If you are planning to travel via British Airways, then look at the various types of fees mentioned below for making changes in the ticket, seat selection, traveling with pets, extra baggage, etc. We have tried to cover every possible point for you.
British Airways Change flight
Do you know that British Airways flights can be changed as desired if you are ready to pay a certain fee? Many times, passengers try to change their flight date or time due to unforeseen situations. Travelers booking their tickets through British Airlines should stick to the guidelines mentioned in their policies. Look at changing flight fees before booking your tickets with British Airways.
British Airways change flight fees.
The price of changing British Airlines depends on the type of fare the passenger chooses. Below we have listed the fare of changing a British Airlines flight:
- British Airways charges at least $25, which can raise up to $125.
- The airlines can be seen using a renowned global fee calculator to calculate the changing flight charges.
Suppose you have already made your reservation and want to change your itinerary. In that case, the fees you tend to pay will always depend on whether you have paid the ticket in Cash or British Airways currency, i.e Avios.
Tickets booked with Avios:
If you want to redeem the respective Avios for the flight on a call, you must pay $25 as a service fee. If you are looking forward to changing or canceling any of your award flights and getting your Avios in your account, the fees will be $55 in addition to the $25 service fee. The fees mentioned are applicable for the flights starting from the U.S. If any traveler has a Gold Status in British Airways, he does not need to pay anything for changing his award flights.
Change fees for the tickets paid in Cash:
The traveler had to pay a service fee if they wanted to change their booking, cancel flight, or even buy new tickets. The service fees can vary according to the cabin classes, local laws and fare price.
British Airways Same-Day Flight Change Fees:
As per British Airways, the flight change policy for the same day is listed below:
- Travelers are not charged for same-day changes, especially for domestic flights.
- For international flights, same-day change fees will depend upon the fare type and travel class.
- To make any changes for the same, a minimum of one hour of notice is required to execute the changes.
- Also, free same-day flight changes are never allowed for the itineraries comprising connecting flights.
- Same-day changes are permitted for the flight going through the same route and flying between the same airports as per the previous booking.
- Remember, if you have already checked in for your flight, then same-day flight changes cannot be made.
- If there are any fare differences, then they will surely be applied.
British Airways Cancellation Fees
If you cancel more than 28 days before travel you will lose your deposit, if more than 72 hours before travel and up to 28 days before travel you will lose 60% of the total package price. If canceling within 72 hours of travel, you will lose 100% of the booking value.
If you have booked directly with British Airways and you notice a mistake with your booking after you have paid for your ticket(s), you can cancel your flight booking and claim a full refund without penalty, up to 24 hours from when you make the original booking.
The cancellation charges applied by British Airways are listed below:
- If the traveler is applying online, then there are no cancellation fees
- If the traveler cancels his flight by calling British Airlines customer care, the charges are $25.
- If the traveler chooses to cancel the fees at the airport, then the charge for the same is $35.
- Remember, the cancellation fees for the non-refundable tickets are $10 (online) and $25 (phone), and $35 at the airport.
British Airways Baggage Fees
The size and the number of bags the travelers can bring onboard with British Airways depends entirely on the ticket class they are flying. Let’s have a look at the various ticket types:
- Basic Economy: If you have booked a basic economy ticket, you cannot check in your baggage free of cost.
- Standard Economy: If you have booked a ticket with Standard Economy, the airline allows you to carry one bag.
- Premium Economy: For the premium economy ticket, the passengers can book a maximum of two free checked bags.
- Business Class: It’s a privilege to travel in business class as you can take up about two heavy bags weighing approx 32 kgs each with you.
- First Class: Travelers booking their first-class tickets can have three bags weighing 32 kg.
Weight and Size limit for bags
The weight and size restrictions for the bags while traveling with British Airways are mentioned below:
The laptop and handbags traveling with the passenger can weigh up to 51 pounds or 23 kg. For measurement, they can be 40 centimeters x 30 centimeters x 15 centimeters or 16 inches by 12 inches by 6 inches.
If we are talking about carry-on luggage or cabin bags, their weight can range from 23 kgs or 51 pounds, and the size measurements can go up to 56 centimeters x 45 centimeters x 25 centimeters or 22 inches by 18 inches by 10 inches.
Baggage rules for Elite programs:
The frequent flyer program for British Airways, the Executive Club, offers four levels of status i.e. Gold, Silver, Bronze and Blue. For silver members, two bags can be checked in free of cost weighing 70.5 pounds each for economy tickets. The Gold members are allowed with a bag while booking any class ticket other than the basic economy for the bags weighing 70.5 pounds.
Charges for Extra Baggage:
If you want to check in extra luggage, you must pay an extra price via their online platform or at the airport. Do know it will cost you much more. Online, you need to pay $90 for the second bag, and if you have a third and fourth bag, airlines will charge $170 each for them.
If you have extra luggage, the best thing is to try booking the next higher cabin service. It is quite possible that if you choose to upgrade your booking, you will get more bag allowance as well, and you will end up paying a much lesser amount than the extra bag fees.
Traveling with medical equipment, strollers and various other gadgets:
If you are choosing to travel with your children, then you can carry any of the two items listed below:
- Baby back carrier
- Travel cot
- Booster set or Car seat
- Collapsible stroller
British Airways do not consider any weight requirements or even charge additional fees for traveling with medical equipment. It is inclusive of wheelchairs and various other equipment that can help with mobility. To seek approval from the airlines, you need to have a prescription letter from the doctor in case you like to travel along with your medical supplies like injections, liquid or any heavy equipment.
British Airline Pet Fees:
British Airways’ pet policy allows pets to travel in the cargo hold section of the airplane as cargo baggage. They never allow pets to travel in the cabin with the passengers except if they are recognized assistance dogs. Pets are never allowed to travel in the baggage section of the aircraft. The price of transporting the pet depends on the pet’s weight, size and the countries they are traveling to. Usually, it lies between $200-$1000 per pet.
British Airways Seat Selection Fees:
While traveling through British Airlines, travelers are often asked to select their preferable seat. For the same, they had to follow certain specified guidelines. The details are mentioned below for British Airways’ seat selection policy:
- The seat selection with British Airways depends upon its availability, and if they are available, you can select them at your convenience.
- The seats booked besides the basic fares on British Airlines can be picked or changed anytime.
- The basic fare candidates can choose seats while booking until the check-in time is open. And once the seats are allocated by the airlines, the travelers are not allowed to make any changes.
- If you change your seats and find the new fare a bit lower, the airline will not offer any refund. But if the new fare is high as compared to the previous one, then the traveler had to pay the difference.
What is British Airways Flight Rescheduling Policy?
You can change your booking up to 14 days before travel for a fee of $130 or, if within 14 days of travel, a fee of $650. If you amend your vacation to one that’s more expensive, you will need to pay the difference. If you amend your vacation to one that’s cheaper, we’ll refund the difference.
How do I change my flight booking on British Airways?
How to Change your Flight Booking with British Airways. STEP 1: Go to Manage My Booking. STEP 2: Log in to your booking by typing the Booking Reference and Last Name of the passenger. STEP 3: Select the flight and click “Change/Cancel Booking.”
Leave a Reply