Most airlines allow for minor name corrections due to misspelling of a character or two, but the cheapest tickets do not allow for name changes under any circumstances – it’s not calloused but simply applying the terms and conditions you agreed.
British Airways Doesn’t allow Transferring your ticket to another passenger but you can cancel and get a full refund up to 24 hours after booking. You can also make a simple British Airways Name Correction (for example to correct a typo) over the phone – but BA may charge you any change in taxes, fees, and carrier-imposed charges or fuel surcharges that have occurred since the original booking was made.
It depends on the fare level when you bought the ticket and also on the route, long haul or short-haul. It can sometimes depend on what the competition is doing too. Fare rules vary a lot. Some are totally non-changeable, non-refundable, some will let you pay a change fee plus any fare and tax difference.
For instance, if the change fee is £125 plus any standard admin fee the agent may charges typically around £25 but if it isn’t available at the same fare level, you go to the next one available. If that is £60 higher and the tax has gone up a little, you would then pay something like £213. If, however, the fare is less, you don’t benefit from that, unfortunately.
It might be worthwhile calling BA again as sometimes that works if you get a different agent but it’s a long shot – an expensive lesson to learn to check and double-check all the details before pressing the buy button.
Table of Contents
British Airways Flight Online Change
- Visit the British Airways official website.
- After visiting the website, search for the manage option.
- Now click on the “Manage” button to access the different available options.
- Enter the last name and booking reference as per the original ticket and click on the button of “Find my booking”.
- Apart from this, business and executive class ticket holders have to log in to their account with British Airways.
- Now the reservation details will be fetched and you will be provided with the flight change option if your ticket is eligible for the same.
- Select the option of the flight change and follow the further process.
- Now enter all the new details for the reservation.
- The website will provide you with all available options according to your new details and you can select the most appropriate one for yourself.
- After selecting the new reservation, pay the change fees and fare difference in flights.
- In the end, make sure to get the new reservation confirmation through the mail.
How to Change Your British Airways Flight
- Changing your flight with British Airways is as simple as contacting the airline via phone or online.
- British Airways usually logs every flight booking into its online flight management system referred to as the “Manage My Booking” portal.
- To change your flight, the first thing that you need to do is find your printed ticket or confirmation email and note down your booking reference number.
- Once you have done this, proceed and log into your account, and head to the “Manage My Booking” page.
- The page may take a few seconds to load. Enter your correct booking reference number there and the last name on your ticket to start making changes to your flight booking.
How much does it cost to change a flight British Airways?
There can be no standard change fee for the flight change service as it totally depends on the purchased ticket/fare type. Passenger can even cancel British Airways ticket within 24-hours of the original purchase without any cancellation/change fee if the ticket is purchased directly through the British Airways.
British Airways Change and Cancellation Rules
The general rule does not apply cancellations any time ticket is non-refundable. Note – waived for the death of a passenger and passenger/s traveling companions.
When combining a refundable fare with a non-refundable fare
- The amount paid on the refundable fare component is refunded less any applicable penalty 2. The amount paid on the non-refundable fare component will not be refunded.
- Refund of unused taxes fees and charges paid to third parties permitted. Fuel and insurance surcharges will not be refunded changes any time charge euro 180.00 for reissue/revalidation.
- Charge applies per transaction – per person for adult child and infant with seat. Infants without a seat – no charge.
- A change is a date/flight/routing/booking code change. New reservation and reissue/ revalidation must be made on the same day.
- Reissue must be made the same day as a change of reservation but no later than the departure time of the originally scheduled flight being changed. Otherwise, the ticket will only be valid for a refund if applicable.
- When more than one fare component is changed the highest penalty of all changed fare components within the journey applies.
British Airways Ticket Change pricing conditions.
- Before the departure of the journey when the first fare component is changed the itinerary must be re-priced using current fares in effect on the date the ticket is reissued.
- Before the departure of the journey when changes are to booking code only in the first fare component and result in a higher fare the itinerary must be re-priced using historical fares in effect on the previous ticketing date or using current fares in effect on the date the ticket is reissued – whichever is lower.
- Before the departure of the journey when there are no changes to the first fare component but other fare components are changed the itinerary must be re-priced using historical fares in effect on the previous ticketing date or using current fares in effect on the date the ticket is reissued-whichever is lower.
- After the departure of the journey, the itinerary must be re-priced using historical fares in effect on the previous ticketing date.
- If the same booking class is used new fare may be lower – equal or higher than the previous and must comply with all provisions of the new fare being applied.
- If a different booking class is used new fare may be equal to or higher than the previous and must comply with all provisions of the new fare is applied.
When the itinerary results in a higher fare the difference will be collected and the above change fee applies. When the new itinerary results in a lower fare the change fee applies and no credit of the residual amount will be made.