due will be displayed to the right.
- Continue on to checkout and final
How to Change Alaska Airlines Award Flight
Here’s how to change an Alaska Airlines award flight without paying a fee.
- Log into your Mileage Plan account on AlaskaAir.com.
- Click on the “My Trips” tab, and select the trip you want to change.
- Look for the “Free Flight Change” button under the trip details, and click it to start the change process. Note that you won’t see this button if you booked your flight through a third-party site like Expedia, so you’ll have to go through them instead (more on that below).
- Select a new flight and pay any difference in fare (if necessary). More than likely, you’ll be changing from a saver award flight to a more expensive one, so keep in mind that there will be some fees involved (though not the $125 fee that normally applies to award changes).
- Print out or email your updated boarding pass. That’s all there is to it!
Alaska Airlines Flight Changes Online or Over the phone?
- It’s usually easier to make flight changes online. Your flight is eligible for online changes if:
- You purchased your ticket directly through Alaska Airlines.
- No passengers have checked in for any flights on the reservation.
- Your reservation doesn’t include Saver fares or government fares.
- Your reservation includes seven guests or less and/or isn’t part of a larger group booking.
- Your reservation contains no more than eight flight segments.
- Your reservation is not a Mileage Plan award ticket for travel on Cathay Pacific or LATAM.
- No special services, such as pet accommodations, have been requested on your reservation.
If your reservation is not eligible for online changes, you can make changes over the phone. The number to call is (234) 231-8148
No special services, such as pet accommodations, have been requested on your reservation. (If you need to make changes to an itinerary that includes pet accommodations, please call Alaska Pet Reservations Department.
Alaska Airlines Same Day Change Policy
We understand that the mishappening comes unannounced for which we have the flight change policy for our passengers. The terms and conditions of Alaska Airlines Same-Day Flight Change Policy have been listed below:
- The passengers have the flexibility of changing their flight prior to 24 hours of the scheduled departure
- Exchanging the ticket facility with a flight ticket of the exact same day is also available. The passengers who wish to travel a bit earlier can enjoy this perk hassle-free.
- Please keep in mind that the Savor fare ticket holders are not allowed to have same-day flight changes.
- The passengers can be charged $25 or $50 according to the terms and conditions mentioned in the change section. We suggest you have a glance at the Change section for a brief knowledge of the chargeable fee.
- The passengers are requested to understand that we are willing to provide the best service possible. And we do not claim that the exchange procedure is exhaustive in all terms. The exchange ticket policy is totally based on the vacancy of the seats at the very moment.
- To make it easier for you, let us apprise you that the exchange ticket policy is more flexible in the offseason. Apart from Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Year, we can affirm that the chances of exchanging the flight ticket are high. We suggest you make an early call for this procedure in order to avoid disappointment.
- You can also be self-reliant by simply checking the availability of the seats online prior to making an exchange request.
- Alaska Airlines Same-day changes are $50 for all ticket types (not including Saver tickets), with the exception of those whose travel is entirely within the state of California, in which case the fee is $25. If you hold MVP Gold or MVP Gold 75K status with Alaska Airlines, or your travel itinerary is wholly within the state of Alaska, the same-day change fee will be waived.
Keep in mind that same-day changes are subject to the availability of seats in the same cabin. However, you will only be charged the fee if you get a seat. If there is no availability, you won’t be charged for being on same-day standby.
Alaska Airlines provides a flight change on same day policy for its passengers as listed below: –
- Passengers of Alaska Airlines are allowed to make changes on a flight within 24 hours of the original departure time.
- Passengers on Alaska Airlines can change to earlier flights by an exchange on their tickets of the same day of the departure.
- The exchange in tickets on Alaska Airlines change flights within 24hours is dependent primarily on the availability of seats.
- The Alaska Airlines cost to change flight depends on as described in the change fee section as $25 or $50.
Cost to change Alaska Airline Flight
Passengers must know the fact that the change in flight fee on Alaska Airlines is directly based on the type of fare. Alaska airlines fees for changing flight is applied to the changes made on each person.
- Alaska Airlines flight change price is not at a fixed rate. Alaska Airlines flight change cost may vary occasionally.
- Here it is mentioned how much is it to change a flight on Alaska Airlines.
- Alaska Airlines flight change fee for all class types on same-day changes is $50.
- The cost to change a flight on Alaska Airlines for all class types within Alaska on the same day is $25.
- The change fee is $125 as the Standard fee for non-refundable tickets and it’s free for refundable tickets. The difference in fare may also apply
Alaska Airlines Change Flight Date
As per Alaska Airlines’ date change policy, passengers can alter their date of travel, 11 months from the original travel date in either direction, without paying any Alaska Airlines change fee. However, passengers would be responsible for the fare difference if opt for a flight that has a higher fare value than the existing one.
Saver fares by Alaska Airlines are not eligible for making any changes to the Saver fare. Passengers can only cancel their reservation under Alaska Airlines’ 24-hour change policy, and claim a full refund.
Can I change my flight time on Alaska Airline?
Yes, a passenger can make changes with Alaska Airlines to change flight time.
Follow through the steps for how to change flight time on Alaska on your flight travel.
The travel itinerary changes on time can be made on Manage booking Tab and then proceed to the Change Flight option on the website of Alaska Airline or by direct contacting Alaska Airlines change flight phone number customer service.
How do I talk to a person at Alaska Airlines?
- Reservations: (1-234-ALASKAAIR), available 24/7. Hearing
- Hearing and speech impaired (TTY) help is available. Dial 711 for relay services.
- Group reservations over 9 passengers: 1-800-445-4435.
- Cargo: 1-800-225-2752
- Guest Care / Post-flight concerns: 1-800-654-5669. Hearing and speech impaired (TTY) help is available.
- Account: 1-800-654-5669.
- Chat with Alaska Start chat
How do I fly standby on Alaska Airlines?
Follow these steps to fly standby on Alaska Airlines:
- Same day standby may be requested during check-in. While you’re checking in for your flight using Alaska online check-in, mobile app check-in, or one of the airport kiosks, choose “Change flight” to request standby. Standby requests must be made prior to the departure of your original flight.
- Same day standby can also be requested at the airport. If you’re at the airport and decide to fly standby, see one of alaska customer service agents to get your name added to the standby list. Standby requests must be made prior to the departure of your original flight.
- Head to the gate for your chosen standby flight as early as possible. Keep in mind that seat availability for same day standby travel will not be known until thirty minutes before the flight departs. During that time, be sure to stay in the boarding area, wait for your name to be called, and respond right away when the gate agent calls your name.
Alaska schedule change policy
Alaska’s schedule change policy is spelled out in its contract of carriage. If your departure or arrival time changes by an hour or more or a stop are added to your journey, you are eligible for a full refund of the remaining value of your ticket.
This is one of the most liberal policies I’ve seen. Even if your flight is delayed by just one hour, you qualify for a full refund. That’s another reason to wait until the very last minute to cancel your flight since you never know if it’ll be delayed on the day of departure. And if it does, odds are that you’re due a refund.
Alaska Airlines No-show policy
If you think you’ll miss your flight, let us know before your flight departs in order to receive the value of your ticket as a credit to use on a future flight in your wallet. Please note that Saver fares* are not eligible for changes.
If you don’t cancel your ticket before your flight departs, Alaska Airlines will apply its no-show policy to your entire reservation.
This means: They will cancel your flight reservation and all continuing and return flights.
The money and/or Mileage Plan™ miles spent on non-refundable fares will not be available as credit towards a future flight.
Alaska Airlines Flight Change Policy Alaska Airlines Flight Change Overview If you need to change or cancel your Alaska Flight, here are a few things you’ll need to know. No change fees will apply, but a difference in fare may be charged for your new flights. As Per Alaska no-show policy, you must change or cancel…
If you have to cancel your flight itinerary with Alaska Airlines, here are few things you need to know – Alaska Airlines cancellation fee do not apply if making the request within 24 hours of purchase Alaska Airlines cancellation policy would be applicable on all fare types, trip types, passengers, and the class of service…
Alaska Airlines Name Change/Correction Policy, Fee, contact info for Domestic and International Flights: All you need to know
Alaska Airlines allows its esteemed visitors to make required corrections in their names on the ticket. You will have to adhere to toa certain procedure as per the company norms and regulations. How to Change Passenger name on Alaska Airlines Change or cancel your reservation here at alaskaair.com. Call Alaska Airlines reservations team (234) 231-8148 or…
Alaska Airlines is the best to plan a trip to and from the USA. As there are many additional features provided by them to the customers. A few of those features are: A welcoming onboard experience. Timely intimation about the flight schedules. A baggage facility is provided. Refunds are easily processed without any hustle to the…