You can change or cancel your American Airlines flight reservations online, using the American Airlines app, or by calling their customer service.
You can cancel many flights within 24 hours of booking without paying a fee. If you’re canceling outside of 24 hours, you might be eligible for a refund if you purchased a non-refundable ticket.
If you’re changing your flight instead of canceling it, you might have to pay a fee. American Airlines also charges a fare difference if the new ticket is more expensive than the one you originally booked.
Call American Airlines helpline number:
Call American Airlines to change your reservation with a representative over the phone.
Talk to a real person and get a human at American Airlines:
- To contact American Airlines, you can dial (877) 541-2169 (US & Canada), or (800) AMERICANAIRLINES 633-3711 for Spanish assistance) if you want to speak with an agent
- If you require assistance with your current reservation-related inquiry, please press 1.
- content: If you would like to make a new reservation, press 2
- Afterward, press 3 to ask for assistance regarding luggage or check-in service for flights.
- Now you can press the 7 to reach an American Airlines representative who can help you directly.
American Airlines Voice Menu
- Say “Flight status”, “Reservations”, “Ticketing” etc.
Chat with the live agents:
Live chat is the quickest way to connect to the support team of American Airlines or how do I talk to a live person at American Airlines.
You can chat with the live agents of this airline to get their help. To opt for this method, you need to go to the official website and then you can write down the query in the chatbox. They will come online as soon as they read your message. This is the quickest method by which you can get the help of live agents. They will be available round the clock for the passengers. you can now call them anytime to get the best aid from them.
Use email service:
American Airlines accepts the emails that you use to send your queries through this platform ingeniously. Email service is the easiest way to connect to the support team of American Airlines using its email ID to send emails to the clients and it can be used when you are unable to reach them via phone call.
Use social media services:
If you want to share your important queries with a live person, you can utilize Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Facebook and get the appropriate solution at the same platform instantly, and thus, you can get through to American Airlines customer service comfortably.
This is the answer to the question, “How do I get through to American Airlines?” We hope that you have understood the methods of connecting with the live agents.
Can I text American Airlines?
To get help, you can contact us at any time from your mobile phone by sending a text message with the word “HELP” to (447950080989). … You agree to provide American Airlines with a valid mobile number. You agree that we may send you text messages through your wireless provider.
If you need to cancel or change a flight that you booked through American Airlines, there are two ways to do so: by making changes to your reservation online or calling the airline’s customer service hotline at 1-800-433-7300.
How to make changes or cancellations to an American Airlines flight online
If you need to make changes or cancellations to your American Airlines flight online, you can do so through your account.
- To make changes or cancellations, go to aa.com/passenger and sign in with your email address and password.
- Once you’re logged in, select “Manage My Flights” from the menu at the top of the page.
- On this page, you’ll see all of your upcoming flights listed by date. Select the one that you want to change or cancel and then click “Edit” under “My Flight Information.”
- You’ll be taken to a page where you can change anything related to your flight: origin airport, destination airport, dates and times of travel, etc.
According to American Airlines’ website, here are some things to consider when canceling or changing your booking:
- If your ticket was purchased at least one week (168 hours) prior to your flight’s departure, you may make changes at no cost within 24 hours of reservation.
- If your ticket was purchased less than 7 days (168 hours) prior to your flight’s departure, you may make changes without penalty fees up until midnight on the first day after purchase.
- AAdvantage award tickets have no fees when cancelled or changed within 24 hours as long as travel is not within 72 hours of departure. For AAdvantage award tickets cancelled within 72 hours of departure, a $150 fee per passenger applies.
- For the most part, you can change or cancel your American Airlines flight before departure without paying a fee.
- The only exception is for Basic Economy fares, which are very restrictive and non-refundable.
- You must cancel your Basic Economy ticket within 24 hours of booking to get a full refund. Otherwise, you will not be eligible for a refund or any credit towards future travel.
- You may still change or cancel your reservation after the 24-hour window has passed, but you will have to pay a fee: $200 for domestic flights and $750 for international flights.
- If you must cancel or change your flight after this 24-hour window, there are many tips that can help you avoid the hefty fees listed above
American Airlines Flight Change policy
The American Airlines Flight Change policy is the most satisfying change policy. The customer can change their ticket at any time without any hassle or cause.
American Airlines has been a pioneer in the aviation industry since its inception and has set many records in its flight operations. It also offers better services to its customers, such as flight changes.
If you have booked your tickets and want to change your flight date or time, you can do so by following the American Airlines Flight Change policy, which is listed below.
American Airlines normally allows you to change your flight at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure. The change fee may vary depending on your destination and type of ticket.
American Airlines Flight Change Policy & Fee for U.S. Domestic Flights:
Non-refundable fares (Basic Economy): No changes are allowed except if you purchased a refundable fare with Main Cabin Extra or Premium seats.
Refundable fares (Main Cabin and First Class): American will waive the change fee but you need to pay the difference between the original fare and the new fare.
Award tickets: If you booked an award ticket using AAdvantage miles, you can make changes without a fee as long as you pay any difference in the fare. You need to call AAdvantage Reservations at 1-800-882-8880 for changes.
Unaccompanied Minors: American charges a $150 service fee each way for changing an unaccompanied minor’s reservation compared to the $75 if booked at least seven days in advance of travel. This fee is waived if you book your reservation at least seven days before departure and no change is made thereafter. The $150 charge is also applicable if you cancel a reservation that
How to Change American Airlines Flight
If you want to change your American Airlines flight, you need to visit the official website of the airline. Before making changes to your flight, you should check the American Airlines change policy and fee. If you have made any changes in your flight then additional charges will apply. By following these below-mentioned steps, you can easily change your American Airlines flight:
- Open the official website of American Airlines on your PC or laptop.
- Enter your login credentials for signing into your account on the home page.
- Now, tap on the ‘My Trips’ section and then select the trip you wish to change.
- Tap on the ‘Change Flight’ option to make some changes in your flight.
- Now, enter the details such as confirmation number and last name in the required field.
- After that, choose a new flight from the list of flights and make payment for changing your flight schedule online.
American Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy & Fee
Before you cancel your American Airlines booked flight, it’s important to know the appropriate AA flight cancellation policy and fees.
The cost charged by the airline depends on the type of ticket you have purchased. If you want to cancel your flight after 24 hours of purchase, it will be non-refundable and you will only get a travel credit that can be used for future travel.
For any other cancellation, the amount will be deducted as per the cost and fare rules of the airlines.
Also, if you want to cancel your American Airlines Flight within 24 hours of booking, it may be possible for you to get a full refund without a cancellation fee if the reservation is made at least seven days prior to departure.
To get more detailed information about American Airlines Cancellation Policy and its fee, refer to the below-mentioned points:
- If you have canceled your flight within 24 hours from the time of booking and your flight is scheduled at least 7 days later than the booking date, then you will receive a full refund.
- American Airlines doesn’t charge anything for cancellations made at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure time of your flight.
- If you are canceling your flight after 24 hours from the booking time and within 7 days before your scheduled departure, then a $200 cancellation fee per person is applicable plus taxes as well.
- The amount of the American Airlines cancellation fee depends on how you booked your ticket. For example, if you book through American Airlines and the first leg of your journey is on AA, then your ticket is refundable, but it has a $200 fee. If you have booked through a travel agent or another airline, then your fare may not be refundable at all.
How to Cancel American Airlines Flight
When you cancel a flight on American Airlines, you have the option of using your travel fund for future purchases or getting a refund for your original form of payment. Either way, you’ll need to cancel by midnight on the day following your ticket purchase.
You can cancel your flight by going to the American Airlines website and logging in to your account. Then go to “My Trips,” select the trip you want to cancel, and click “Cancel Trip.” If you have booked a multi-city trip, you will have to cancel each leg of the trip separately. You can also call American Airlines at 800-433-7300.
In addition to selecting the Cancel icon next to your flight, there are several ways to cancel your reservation:
- Sign in to your AAdvantage account and go to My Trips.
- From the “My trips” page, select View details next to the trip you want to cancel.
- Select Cancel next to the flight you want to cancel.
- Select whether you want a refund or a travel fund, plus how you want it issued.
If you don’t see an option for canceling, that means it’s past midnight on the day following your ticket purchase. You can no longer get a refund — but you can still request a travel fund by contacting us within 24 hours of scheduled departure.