Did you misspell the name when making the American Airlines Reservation? Whenever a passenger has misspelled his/her name on the American Airlines ticket, it can be corrected according to the AA name correction policy. If a passenger has booked a flight with American Airlines and has misspelled the name, it can easily be corrected. To make AA Name Corrections, the passenger must follow the American Airlines name change policy.
American Airlines Ticket Changes
This guide will mention to you the comprehensive procedure to help you in this regard. If you are traveling by one of the world’s largest air carriers, American Airlines, this is the page for you.
The largest airline in the U.S., American does not allow passengers to transfer a ticket to another person. However, the airline will let most passengers transfer their tickets to another flight prior to the departure time of their original flight. Depending on several factors such as the type of ticket—economy class, business class, or first class—or the customer’s specific needs, there may be restrictions and fees applied to your transferred ticket. Generally, American Airlines will charge you some type of fee to change your ticket in any way.
Inserting an incorrect name is one of the most common mistakes by passengers. American Airlines follows a particular policy to revise the error. In the following chapter, we will go through the detailed process of correcting the passengers’ names with American Airlines.
Here are the ways on how to change the name on American Airlines Ticket:
- Click on the “My Reservations” tab on the American Airlines homepage.
- Login with your correct Email Id and password and select other fields.
- Select flight manages to book and click on the American Airlines Reservations, Check the box to the left of the reservation you want to change. Click the “Change Flights” button. If this button is missing or greyed out, your flight is not eligible for online changes; you must contact the American Airlines reservations desk by phone.
- Now select flight change and enter the new name and select the edit button to apply simply.
- Having changed your name, you can press the save button at the end of the task easily.
American Airlines Name Change/Corrections at Airport
Speak with any American Airlines representative at an airport counter if you are already at the airport. They can give you a list of options for flights to your destination leaving within the next 12 hours. A change fee applies, which you can pay directly to the representative. Ask for a new boarding pass if she does not offer you one.
American Airlines Name Change/Corrections by Phone
Call American Airlines Booking Number at 800-433-7300 or (806) 853-55-67(US & Canada), (800-633-3711 for Spanish assistance) to change your reservation with a representative over the phone. A change fee applies. Your new flight’s scheduled departure must be within one to 12 hours of the time you call.
American Airlines Self-service kiosk
Use a self-service kiosk to change your flight if you are already at the airport. Swipe a credit card or personal identification, such as your passport, to activate the kiosk and locate your reservation. Follow the on-screen instructions to change to a different flight if one is available. A change fee applies, which you can pay via credit card directly at the kiosk. Print a new boarding pass from the machine.
How do I change a misspelled name on an American Airlines ticket?
Simply call the airline and politely ask to correct a minor spelling mistake. Virtually all airlines stipulate that single-character spelling corrections can be done free of charge. Be sure to note the passenger is the same, there was just a simple error.
- Login online using your Passenger Name Record (PNR) and make amendments to the departure information.
- Call the American Airlines call center and advise of the corrections to be made. The telephone numbers can be found using this link.
How much does American Airlines charge to change name on ticket?
American Airlines Name Correction Fee
On applicable tickets, American Airlines is allowing a no-cost name change. Airlines don’t usually allow complimentary name changes. Instead, they charge a hefty fee. This type of amendment is free of cost for visitors. On the other hand, visitors will pay US$25 as the processing fee when they make major name corrections. For domestic and international passengers, the name correction fee is US$200 and US$700, respectively.
How to Transfer a Ticket to American Airlines?
American Airlines allows most passengers to transfer their tickets from one flight to another prior to departure. Restrictions and fees depend on the fare class booked, the reason for the change, the availability of alternate flights, and even the customer’s specific needs. It is important to note that American Airlines typically will not allow passengers to transfer a ticket to another person, especially amid an era of tighter security. In most cases, you will have to pay a fee to change your ticket in any way.
Can I Change Name or Transfer a Ticket to Another Person?
American Airlines usually will not allow you to transfer a ticket booked in your name to another person. However, if you cancel your ticket (which will incur a fee of about $150 depending on the fare class originally booked), you will receive a credit, which you can use to book a new ticket in the name of the new passenger. Call the airline at (806) 853-55-67 (800-633-3711 for Spanish assistance) or go to refunds.aa.com and follow the instructions to cancel your ticket and book the new one. If you book the new ticket over the phone, you may have to pay an additional fee of $20 or more. Tickets booked in cheaper fare classes will typically incur a fee for changes or cancellations.
Change a Name on an American Airline Ticket Due to Marriage?
- Generally, airline ticket name changes or transfers to another person are not permitted. But what about in the case of a legal name change?
- If you filed for a new passport in your maiden’s name to travel for your honeymoon, you have 12 months from your wedding date to file for a free passport in your new name! Think of it as a wedding gift from the State Department.
- Most airlines will not update a name on a ticket and will charge full fare for a new ticket in a different name. If you are concerned that your spouse will make a mistake with your name and travel plans, opt for travel insurance.
- The TSA will not accept a marriage certificate as a form of identification. So, bring your driver’s license or passport when you fly.
- Book your honeymoon travel in your maiden’s name. It will take two weeks for your marriage certificate to be issued after your wedding, so you will be traveling with identification in your married name.
- Should you have a flight booked in your married name, you can use your ticket as proof to expedite the processing of your passport at a regional passport center in one day.
What is the difference between a Name Correction and a Name Changes?
A name correction allows the agency to correct the name to match the TSA government-required document(s) for miss-spelling, married/maiden/divorce names, legal names, secondary last name, inverted names, etc., and the SFPD DOB/Gender does not change from the original input for ticketing.
A name change from one person to another person is not permitted.
Can I change my basic economy ticket American Airlines?
A refundable ticket allows you to change or cancel your flight without a fee. A non-refundable ticket may cost less, but if you need to make changes you’ll be charged a change fee and any difference in fare. If you buy a Basic Economy fare, changes are not allowed.
Ticket Name Corrections on American Airlines Ticket
Name Correction policy stems from the document of the same name. In general, American Airlines offers flexibility for Minor and Major name corrections for wholly unused tickets.
Reasons that a name change may be required include If the customer has TSA Pre✓, Global Entry, NEXIUS, or SENTRI card and the name submitted on their airline reservation does not have an exact match.
Minor name corrections on American Airlines Ticket
A Minor Name correction applies to itineraries that consist of American Airlines and American Eagle flights only and may be corrected in the same PNR (Passenger Name Record). Itineraries ticketed in “R” inventory must follow Major Name Correction Guidelines.
Major name corrections on American Airlines Ticket
A Major Name Correction applies to itineraries ticketed in “R” inventory, codeshare flight segments on AA/Oneworld codeshares or non-Oneworld carriers and requires a new PNR as a name correction cannot be made within the same PNR due to software limitations.
American Airlines Name Change/Correction Fee
Like other airline service providers, American Airlines also charges passengers some fees against name corrections.
Through June 30, 2021, American is waiving change fees for flights originating outside of North and South America. After that, it isn’t clear how much it will charge, but pre-COVID the fees ranged as high as $750 for international flights.
The new policies also apply to award ticket bookings. For any ticket changes, you will need to pay the difference in fare. If the new fare is lower, the difference will be issued as a travel credit. Basic economy fares on all routes are still subject to restrictive rules: they are non-changeable and non-refundable.
Under the minor name correction policy, a passenger will have to pay nothing. This type of amendment is free of cost for visitors.
On the other hand, visitors will pay US$25 as the processing fee when they make major name corrections.
For domestic and international passengers, the name correction fee is US$200 and US$700, respectively.
American Airlines AAdvantage Name Change
You can handle changing your name two ways with your American Airlines AAdvantage membership. The first is online via this form and these steps:
- Topic: AAdvantage account service
- Subject: Name/Address change
- Enter your AAdvantage # or username, Last name (as it appears now on your membership), and password
You’ll be sent to a form where you can upload your marriage certificate and photo ID (passport or license) with your new name.
- If you don’t have your login information, you can also call AAdvantage customer service at 800-882-8880. They’ll send you an email that you can reply to with your marriage certificate and photo ID; your name change should appear in a matter of days.
Follow the below steps in order to know everything about the American airline name change policy in a very simple and easy way
- It’s a very easy procedure, usually where there are limited chances of name changes, although, with any escalation, big-name changes may be made to the ticket. But that’s almost always the case that that can only be achieved if the carrier issuing the ticket is the same one, you’re traveling on.
- In another way, if you have an AA ticket to American Airlines, it’s not hard to change your name.
- But if you have, say, an American AAdvantage ticket to fly with a member, you’re not going to be able to change your identity.
- So, you always want to make sure that the name on the visa fits the name on the ticket with the affiliate awards for foreign travel. Domestic travel stuff can be more convenient as you can sign in online and then clear protection without an ID by answering questions at the TSA checkpoint in the worst-case situation.
The following are the guidelines you need to follow while correcting your name on the American Airlines ticket:
- First, you will visit the company’s official website and head to the My Trips section available on the homepage.
- Hereafter, you need to enter your booking details in the respective field.
- After you entered your account, enter the last and first name in the given boxes.
- You can hit the ‘Find Reservation’ button to obtain the whole list.
- Among all, you will select a single flight for name corrections.
- Here, you can modify the name after paying the applicable for your ticket.
- Rules for Making Corrections in Passenger’s Name
Visitors can make corrections for minor spelling mistakes as per the relevant policy of AA. American Airlines allows you to modify a passenger’s surname wholly in legal conditions such as wedding or divorce. Similarly, passengers can amend their last name only after showing the proper documentation for the same.
Please contact American Airlines Sales Support for assistance with any questions regarding this updated name correction policy.
Rules for American Airlines flight check-in You can make American Airlines Check-in online or using the mobile app starting 24 hours before and up to 45 minutes before departure of the first flight in your itinerary. This applies even if you have a connecting flight that’s more than a day away. Note that online and…
American Airlines Cancellation Policy Overview: American Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy: When you book a reservation on American Airlines, you are entitled to a refund if your fare permits cancellations without penalty. If you cancel a reservation and you are not eligible for a refund, you can use the price of your ticket toward a new…
American Airlines calls its rules the conditions of carriage. In general, when your flight is canceled or a delay will cause you to miss your connection, American will rebook you on the next flight with available seats. If you decide not to fly because your flight was delayed or canceled, American will refund the remaining…
How to Change a Flight with American Airlines American Airlines Same day change -when the agent confirms your change onto another flight. In most cases, you no longer have a reservation for your original flight.American Airlines Standby Policy – when there isn’t availability to confirm a change. Instead, your request is placed in a queue
American Airlines: All About Name Change or Name Correction Restrictions American Airlines Name Change/Correction Policy – This guide will mention to you the comprehensive procedure to help you in this regard. If you are traveling by one of the world’s largest air carriers, American Airlines, this is the page for you.
American Airlines (AA) Missed Flight Policy The rule isn’t publicly documented and it can be hard for passengers to take advantage of it, but we do know a bit about how airlines handle missed flights. American Airlines has an internal, unpublished Late Arrival Standby Policy that says that passengers who arrive at the airport within…