Did you misspell the name when making the American Airlines Reservation? Whenever a passenger has misspelled his/her name on an American Airlines ticket, it can be corrected according to the AA name correction policy. If a passenger has booked a flight with American Airlines and has misspelled the name, it can easily be corrected. To make AA Name Corrections, the passenger must follow the American Airlines name change policy.
American Airlines Name Change Policy
As a general rule, American Airlines does not allow name changes on tickets. However, there are several situations in which you may be able to make a name change.
Name Changes Allowed by American Airlines
There are two scenarios where American Airlines will allow a name change:
You purchased the ticket as a gift or award miles ticket and you do not have the passenger’s new name before departure. In this case, you can call American Airlines Reservations to have the ticket changed at no fee. You must provide proof of purchase (i.e., receipt) and proof of identification for the person whose name is being changed (i.e., driver’s license). If this applies to you, please contact reservations at least 24 hours prior to departure so we can make the necessary changes to your reservation.
If there was an error on your ticket that caused your name to be incorrect when issued and it has not yet been corrected by our system (i.e., misspelling), then you can contact reservations within 24 hours of departure and we will correct this error for free if possible; otherwise, it may require reissuing another ticket at an additional cost
What if you have a non-refundable ticket?
If you have a non-refundable ticket then you will not be able to make any changes to your ticket or even claim a refund unless your airline offers a refundable fare option along with it. In such cases, you can get your ticket changed or refunded but only by paying some penalty fees.
Inserting an incorrect name is one of the most common mistakes by passengers. American Airlines follows a particular policy to revise the error. In the following chapter, we will go through the detailed process of correcting the passengers’ names with American Airlines.
Here are the ways how to change the name on American Airlines Ticket:
- Click on the “My Reservations” tab on the American Airlines homepage.
- Login with your correct Email Id and password and select other fields.
- Select the flight manages to book and click on the American Airlines Reservations, Check the box to the left of the reservation you want to change. Click the “Change Flights” button. If this button is missing or greyed out, your flight is not eligible for online changes; you must contact the American Airlines reservations desk by phone.
- Now select flight change and enter the new name and select the edit button to apply simply.
- Having changed your name, you can press the save button at the end of the task easily.
Call American Airlines helpline number:
Call American Airlines to change your reservation with a representative over the phone.
Talk to a real person and get a human at American Airlines:
- To contact American Airlines, you can dial 800-433-7300 (US & Canada), or (888) 217-4137 if you want to speak with an agent, If assistance is needed in Spanish, you may dial 800-633-3711
- If you require assistance with your current reservation-related inquiry, please press 1.
- content: If you would like to make a new reservation, press 2
- Afterward, press 3 to ask for assistance regarding luggage or check-in service for flights.
- Now you can press the 7 to reach an American Airlines representative who can help you directly.
American Airlines Voice Menu
- Say “Flight status”, “Reservations”, “Ticketing” etc.
Chat with the live agents:
Live chat is the quickest way to connect to the support team of American Airlines or how do I talk to a live person at American Airlines.
You can chat with the live agents of this airline to get their help. To opt for this method, you need to go to the official website and then you can write down the query in the chatbox. They will come online as soon as they read your message. This is the quickest method by which you can get the help of live agents. They will be available round the clock for the passengers. you can now call them anytime to get the best aid from them.
Use email service:
American Airlines accepts the emails that you use to send your queries through this platform ingeniously. Email service is the easiest way to connect to the support team of American Airlines using its email ID to send emails to the clients and it can be used when you are unable to reach them via phone call.
Use social media services:
If you want to share your important queries with a live person, you can utilize Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Facebook and get the appropriate solution at the same platform instantly, and thus, you can get through to American Airlines customer service comfortably.
This is the answer to the question, “How do I get through to American Airlines?” We hope that you have understood the methods of connecting with the live agents.
Can I text American Airlines?
To get help, you can contact us at any time from your mobile phone by sending a text message with the word “HELP” to (447950080989). … You agree to provide American Airlines with a valid mobile number. You agree that we may send you text messages through your wireless provider.
American Airlines Name Change/Corrections at Airport
I made the mistake of misspelling the name of American Airlines at the airport. It was not until much later that I realized that this mistake can be easily corrected.
In this article, we will go over how to make corrections on your American Airlines boarding pass if you made a mistake when entering your name or other information.
Step 1: Find Your Boarding Pass
First, locate your boarding pass in an email or print it out so you can see it clearly. Next, look for your name and other information on the boarding pass. If you have a ticket with multiple passengers on one document, then check each individual passenger’s information as well as the information for all passengers on the same flight segment together.
Step 2: Make Corrections to Your Name or Other Information
Once you have located your name and other items on the boarding pass that need correcting, type in any changes you would like to make into either the “My Trips” page or directly into the “My Profile” page depending on what type of account you have with American Airlines (this may also depend on whether or not you already made changes through My Trips). The following is an example of how to make corrections to My Profile:
American Airlines Name Change/Corrections by Phone
Call American Airlines Booking to change your reservation with a representative over the phone. A change fee applies. Your new flight’s scheduled departure must be within one to 12 hours of the time you call.
American Airlines Self-service kiosk
Use a self-service kiosk to change your flight if you are already at the airport. Swipe a credit card or personal identification, such as your passport, to activate the kiosk and locate your reservation. Follow the on-screen instructions to change to a different flight if one is available. A change fee applies, which you can pay via credit card directly at the kiosk. Print a new boarding pass from the machine.
How do I change a misspelled name on an American Airlines ticket?
Simply call the airline and politely ask to correct a minor spelling mistake. Virtually all airlines stipulate that single-character spelling corrections can be done free of charge. Be sure to note the passenger is the same, there was just a simple error.
- Login online using your Passenger Name Record (PNR) and make amendments to the departure information.
- Call the American Airlines call center and advise of the corrections to be made. The telephone numbers can be found using this link.
How much does American Airlines charge to change the name on ticket?
American Airlines Name Correction Fee
On applicable tickets, American Airlines is allowing a no-cost name change. Airlines don’t usually allow complimentary name changes. Instead, they charge a hefty fee. This type of amendment is free of cost for visitors. On the other hand, visitors will pay US$25 as the processing fee when they make major name corrections. For domestic and international passengers, the name correction fee is US$200 and US$700, respectively.
How to Transfer a Ticket to American Airlines?
American Airlines allows most passengers to transfer their tickets from one flight to another prior to departure. Restrictions and fees depend on the fare class booked, the reason for the change, the availability of alternate flights, and even the customer’s specific needs. It is important to note that American Airlines typically will not allow passengers to transfer a ticket to another person, especially amid an era of tighter security. In most cases, you will have to pay a fee to change your ticket in any way.
Can I Change Name or Transfer a Ticket to Another Person?
American Airlines usually will not allow you to transfer a ticket booked in your name to another person. However, if you cancel your ticket (which will incur a fee of about $150 depending on the fare class originally booked), you will receive a credit, which you can use to book a new ticket in the name of the new passenger. Call the airline or go to refunds.aa.com and follow the instructions to cancel your ticket and book the new one. If you book the new ticket over the phone, you may have to pay an additional fee of $20 or more. Tickets booked in cheaper fare classes will typically incur a fee for changes or cancellations.
Change a Name on an American Airline Ticket Due to Marriage?
- Generally, airline ticket name changes or transfers to another person are not permitted. But what about in the case of a legal name change?
- If you filed for a new passport in your maiden’s name to travel for your honeymoon, you have 12 months from your wedding date to file for a free passport in your new name! Think of it as a wedding gift from the State Department.
- Most airlines will not update a name on a ticket and will charge full fare for a new ticket in a different name. If you are concerned that your spouse will make a mistake with your name and travel plans, opt for travel insurance.
- The TSA will not accept a marriage certificate as a form of identification. So, bring your driver’s license or passport when you fly.
- Book your honeymoon travel in your maiden’s name. It will take two weeks for your marriage certificate to be issued after your wedding, so you will be traveling with identification in your married name.
- Should you have a flight booked in your married name, you can use your ticket as proof to expedite the processing of your passport at a regional passport center in one day.
What is the difference between a Name Correction and a Name Change?
A name correction allows the agency to correct the name to match the TSA government-required document(s) for miss-spelling, married/maiden/divorce names, legal names, secondary last name, inverted names, etc., and the SFPD DOB/Gender does not change from the original input for ticketing.
A name change from one person to another person is not permitted.
Can I change my basic economy ticket on American Airlines?
A refundable ticket allows you to change or cancel your flight without a fee. A non-refundable ticket may cost less, but if you need to make changes you’ll be charged a change fee and any difference in fare. If you buy a Basic Economy fare, changes are not allowed.
Ticket Name Corrections on American Airlines Ticket
Name Correction policy stems from the document of the same name. In general, American Airlines offers flexibility for Minor and Major name corrections for wholly unused tickets.
Reasons that a name change may be required include If the customer has TSA Pre✓, Global Entry, NEXIUS, or SENTRI card and the name submitted on their airline reservation does not have an exact match.
Minor name corrections on American Airlines Ticket
A Minor Name correction applies to itineraries that consist of American Airlines and American Eagle flights only and may be corrected in the same PNR (Passenger Name Record). Itineraries ticketed in “R” inventory must follow Major Name Correction Guidelines.
Minor name corrections on American Airlines tickets can be made at the airport or by calling the American Airlines reservation center. This can be done if you have a paper ticket or an e-ticket.
If you need to make a minor name change on your AA ticket, you will need to visit the airport with your new ID and old ID with a picture. You will also need to bring your confirmation number and phone number. If you have an electronic ticket, you can call the AA reservation center and they’ll change it for you over the phone.
The fee is $50 and it’s non-refundable.
Major name corrections on American Airlines Ticket
A Major Name Correction applies to itineraries ticketed in “R” inventory, codeshare flight segments on AA/Oneworld codeshares or non-Oneworld carriers and requires a new PNR as a name correction cannot be made within the same PNR due to software limitations.
American Airlines Name Change/Correction Fee
Like other airline service providers, American Airlines also charges passengers some fees against name corrections.
Through June 30, 2021, American is waiving change fees for flights originating outside of North and South America. After that, it isn’t clear how much it will charge, but pre-COVID the fees ranged as high as $750 for international flights.
The new policies also apply to award ticket bookings. For any ticket changes, you will need to pay the difference in fare. If the new fare is lower, the difference will be issued as a travel credit. Basic economy fares on all routes are still subject to restrictive rules: they are non-changeable and non-refundable.
Under the minor name correction policy, a passenger will have to pay nothing. This type of amendment is free of cost for visitors.
On the other hand, visitors will pay US$25 as the processing fee when they make major name corrections.
For domestic and international passengers, the name correction fee is US$200 and US$700, respectively.
American Airlines AAdvantage Name Change
You can handle changing your name two ways with your American Airlines AAdvantage membership. The first is online via this form and these steps:
- Topic: AAdvantage account service
- Subject: Name/Address change
- Enter your AAdvantage # or username, Last name (as it appears now on your membership), and password
You’ll be sent to a form where you can upload your marriage certificate and photo ID (passport or license) with your new name.
- Enter your AAdvantage # or username, Last name (as it appears now on your membership), and password
- If you don’t have your login information, you can also call AAdvantage customer service at 800-882-8880. They’ll send you an email that you can reply to with your marriage certificate and photo ID; your name change should appear in a matter of days.
Follow the below steps in order to know everything about the American airline name change policy in a very simple and easy way
- It’s a very easy procedure, usually where there are limited chances of name changes, although, with any escalation, big-name changes may be made to the ticket. But that’s almost always the case that that can only be achieved if the carrier issuing the ticket is the same one, you’re traveling on.
- In another way, if you have an AA ticket to American Airlines, it’s not hard to change your name.
- But if you have, say, an American AAdvantage ticket to fly with a member, you’re not going to be able to change your identity.
- So, you always want to make sure that the name on the visa fits the name on the ticket with the affiliate awards for foreign travel. Domestic travel stuff can be more convenient as you can sign in online and then clear protection without an ID by answering questions at the TSA checkpoint in the worst-case situation.
The following are the guidelines you need to follow while correcting your name on the American Airlines ticket:
- First, you will visit the company’s official website and head to the My Trips section available on the homepage.
- Hereafter, you need to enter your booking details in the respective field.
- After you entered your account, enter the last and first name in the given boxes.
- You can hit the ‘Find Reservation’ button to obtain the whole list.
- Among all, you will select a single flight for name corrections.
- Here, you can modify the name after paying the applicable for your ticket.
- Rules for Making Corrections in Passenger’s Name
Visitors can make corrections for minor spelling mistakes as per the relevant policy of AA. American Airlines allows you to modify a passenger’s surname wholly in legal conditions such as wedding or divorce. Similarly, passengers can amend their last name only after showing the proper documentation for the same.
Please contact American Airlines Sales Support for assistance with any questions regarding this updated name correction policy.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How should the passengername appear in the Passenger Name Field of the reservation and on the ticket?
The customer’s name that appears in the Name Field of the PNR, ticket and boarding pass, only requires the Last Name and First Name as it appears on the government ID that the passenger will use while traveling.If the customer has TSA Pre✓®, Global Entry, NEXIUS, or SENTRI card the name submitted on their airline reservation must be an exact match to the name they provided on their application. If they use a frequent flyer account or online travel profile, ensure that the name is properly saved.
- What if the customer’s identification contains a middle name?
The middle name would then be included in the Secure Flight Passenger Data (SFPD/DOCS) of the PNR.
- What is the difference between a Name Correction and a Name Change?
A name correction allows the agency to correct the name to match the TSA government required document(s) for miss-spelling, married/maiden/divorce names, legal names, secondary last name, inverted names, etc., and the SFPD DOB/Gender does not change from the original input for ticketing.
A name change from one person to another person is not permitted.
- Why is “R” inventory on AA Prime flights required to follow Major Name Correction guidelines?
“R” inventory does not allow Name Corrections in some markets. When a Name Correction is performed, Sabre programming may cancel the entire reservation, therefore a new PNR must be created.
- How do we change the gender from M/F to U for Undisclosed?
Contact Sales Support Center for assistance.
American Airlines Cancellation Policy Overview: American Airlines Cancellation Policy: When you book a reservation on American Airlines, you are entitled to a refund if your fare permits cancellations without penalty. If you cancel a reservation and you are not eligible for a refund, you can use the price of your ticket toward a new reservation…
American Airlines (AA) Missed Flight Policy The rule isn’t publicly documented and it can be hard for passengers to take advantage of it, but we do know a bit about how airlines handle missed flights. American Airlines has an internal, unpublished Late Arrival Standby Policy that says that passengers who arrive at the airport within…
Did you misspell the name when making the American Airlines Reservation? Whenever a passenger has misspelled his/her name on the American Airlines ticket, it can be corrected according to the AA name correction policy. If a passenger has booked a flight with American Airlines and has misspelled the name, it can easily be corrected. To make…
AUSTIN, Texas — On Thursday, American Airlines announced 14 new flights from Austin’s airport, including 10 new domestic and four new international destinations. American Airlines Reservations of 10 new domestic nonstops As customers continue to return to the skies, American Airlines will add three-times daily service to El Paso, Texas (ELP); twice-daily service to Cincinnati (CVG); Indianapolis (IND);…
American Airlines calls its rules the conditions of carriage. In general, when your flight is canceled or a delay will cause you to miss your connection, American will rebook you on the next flight with available seats. If you decide not to fly because your flight was delayed or canceled, American will refund the remaining…
Rules for American Airlines flight check-in You can make American Airlines Check-in online or using the mobile app starting 24 hours before and up to 45 minutes before departure of the first flight in your itinerary. This applies even if you have a connecting flight that’s more than a day away. Note that online and…
American Airlines Manage My Booking: Managing flight reservations can seem like a difficult task but it isn’t as many airlines provide their reservation management tool on their websites. However, when it comes to the largest airlines in the world i.e. American Airlines then managing bookings can become a lot easier. The Forth Worth-based airlines have…
How Do I Change my American Airlines flight date due to any specific reason? You can change your flight date online if your booking is eligible for a change. American Airlines offer simple options to change flight dates, including online, and you can easily use it. American Airlines Change Flight Date Policy Before you change…
Basic Info Airline: American Airlines Alliance: Oneworld Category: Legacy domestic and international airline Frequent Flyer Program: AAdvantage Tagline: “The World’s Greatest Flyers Fly American” and “Going for Great” About/Mission Statement: “American Airlines and American Eagle are dedicated to providing you with safe, dependable, friendly air transportation. They also provide numerous related services. Their goal is…
It is possible to transfer an American Airlines ticket yourself. If you are planning on making changes or rebooking your AA flight, it is important that you understand how to do this in order to avoid extra fees and make the most of your travel experience. Most passengers are allowed to transfer their tickets from…
In case you have canceled your flight booking on American Airlines and wonder how do I rebook a canceled flight American Airlines, don’t worry about it. As you can do that by going to the airline’s website. Aside from this, before rebooking a flight, you need to know some information and to help you with…
American Airline Ticket Hold Policies & Fees American Airlines allows you to hold a reservation within a 7-day period. However, there are two important factors to take into consideration regarding the time frame of your hold. First of all, they’re only offered on certain flights and you won’t know if the flight you want to…
Change Seat on American Airlines: Policy & Fee There are a few points to Change Seat on American Airlines will depend on two different criteria. 1) The class of service you purchased2) Your status with American Airlines. If you have no status with the airline: If you have purchased First or Business class tickets, you…
If you want to contact American Airlines Customer Service, you can call them at 800-433-7300 Toll-Free. You will be put in touch with a support representative. In addition, there are several other ways to contact the support team. How do I get a human at American Airlines Customer Service By phone After you…
Número de teléfono de American Airlines para reservas, nuevas reservas de vuelos, cambio de fecha, cancelación
Reservas, cancelaciones y otros números de teléfono de atención al cliente de American Airlines Números de reserva de AA: 1-800-433-7300 AA.com y asistencia para iniciar sesión: 1-800-222-2377 Tarjeta de crédito AA American Airlines: 1-800-733-2654 (para EE. UU., Canadá y Puerto Rico); 1-423-477-6512 (para otros países) AA Rental Cars, Hoteles y Actividades: 1-800-960-7163 Seguimiento de equipaje AA:…