Emirates Cancellation Policy: Cancelling an Emirates flight ticket booking
Emirates Airlines Phone Number and Emails
Emirates Customer Service
- Phone: +971 600 555 555 or (888) 502-1481 (UAE)
- Phone: (888) 502-1481 (US)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (UAE)
- Email: email@example.com (US)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (UK)
Emirates Cancellation Policy?
According to Emirates Cancellation Policy, the cancellation request would be applied per passenger rather than per booking. In addition, Emirates Flight cancellation would be applied in accordance with the mode of booking. For instance, if the ticket has been purchased at the counter, then Emirates Flight cancellation would be initiated at the departure airport only.
The cancellation policy for Emirates Airlines is as follows:
Reservations can be cancelled up to 24 hours before your departure date. If you cancel your booking in this time frame, there will be no cancellation fee. If the booking is cancelled within 24 hours of departure, the following charges apply:
- Cancellation made on the day of departure – 100% of the ticket price
- Cancellation made within 24 hours of departure – 100% of the ticket price plus any applicable service fees
The following cancellation policy applies to all Emirates flights, except for those operated by their partner airlines.
- Passengers must cancel their booking before the ticketed flight departure time.
- If you have purchased an Emirates Ticket and you wish to cancel this reservation, please follow the instructions below:
- All Emirates tickets are non-refundable unless otherwise stipulated by law. Tickets cannot be cancelled or amended once issued.
- If you wish to change or cancel your flight reservation, please contact our contact center via email or telephone. You will be required to provide your booking reference number (PNR) and full name as it appears on your booking record (for example last name, first name).
- If you need to make changes to your itinerary after booking, please contact our Contact Center at least 24 hours before your flight departs. If you need to make changes while en route to/from Dubai International Airport Terminal 1, please visit our Contact Centre at Gate E1 – Arrivals Hall on Level 0 of Terminal 1 during operating hours.
- If you are travelling with children under the age of two years old and require a seat for them, please book an infant fare ticket in advance of travel. Infant fares are available on all classes of travel except Business Class and First Class.
Emirates Ticket 24 Hours Cancellation
You can cancel the Emirates flight within 24 hours and claim a full refund on your booking value, provided that the cancellation request must be made beyond seven days of travel departure from the original date of booking. Here are the important points to consider from Emirates Airlines 24 hours Cancellation Policy –
- Emirates flight cancellation within 24 hours would be applicable on all fare types, and the class of service booked.
- Emirates cancel within 24 hours rule is only applicable on flights to and from operating from the United States and Canada.
- All the reward tickets are not entitled under the Emirates Flight cancellation policy 24 hours rule.
- Group travel is not covered under the Emirates cancel booking 24 hours rule and is subject to the group fare rule only.
- Emirates cancel ticket refund under the 24-hour rule would be processed back to the original form of payment and the refund of the fare value would be reflected into the passenger’s account in 7-10 business days.
Emirates Cancellation Policy for Special Fares (Business, Economy)
If you have booked an Emirates special fare, you must pay the cancellation fee as follows:
• Within 24 hours of booking: 100% of the ticket price.
• Within 7 days of booking: 50% of the ticket price.
• After 7 days and up to 24 hours before departure: 25% of the ticket price.
If you cancel your reservation after it has been confirmed and within 24 hours before departure, Emirates will not issue a refund.
If you book a Special Fare and cancel your trip, Emirates will charge the following cancellation fee:
- In case of a flight cancellation or delay by the airline (e.g. due to weather conditions), no fee will be charged if the cancellation is made before midnight on the day before departure.
- If you cancel your ticket after midnight on the day before departure but before 2 hours after check-in time on that day, Emirates will charge $100 per person as a cancellation fee.
- In case of late check-in or no show, Emirates will charge $100 per person as cancellation fee
Emirates Cancellation Policy for Saver Fare (Business, Economy)
Saver fare are non-changeable and non-refundable fares. The cancellation fee is the difference between the fare paid and the highest applicable fare for the ticketed journey, as well as any additional taxes that may be levied. If a change is made to a saver fare ticket prior to departure, Emirates will charge a change fee of USD 100 or 25% of the original value of your ticket (whichever is higher).
Emirates Cancellation Policy for Economy Flex, Business Flex, First Class Flex Fares
If you need to cancel your Emirates Economy Flex, Business Flex, or First Class Flex fare, the following terms will apply.
Economy Flex, Business Flex, and First Class Flex fares are non-refundable. This means that you cannot get a refund on any part of the ticket if you cancel. If you are unable to travel on your booked flight and wish to cancel your booking before departure, there will be no change fee applied but a cancellation fee of USD100 per person will be applicable
The following cancellation policies apply to Emirates Economy Flex, Business Flex and First Class Flex Tickets:
- Economy Flex: Cancellation fee of $100 USD per ticket.
- Business Flex: Cancellation fee of $250 USD per ticket.
- First Class Flex: Cancellation fee of $350 USD per ticket.
Emirates Cancellation Fee
As per Emirates cancellation policy, depending on the fare types and the travel route, a 200 USD cancellation fee for emirates flights would be assessed in order to request the Emirates flight cancellation. Here’s everything you need to know about the air ticket cancellation penalty for Emirates
For Refundable Emirates Tickets
In the case of refundable tickets, the passenger can apply for the full amount refund. Also, Emirate’s flight ticket cancellation charges apply to each booking. So, if a group is traveling together and there is a cancellation each member of the group has to pay the Emirates ticket cancellation penalty. If you book an Emirates flight online, you can cancel it online as well and it is very convenient and easy but you still have the option of canceling it over the phone by calling the airline’s customer care. The refund is processed automatically if you cancel a flight online.
For Non-Refundable Emirates Tickets
In case your ticket is nonrefundable the entire cost will be converted into points that can be redeemed at the time of booking the next flight within a period of one year.
Emirates Flight Cancellation fee for Saver Fare (Business, Economy)
According to Emirates cancellation policy, Saver fares (costlier than Special fares) can be canceled for a fee. The Emirates cancellation fee for international flights departing from the United States is:
USD 300 for Economy Saver fares.
USD 400 for Business Saver fares.
Emirates Flight Cancellation fee for Economy Flex, Business Flex, First Class Flex Fares
According to Emirates cancellation policy, Flex fares (costlier) can also be changed or cancelled for a fee. The Emirates cancellation fee for an international flight that departs from the United States is:
- For Economy Flex fares—USD 200.
- For Business Flex fares:
- USD 400 if you cancel before departure.
- USD 1,000 if you cancel after departure.
- For First Flex fares—USD 400.
- Emirates Flight Cancellation Charges—Economy Flex Plus, Business Flex Plus, First Flex Plus Fares
- Flex Plus fares, available across all travel classes, are costlier but most flexible. According to Emirates cancellation policy, Flex Plus fares can be cancelled and refunded free of charge across all classes.
Emirates flight cancelled due to bad weather, how to rebook
If your Emirates flight has been cancelled due to bad weather, you may be able to reschedule your trip.
Emirates has announced that it will waive fees for passengers who need to rebook their flights. The airline is recommending that passengers check-in as normal and then rebook their flights online as soon as possible. If you’re unable to do this yourself, you can contact Emirates’ customer service team for assistance.
If you’re booked on an Emirates flight that’s due to leave within the next 24 hours and has been cancelled due to bad weather, then the airline will provide accommodation at a local hotel if necessary
The airline will also refund any unused tickets within 30 days of cancellation and provide a refund on fees paid for checked baggage if the bag was left behind at the airport when the flight was cancelled.
If your Emirates flight has been cancelled due to bad weather, you can rebook using the following steps:
- Log on to your account at emirates.com
- Click “Manage Bookings” and enter the relevant details of your flight
- Choose “Replace my existing booking” from the drop-down menu
- Fill out the new booking form and submit it
Guidelines of Emirates Airlines flight Cancellation Policy
The passenger willing to cancel their flight with Emirates needs to follow the guidelines of the cancellation policy that including the following:
- This policy is applicable to the flights booked online or via the reservation department. The traveler can submit the cancellation request within one day of purchase. Tickets cancellation outside the 24-hour slab is charged with a cancellation fee.
- And as per the recent update, the traveler is provided with a waiver and options to manage the booking. All Emirates reservations are not eligible for a refund. So, the traveler can confirm the refund eligibility.
- Thus, these are the guidelines of Emirates Cancellation policy that one needs to abide by before cancelling their bookings with Emirates. Besides, if the traveler has more queries or has doubts regarding the procedure, they can reach out to the airline reservation department for assistance.
Cancel Emirates Flights Online
Cancellation of Emirates flight tickets online can be requested via the ‘Manage your Booking’ tab on the airline portal, using the name and the flight reference number to retrieve your booking. Here’s what you need to know about Emirate Airlines flight cancellation procedure online –
- Once the reservation is retrieved, click on the flight segment that needs to be cancelled. Click on the ‘Cancel my flight’ tab.
- You would be redirected to the next page where you review the Emirates cancellation fee along with other additional charges associated with it.
- Click the checkbox to agree with Emirate’s cancellation policy, in order to proceed with the cancellation.
- If you agree with the Emirates Airlines cancellation refund, click on the ‘Confirm’ button to proceed with the cancellation.
- Once the Emirates flight cancellation is processed, passengers will get the refund back in the original form of payment in 7-10 business days.
- Passengers will also get the Emirates cancellation confirmation email on their registered email address.
Emirates Flight Cancellation Contact Number
You can cancel an Emirates flight ticket over the phone by dialing the Emirates cancellation number at (888) 502-1481. You can ask one of the agents to cancel Emirates booking in adherence to the Emirates ticket cancellation policy. All you need to do is –
Provide the six-digit booking reference to the agent, and ask the agent to cancel the reservation.
Ask the agent to cancel the reservation. Do check the Emirates cancellation and refund policy associated with the booking.
The Check Emirates cancel flight refund policy, once you agree, ask the agent to cancel the booking.
Once the Emirates flight cancellation is processed, passengers will get the refund back in the original form of payment in 7-10 business days.
Passengers will also get the Emirates cancellation confirmation email on their registered email address.
Emirates Flight Cancellation at the Airport
You can cancel the flight from the departure airport at least two hours prior to the scheduled departure for the flight within the Middle East, and three hours prior to the international reservation. All you need to do –
Head to the Emirates flight cancellation counter at the airport.
Ask one of the agents to cancel the flight at the airport. Check if your flight booking is refundable or not, and ask for the cancellation and refund option. In case of refundable fare, you will get the refund which would be processed in the original form of payment.
Emirates Change Flight Date: Online you can make changes to your Emirates flight booking by calling reservations team or logging into your account on the Emirates website. You will be able to make changes and amendments to your ticket within 24 hours prior to departure.
According to Emirates Flight cancellation policy, the cancellation request would be applied per passenger rather than per booking. In addition, Emirates Flight cancellation would be applied in accordance with the mode of booking. For instance, if the ticket has been purchased at the counter, then Emirates Flight cancellation would be initiated at the departure airport only.