Need to Change flight Date on Air Canada? you can easily change your flight, but you will need to pay a change fee, which depends on the type of ticket and the destination you choose.
- Air Canada does not allow flight changes for those with basic economy tickets after the initial 24-hour window.
- For Standard fares, after the 24-hour window has passed, Air Canada charges a change fee of $100 for flights that depart in 60 days or less and $25 for flights that depart in 61 days or more. If you’re changing to a more expensive option, you will need to pay the difference in price.
- For Flex fares, after the 24-hour window has passed, Air Canada charges a change fee of $50 for flights that depart in 60 days or less and $25 for flights that depart in 61 days or more. If you’re changing to a more expensive option, you will need to pay the difference in price.
- For Comfort fares, after the 24-hour window has passed, Air Canada charges a change fee of $25 for flights that depart in 60 days or less and $25 for flights that depart in 61 days or more. If you’re changing to a more expensive option, you will need to pay the difference in price.
- If you purchased a Latitude, premium economy, or business class ticket, you can change your ticket without being charged any additional fee. If you’re changing to a more expensive option, you will need to pay the difference in price. If you’re changing to a cheaper flight, the difference in fare will be refunded to your original method of payment.
- If you need to make a change to your award ticket, you can do so up to 2 hours before the flight departs — but you will be charged a fee depending on the fare class. The fee is $100 per direction for all ticket types. This drops to $75 for those with Aeroplan Diamond status, and those with Altitude Super Elite 100k will not be charged a fee.
Air Canada Same Day Change Policy
Want to fly on an earlier or later flight on the day of travel? Air Canada travelers can make a confirmed same-day flight change for a flat fee of 125 USD (no fare difference applicable). Air Canada same-day change can only be requested on the day of travel, beginning at midnight in the time zone of your scheduled departure. Here is everything that you need to know about the Air Canada same-day change rules –
- Air Canada same-day flight change is not applicable to the Basic Fares.
- Standard and Flex fares can be requested for same-day flight change for an Air Canada change fee of 125 USD and 100 USD respectively.
- Passengers need to adjust their travel to an earlier or a later flight on the same calendar day as the originally scheduled flight.
- As per Air Canada’s same-day flight change policy, the passenger’s travel must be between the same city pairs (in and out of the same airports).
- Air Canada mileage members are not required to pay Air Canada same-day change fee and can change a flight beginning 24 hours prior to the originally scheduled departure.
- Air Canada’s Premium Economy, Comfort Class, and Business Class fare includes a free same-day flight change. In other words, passengers holding a refundable fare are not required to pay Air Canada same-day change fee.
How to Change Air Canada Flight Date
- The official website of Air Canada Airlines is visited in the web browser.
- When the homepage prompts, the passenger needs to go to the Book option in the main menu.
- Under the Book option, in the dropdown menu, the Manage Bookings facility is selected.
- The booking related to flights, hotels, etc. can be managed in this section of the website.
- On the next page, the passenger is asked to enter the booking reference number along with the last name.
- By using these details, the ticket can be accessed and the required changes in the flight ticket can be made.
- The correct details when entered will prompt the itinerary and the passenger can change the flight here.
- The flight can be changed by changing the source, destination or date. The policy of the airline should be considered while saving the details or making any changes.
- Once the changes in the ticket are made, it can be saved and submitted.
- Finally, the confirmation of a new booking is received via email or text message as per the contact details on the ticket.
- The e-ticket received here is used during the check-in, either online or at the airport.
- The Air Canada flight change fee varies according to the kind of ticket booked.
Points to remember when making changes to Air Canada flights
- To change an Air Canada ticket, contact your original booking source:
- If you booked directly through Air Canada or via Skyscanner, Google Flights, or Kayak, you can change your reservation online via My bookings on AirCanada.com.
- If you booked through a travel agent (online or otherwise), you must contact them directly.
- If you booked through Aeroplan, Air Canada for Business, or Air Canada Vacations, contact them directly.
- If you booked your ticket directly from Air Canada, you can:
- Either convert your ticket into an Air Canada Travel Voucher which is transferrable and has no expiry date)
- Or opt for Aeroplan points and receive a 65% bonus
- You can change your Air Canada flight booking up to 2 hours prior to the scheduled departure time.
If you change a ticket (free of charge), you must complete your travel within 24 months of the purchase date. You won’t have to pay a change fee, but you must pay the fare difference if any.
Terms and Conditions
- A ticket must be issued on or before April 30, 2021.
- For original travel between March 1, 2020, and April 30, 2022
- If you need to change any flight, your new travel must be completed within 24 months from the date of cancellation. No change fee will apply.
- If you booked directly with Air Canada and you need to cancel any flight, you will soon be able to can convert the remaining value of all tickets in a booking to an Air Canada Travel Voucher that is fully transferrable and never expires, or to Aeroplan points with an additional 65% bonus Aeroplan points. No change fee will apply.
- Booking can be changed or canceled up to 2 hours prior to departure.
- Refundable tickets will be refunded as per the fare rules; a cancellation fee may still apply.
Cost to change Air Canada Flight
- Basic Economy: not permitted
- Standard Fares: $150 ($100 for routes between Toronto and JFK, LaGuardia, or Newark airports)
- Flex and Comfort Fares: $75 ($0 for routes between Toronto and JFK, LaGuardia, or Newark airports)
- Latitude, Premium Economy, and Business Class: $0
- Award Tickets: $100 per direction for all ticket types ($75 for those with Aeroplan Diamond status, and those with Altitude Super Elite 100k will not be charged a fee)
|Air Canada Flight Ticket||Same Day Change Fee|
|Basic Economy||Changes are not allowed|
|Comfort Fares||No Fee|
|Business Class Fares||No Fee|
(Complete Table For Air Canada Change Fee – All The Travel Class Covered)
Can you Change Air Canada flight date?
You can rebook a different flight at no charge within 5 days from your scheduled departure. Call us at 1-888-247-2262 and our specialists would be happy to assist you (for international and other numbers, visit aircanada.com/othernumbers).
Does Air Canada allow same-day changes?
Passengers who have purchased Air Canada’s Business, Premium, and comfort class tickets, then you do not need to pay for the same-day flight change. Or you can say the passengers who have the refundable tickets, do not need to pay the fee for the same-day flight change.
Can you change Air Canada Flight dates once booked?
Can you reschedule a flight? Yes, you can reschedule or cancel a flight. However, you may need to pay a change or cancellation fee depending on the airline you booked with and the fare class of your ticket.
Can I change my Air Canada flight within 24 hours?
Reservations can be cancelled without penalty for 24 hours after purchase. You may cancel your purchase of tickets up to 24 hours after purchase and Air Canada will provide you with a full refund without penalty. This policy applies to refundable as well as non-refundable fares.