American Airlines calls its rules the conditions of carriage. In general, when your flight is canceled or a delay will cause you to miss your connection, American will rebook you on the next flight with available seats. If you decide not to fly because your flight was delayed or canceled, American will refund the remaining ticket value and any optional fees. If the delay was caused by American Airlines, they may handle hotel accommodations for you.
- Under rule 240, if the flight is delayed for reasons under their control, e.g., mechanical problems, they should provide you with a phone call if delayed > 2hrs. If more than 4 hrs. between 10 PM and 6 AM, a hotel room. You should get meal vouchers as well.
- AA appears to have met its obligations under rule 240. They are supposed to try to get you out on their next non-sold-out flight to your destination (or available flight of another airline if this is not acceptable to you).
- If you find these alternative arrangements objectionable, the airline may refund your money. However, you did not pay for your ticket – so no refund. Also, you should have brought any objections to the attention of the agent at the time it happened. You can write to AA but you probably won’t get anything.
If you’re massively delayed and the airline arranges alternate transportation with another carrier, they will cover all the expenses and extra fees the new airline might assess. So, if there’s only a first-class seat available, it’s yours, and it won’t cost you an extra penny. Pass the complimentary Champagne.
Call American Airlines helpline number:
Call American Airlines to change your reservation with a representative over the phone.
Talk to a real person and get a human at American Airlines:
- To contact American Airlines, you can dial (888) 217-4364 (US & Canada), or (800) AMERICANAIRLINES 633-3711 for Spanish assistance) if you want to speak with an agent
- If you require assistance with your current reservation-related inquiry, please press 1.
- content: If you would like to make a new reservation, press 2
- Afterward, press 3 to ask for assistance regarding luggage or check-in service for flights.
- Now you can press the 7 to reach an American Airlines representative who can help you directly.
American Airlines Voice Menu
- Say “Flight status”, “Reservations”, “Ticketing” etc.
Chat with the live agents:
Live chat is the quickest way to connect to the support team of American Airlines or how do I talk to a live person at American Airlines.
You can chat with the live agents of this airline to get their help. To opt for this method, you need to go to the official website and then you can write down the query in the chatbox. They will come online as soon as they read your message. This is the quickest method by which you can get the help of live agents. They will be available round the clock for the passengers. you can now call them anytime to get the best aid from them.
Use email service:
American Airlines accepts the emails that you use to send your queries through this platform ingeniously. Email service is the easiest way to connect to the support team of American Airlines using its email ID to send emails to the clients and it can be used when you are unable to reach them via phone call.
Use social media services:
If you want to share your important queries with a live person, you can utilize Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Facebook and get the appropriate solution at the same platform instantly, and thus, you can get through to American Airlines customer service comfortably.
This is the answer to the question, “How do I get through to American Airlines?” We hope that you have understood the methods of connecting with the live agents.
Can I text American Airlines?
To get help, you can contact us at any time from your mobile phone by sending a text message with the word “HELP” to (447950080989). … You agree to provide American Airlines with a valid mobile number. You agree that we may send you text messages through your wireless provider.
What Do I Do If I Missed My Connecting Flight on American Airlines?
In the event that you miss a connecting flight on American Airlines, there are two reasons. If it is your fault, you may be eligible for compensation or to be re-booked on the next flight to your destination. If it is the airline’s fault, they should offer you accommodations and food. Otherwise, you will have to contact customer service and find out
If the Airline is Responsible
You may be eligible for compensation if your flight with American Airlines is delayed or cancelled due to the airline. Reasons vary from technical issues with the plane to bad weather.
In order to compensate you for a delayed connecting flight, the airline should delay your original flight by 2 hours or more.
If American Airlines is the responsible party for your missed connection, they should book you on the next available flight to the same destination. If there are no available flights till the next day, they should cater for your accommodation and meals.
If the flight is cancelled because of poor weather, the airline will book you on the next available flight and let you know. The airline will not cover any accommodation or meal expenses incurred while waiting for another flight. That’s why travel insurance can be so helpful since it will cover expenses that the airline won’t.
If your flight is delayed or canceled, you can catch another connecting flight on American Airlines. If a family member had to be taken to the hospital, for instance, you might have missed your original flight. You should note that the airline will not offer to rebook for free and does not have any obligation to do so.
So you will have to pay the fee for hanging your flight, plus any difference in fare if there is any. It’s best to have both flights on American Airlines if possible because it will make rebooking a connecting flight easier.
If you miss your connecting flight due to no fault of your own, and it would make sense to take the trip by car or other ground transport, you can be reimbursed for the ticket.
What to Do
The first thing you do upon missing your connecting flight is to locate your luggage. The luggage is your responsibility even though you booked two flights on American Airlines.
Once you have your luggage with you, head to the ticket counter at the airport and speak to customer service. They can help you find a new flight or help you get a refund for your old one. Be courteous and kind even if you’ve just missed your flight, because they may decide not to help at all.
If your baggage has already left the airport and is on its way to the destination, you should contact customer service as soon as you can.
If the next flight to your destination is not until the next day, and you are using American Airlines, you can decide to use another airline and get a refund from American Airlines. If not, simply ask American Airlines customer service about travel to your accommodation facilities.
The best way to contact American Airlines customer service is by calling them. They have different numbers for different departments, so make sure you call the appropriate number. Their phone lines are always open.
To know what your airline defines as a minor delay, refer to their Terms and Conditions.
Minor change: Passenger’s victim of a minor schedule change has generally no choice but to accept it. If this happens to you, feel free to ask for a refund or an alternate flight, but keep in mind that you are not covered by any law and the airline doesn’t have the obligation to refund or reroute you on a different flight.
Significant change: A significant change of schedule gives passengers more options. In most cases, the airline will offer you the choice between getting a refund or a rerouting on a comparable flight.
Note that if the airline offers you a rerouting as an alternative to the schedule change, you do NOT have to accept it if the flight is not to your convenience. In this case, contact the airline to ask for a different flight or a refund.
Flight cancellation: If the airline cancels your flight altogether (or presents a change of flight as a schedule change), you have even more rights. First, you must be offered a choice between a refund for cancelled flight or an alternate flight.
American Airlines defines a schedule irregularity as:
- A delay in the departure or arrival of an American Airlines flight that results in a misconnection, or
- A flight cancellation or omission of a scheduled stop, or any other delay or interruption of an American Airlines flight, or
- A substitution of equipment to a different class of service, or
- A schedule change that requires you to be rerouted.
If your flight is delayed, cancelled or you miss a connecting American Airlines flight, due to a schedule irregularity
- American Airlines must confirm you on their next flight (on which space is available) at no additional cost.
- If there is an alternate American Airlines flight that will arrive at your destination earlier than the alternate you have been offered, you have the right to be confirmed on this American Airlines flight at no additional cost, even if first class space is all that is available.
- If the alternate American Airlines flight is not acceptable to you, you have the right to be confirmed on the flight of a different airline at no additional cost.
- If there is an alternate “different airline” flight that will arrive at your destination earlier than any alternate flight you have been offered, you have the right to be confirmed on this flight at no additional cost, even if first class space is all that is available.
- If no alternate flight (on American Airlines or a “different airline”) is acceptable to you, American Airlines must refund your money – even if you have a non-refundable ticket.
With American’s new schedule change policy, you can only be refunded for a schedule change if you’re delayed by at least four hours, or if you go from a nonstop to a connecting itinerary.
With this new policy, American Airlines will only provide refunds to customers when schedule changes result in an overall delay of more than four hours, or when a customer goes from being booked on a nonstop, to being booked an itinerary with a connection.
In situations where the schedule change is four hours or less, and the customer wishes to rebook, they can do so without incurring any change fees. They can also cancel and rebook at a later date, and retain the full value of their ticket.
For irregular operations within 72 hours of departure, American Airlines will refund non-refundable tickets if a delay of 90 minutes or more occurs.
American Airlines Scheduled changes are allowed:
- The ticket change and schedule time are only allowed in the following cases:
- Changes in 90 minutes or less: The airline changes a flight with the same fare as your original ticket on the same day. They can change your connection point if you want to. This is a bit restrictive because if you bought a low fare and it is sold out that day, you will not have options.
- Changes in 91 minutes or greater or a nonstop turned into a connecting flight: The airline will change the different flight even if the original fare class is not available, and will also change the partner flights.
- It made the Re-accommodation on a different date because the same day flights will not be available.
It includes the change to dates, origin or destination, and AA* services. Travel Agents can reissue re-accommodated itinerary as updated by the airlines.
- Other Restrictions: A passenger has rights to charge you if there is any difference in fare and can technically charge the changed fee. So, when the schedule changes, you have to call an agent who is willing to help you.
- For first and business class fares: If the change is less than 91 minutes, you might be placed in coach if the exact fare code you purchased is not available.
If it is greater than 90 minutes, you can rebook on a flight with the lowest fare.
Schedule changes are not ideal, and we know that you may have plans to change routes or timings. So, read and follow the general guidelines of schedule changes and make the process as painless as possible for you.
American Airlines Schedule Change Policy – Rule 240/80
Definitions of American Airlines Rule 240
- Domestic tariff rules which state obligations of American Airlines customers when their flights are changed or canceled as a result of Schedule Change or Irregularities.
- You can use rule 240 when you travel between the U.S. and Canada, between the U.S. and Puerto Rico /U.S., and Virgin Islands, and within the 50 U.S., States.
- Rule 240 covers all American Airlines ticketed customers including AAdvantage, AA codeshare, and Travel Agents free/reduced rate.
- AAirpass: AA tickets should be handled in the same manner as revenue tickets and are considered ticketed at all times.
Definition of Rule 80
- International tariff rules state the obligations of American Airlines customers when their flights are changed or canceled as a result of Schedule Change or Irregularities.
- Rule 80 applies to all international AA Flights except travel between the U.S. and Canada and/or between the U.S. and Puerto Rico /U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Rule 80 covers all American Airlines ticketed customers including AAdvantage, AA codeshare, and Travel Agents free/reduced rate.
- AAirpass: AA tickets should be handled in the same manner as revenue tickets and are considered ticketed at all times.
American Airlines Schedule Change
- American Airlines change or cancellation of a flight occurs prior to the day of departure but can occur up to more than 72 hours before the scheduled departure.
For Exp: Change of AA flight times, discontinuation of all service in a market, change of AA flight numbers, reduction of service.
- You cannot use Re-accommodation or refunds service when the schedule change only involves a change in the flight number.
Note: It is not necessary to reissue tickets immediately when a travel agent receives multiple schedule change notices. Passenger tickets should match current flight information prior to departure for check-in.
Procedure – Reissue for Schedule Change
- American Airlines uses an automated schedule change process up to 72 hours prior to departure. Through this automated process, all schedule changes are sent to the booking source for notification.
- It is the booking source’s responsibility to notify the customer, acknowledge the schedule change and reissue the ticket. If the Schedule Change for a delayed flight is within 30 minutes prior to or after the original departure, the Travel Agents may not re-accommodate to an alternate flight, unless the schedule change results in a “misconnect”.
- Please note that a reissue is not required on tickets where the passenger has been affected by a flight number change and/or a time change with a departure of fewer than 15 mins earlier or less than 30 mins later.
Travel Agents May Reissue for the following
Travel Agents may rebook new Itinerary for Customer If the AA flight delay is within 30 minutes prior to or after the original departure the
Travel Agents may not re-accommodate to an alternate flight time or alternate date of travel unless the schedule change results in a “misconnect”.
American Airlines Rebooking & Ticketing Procedures
Travel Agents may rebook a new itinerary if the Schedule Change is:
- 31 minutes to 90 minutes – it is allowed to offer an alternate flight if available in their ticketed inventory only and as close to the original departure time as possible:
- For the same travel dates, origination/destination, inventory, fare, and fare basis as originally ticketed.
- May select an alternate flight wholly AA/AA* maintaining same inventory, origin/destination.
- May have or add an alternate connecting point to the destination on the original ticket.
Change – AA Flights
- Customer does not accept new itinerary as updated by AA schedule change and requests an alternate time of travel on the same day as ticketed:
- Travel Agents may rebook new Itinerary for Customer
- NOTE: If the AA flight delay is within 30 minutes prior to or after the original departure the Travel Agents may not re-accommodate to an alternate flight time or alternate date of travel unless the schedule change results in a “misconnect”.
Travel Agents can rebook new AA itinerary if:
- Original inventory is not available and the flight change is 90 minutes or more or the flight changes from a non-stop to a
connecting flight may book an American Airlines next lowest available flight, inventory, same cabin, up to and including B inventory.
- No AA flights are available and the flight change is 90 minutes or more or the flight changes from a non-stop to a connecting
flight may select an alternate flight on AA codeshare, maintaining the same inventory, origin/destination, fare, and fare basis as originally ticketed.
- No AA flights are available and the flight change is 90 minutes or more or the flight changes from a non-stop to a connecting
flight may select an alternate flight on American Airlines* (restricted to codeshare partners), if original inventory is not available may book next lowest available inventory, same cabin, up to and including B inventory, excludes W inventory for premium economy on AA*.
- You may have or add an alternate connecting point to the destination on the original ticket.
- May change to a day prior/after the original ticketed travel date maintaining the same inventory, origination/destination, fare, and fare basis as originally ticketed.
- May change their continuing or return travel dates on AA segments only maintaining the same inventory to maintain the original length of stay prior to the re-accommodation.
Steps to change the date on your American Airlines Flight
- Visit American Airlines’ official reservation website.
- Go to the “American Airlines Manage Booking” tab and log in with your credentials in the “My Trip” option.
- Enter your ticket confirmation code and the first and last name of the passenger who has purchased the ticket.
- You can now access your flight details.
- Select the Change flight option and choose the new date for your flight
- Pay the change fee (the change fee may or may not be different depending on your origin, destination, and route).
- After the payment is cleared, American Airlines will send a confirmation message on the contact information you have given.
- Though changing a flight date on American Airlines is quite a simple process, passengers still have to keep certain things in mind. So, before you change your flight, ensure you know and follow all these rules and guidelines.
American Airlines Flight Change Policy
- In order to avoid any change fees, it is recommended that if your travel plan is uncertain, please try to change your booking within 24 hours after the initial booking.
- Customers can cancel the ticket within 24 hours after purchasing the ticket and get a full refund.
- Passengers must book tickets at least two days before departure.
- The non-refundable ticket value can be applied to future flights as long as:
- The new itinerary is no more than one year away from the original ticket booking.
- The customer canceled the ticket before the scheduled departure of the flight.
Remember to enter only the correct details. If you are unsure of anything, you must contact American Airlines Customer Service and talk to their representative to clear up your doubts before proceeding.
Non-refundable tickets CAN become refundable
If a flight is severely delayed (generally over two hours) or canceled or if there’s a schedule change in advance or a route change (like a nonstop flight changing to a flight with connections), you can get a full refund on a non-refundable fare. Don’t let them push you around. When the airlines at fault, it owes you money.
American Airlines Flight Change Fee:
Below are the different criteria and conditions for American Airlines flight change fee charges.
Fees by market:
|Market||Same-Day Confirmed Change Service||Standby Service|
|Puerto Rico, U.S, and the U.S. Virgin Islands||$75||$75|
|The Caribbean and Canada||$75||No|
|Between/through London Heathrow (LHR) andNew York (JFK)||$150||No|
|Passenger / ticket type||Confirmed Change Service||Standby Service|
|AAdvantage® Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro status (and companions in the same reservation)||Yes||Yes|
|Unrestricted Economy (Y fare), Business, First, AirPass||Yes||Yes|
|Award tickets: Business, First, AAnytime, MileSAAver||Yes||Yes|
|Gold status and AAdvantage® Platinum ( up to 8 companions under the same reservation)||No||Yes|
|Sapphire, oneworld® Emerald, or Ruby status ( up to 8 companions within the same reservation)||No||Yes|
|Active U.S. military dependents (on orders only) and active U.S. military personnel (on orders or personal travel)||No||Yes|
American Airlines Cancellation Policy Overview: American Airlines Cancellation Policy: When you book a reservation on American Airlines, you are entitled to a refund if your fare permits cancellations without penalty. If you cancel a reservation and you are not eligible for a refund, you can use the price of your ticket toward a new reservation…
American Airlines (AA) Missed Flight Policy The rule isn’t publicly documented and it can be hard for passengers to take advantage of it, but we do know a bit about how airlines handle missed flights. American Airlines has an internal, unpublished Late Arrival Standby Policy that says that passengers who arrive at the airport within…
Did you misspell the name when making the American Airlines Reservation? Whenever a passenger has misspelled his/her name on the American Airlines ticket, it can be corrected according to the AA name correction policy. If a passenger has booked a flight with American Airlines and has misspelled the name, it can easily be corrected. To make…
AUSTIN, Texas — On Thursday, American Airlines announced 14 new flights from Austin’s airport, including 10 new domestic and four new international destinations. American Airlines Reservations of 10 new domestic nonstops As customers continue to return to the skies, American Airlines will add three-times daily service to El Paso, Texas (ELP); twice-daily service to Cincinnati (CVG); Indianapolis (IND);…
American Airlines calls its rules the conditions of carriage. In general, when your flight is canceled or a delay will cause you to miss your connection, American will rebook you on the next flight with available seats. If you decide not to fly because your flight was delayed or canceled, American will refund the remaining…
Rules for American Airlines flight check-in You can make American Airlines Check-in online or using the mobile app starting 24 hours before and up to 45 minutes before departure of the first flight in your itinerary. This applies even if you have a connecting flight that’s more than a day away. Note that online and…
American Airlines Manage My Booking: Managing flight reservations can seem like a difficult task but it isn’t as many airlines provide their reservation management tool on their websites. However, when it comes to the largest airlines in the world i.e. American Airlines then managing bookings can become a lot easier. The Forth Worth-based airlines have…
How Do I Change my American Airlines flight date due to any specific reason? You can change your flight date online if your booking is eligible for a change. American Airlines offer simple options to change flight dates, including online, and you can easily use it. American Airlines Change Flight Date Policy Before you change…
Basic Info Airline: American Airlines Alliance: Oneworld Category: Legacy domestic and international airline Frequent Flyer Program: AAdvantage Tagline: “The World’s Greatest Flyers Fly American” and “Going for Great” About/Mission Statement: “American Airlines and American Eagle are dedicated to providing you with safe, dependable, friendly air transportation. They also provide numerous related services. Their goal is…
It is possible to transfer an American Airlines ticket yourself. If you are planning on making changes or rebooking your AA flight, it is important that you understand how to do this in order to avoid extra fees and make the most of your travel experience. Most passengers are allowed to transfer their tickets from…
In case you have canceled your flight booking on American Airlines and wonder how do I rebook a canceled flight American Airlines, don’t worry about it. As you can do that by going to the airline’s website. Aside from this, before rebooking a flight, you need to know some information and to help you with…
American Airline Ticket Hold Policies & Fees American Airlines allows you to hold a reservation within a 7-day period. However, there are two important factors to take into consideration regarding the time frame of your hold. First of all, they’re only offered on certain flights and you won’t know if the flight you want to…
Change Seat on American Airlines: Policy & Fee There are a few points to Change Seat on American Airlines will depend on two different criteria. 1) The class of service you purchased2) Your status with American Airlines. If you have no status with the airline: If you have purchased First or Business class tickets, you…
If you want to contact American Airlines Customer Service, you can call them at800-433-7300 Toll-Free. You will be put in touch with a support representative. In addition, there are several other ways to contact the support team. How do I get a human at American Airlines Customer Service By phone After you…
Número de teléfono de American Airlines para reservas, nuevas reservas de vuelos, cambio de fecha, cancelación
Reservas, cancelaciones y otros números de teléfono de atención al cliente de American Airlines Números de reserva de AA: 1-800-433-7300 AA.com y asistencia para iniciar sesión: 1-800-222-2377 Tarjeta de crédito AA American Airlines: 1-800-733-2654 (para EE. UU., Canadá y Puerto Rico); 1-423-477-6512 (para otros países) AA Rental Cars, Hoteles y Actividades: 1-800-960-7163 Seguimiento de equipaje AA:…