Can You Change Name on Plane Ticket
Change Name on Plane Ticket: The name on a ticket is the name of the person that is going to fly. It can be changed, but only under certain conditions, and fees will apply.
If you find yourself in a situation where you need to change the name on a ticket, contact the airline immediately. Some airlines may allow this for free, but others charge a hefty fee. And there’s no guarantee that the airline will even allow you to make the change.
Here are some of the most common reasons why someone would want to change their name on an airline ticket:
- You made a mistake when booking and entered your name wrong. If this happens, you will have to pay a fee (sometimes as much as USD 200) to have it fixed. Airlines often refer to this as an “error fare” or “mistake fare” if it’s due to a bug in their booking system that allowed you to book a ticket at an unusually low price.
- You bought a non-refundable ticket but can’t use it anymore (e.g., your job doesn’t allow vacation during your desired travel dates). In this case, you can either forfeit the money you spent or try to change the name on your reservation and sell it for whatever it’s worth now (and hope someone
Most airlines will allow you to change the name on a ticket under certain circumstances.
- To change the name on an airline ticket, you must know what policies apply to your particular flight and fare. The fee for changing the name on a ticket can vary from nothing to as much as $200, depending on the airline and situation.
- Name changes are not permitted on all tickets. In general, you are allowed to change the name on a nonrefundable airfare booked in your own name with no penalty within 24 hours of booking if the reservation was made at least seven days prior to departure. The airlines consider this a unique circumstance and may waive their normal ticket change policy. After that, there is usually a $100 or more fee applied to any changes made within 24 hours of booking.
- When you are trying to change your name on an airline ticket, it is important to know the rules and regulations of the airline you’re flying with. Some airlines allow a name change as long as the ticket has not been used, while other airlines have stricter rules. Airlines also have different ways of changing names on tickets. Some require you to contact a travel agent or customer service representative for the change, while others let you do it yourself through your account online.
Change Name on Plane Ticket: American Airlines
American Airlines Name Change: You can change the name on a ticket if you booked directly through American Airlines, but you may have to pay a fee depending on your destination and the type of ticket you purchased. If you booked through a third party, such as an online travel agency or another airline, you’ll need to contact them directly to change the name.
You can change the name printed on an American Airlines ticket for a fee if it was purchased directly through American Airlines. The fee varies depending on whether your ticket is refundable or nonrefundable and whether your destination is domestic or international.
Next, call American Airlines (833) 246-4453 (hopefully before your flight has taken off).
If you booked through AA, follow these steps:
- Log in to your account at AA.com. (If you don’t already have one, create an account.)
- Click “Reservations” from the top menu bar.
- Enter your reservation number and last name and click “Find My Reservation.”
- Click “Change Flight” next to the flight in question, then select “Change Passenger Name Only” on the following page.
- Input new passenger information and click “Continue,” then follow prompts to complete payment for a name change.
Change Name on Plane Ticket: Delta Airlines
Delta Name Change: If you have booked the flight tickets of Delta Airlines and the name on the ticket is wrong, you can simply change the name on the Delta Airlines ticket. If you have made any spelling mistakes or your full name is not mentioned on the ticket, then this article will help you to know how to change your Name on a Delta Airlines ticket.
Next, call Delta Airlines(833) 246-4453 (hopefully before your flight has taken off).
There are some points that one should know before changing a name on the ticket:
- The passenger can only change his/her own name.
- You cannot change the name of another person on your reservation.
- Passenger has to call Delta Airlines’ customer service number in order to change his/her own name.
- If you want to make any changes to your reservation, then you must check if your fare allows it.
- For changing a name on a reservation, one must pay some fees and other charges applicable as per fare rules.
- There may be an additional charge for changing the class of service once ticketed.
Changing the Name on Your Delta Airlines Ticket
As a general rule, changing the name on a Delta Airlines ticket is not permitted. You can only change the name on your ticket if you purchased a fully refundable fare. If you purchased a discount or sale fare, you will have to pay a fee to cancel your ticket and buy a new ticket with your correct name.
If you are an elite member of SkyMiles, you may be able to get around these restrictions. However, Delta Airlines charges an administrative fee of $150 (as of 2010) for changing the names on tickets.
Call Delta Airlines at (833) 246-4453 to determine whether it is possible to change the name on your ticket. Be prepared to pay the $150 administrative fee and any other applicable fees before your name can be changed.
Change Name on Plane Ticket: United Airlines
United Airlines Name Change: Yes, for a charge of $200 per ticket, plus any difference in fare between the original fare paid and the current fare for the new reservation, you can change the name on your reservation. To request this change, please contact United Reservations.
You have a few options to choose from. You can call United directly or send a written request by mail. If you’re flying soon and want to change your name on your ticket more quickly, you can also make the change online at United’s website. The process is free, but you may need to pay a fee if you’re making changes within 30 days of your flight.
Next, call United Airlines (833) 246-4453 (hopefully before your flight has taken off).
The airline offers many facilities to the customers and it is well known for its best customer care services. One of the best services that are provided by United Airlines is changing the name on a flight ticket. You can change the name on a flight ticket by simply following the given below steps:
- Click on the my trip option and then choose your trip and then click on the manage booking option.
- Then click on the change or cancel option.
- Click on the change reservation option and then enter a new passenger name.
- Now, click on the continue button and then review your details.
Change Name on Plane Ticket: Southwest Airlines
Southwest Airlines Name Change: If you need to change the name on your Southwest Airlines ticket, there are two ways to do it. If you purchased a refundable Wanna Get Away fare, you can simply cancel and re-book your flight with the new passenger’s information. However, if you booked a non-refundable fare, you must pay a $100 fee per passenger to transfer the reservation to a new name.
Name changes are not permitted on Southwest Airlines tickets. That’s the short answer, but the longer answer is that there are a few instances where you can get away with making a change.
There are no fees for canceling and rebooking a flight with Southwest Airlines. However, if the fare goes up, you’ll have to pay the difference in price.
Next, call Southwest Airlines (234) 231- 8148 (hopefully before your flight has taken off).
If you want to book a new ticket under someone else’s name, it may be best to cancel your old flight and buy a new one.
There are no penalties or fees for changing the name on any other type of fare class.
changing the name on a southwest airlines ticket
You can easily change your name on a Southwest Airlines ticket by calling their customer service department. However, there is a $100 fee to do so. (The fee is waived for customers who are switching from one person’s ticket to another within the same reservation).
If You Purchased A Refundable Fare Class:
Call 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-234-231-8148) and tell the agent that you’d like to cancel your flight and rebook it under another person’s name. The airline will issue a full refund that is good for a year from the date of purchase.
Re-book your flight using the new passenger’s information.
If You Purchased A Nonrefundable Fare Class:
Call Southwest’s customer service line at 1-800-435-9792. Use the phone number on your ticket receipt if it is different.
Tell the representative that you would like to cancel your ticket. You will need to provide basic information such as your first and last name and confirmation number. The representative will put the funds from your unused ticket into a travel bank so that you can use them to purchase a new ticket in the future.
Purchase a new ticket using the funds from your canceled ticket. When prompted, give the representative the confirmation number of your original canceled ticket.
Change Name on Plane Ticket: Alaska Airlines
Alaska Airlines Name Change: You can easily change the name on your Alaska Airlines ticket if you’ve purchased a refundable fare. To change the name on your ticket, call Alaska Airlines reservations and provide the agent with the new passenger’s full name, birthdate, address, and phone number, as well as his or her passport information if traveling internationally. There is a $50 fee to change a name on an Alaska Airlines ticket for domestic flights and a $100 fee for international flights. The fee is waived for MVP Gold and MVP Gold 75K members.
Changing a name online is not possible unless you have already completed the online check-in process. In that case, go to “My Trips” on the airline’s website and click “Edit.” Then select “Edit Passenger” from the menu under “Modify My Reservation” to change names on an Alaska Airlines ticket. You’ll need to enter the new passenger’s first, middle, and last names exactly as they appear in his or her official ID and pay the applicable name-change fee.
Next, call Alaska Airlines (234) 231- 8148 (hopefully before your flight has taken off).
Changing your name on an airline ticket is a little different than changing the flight. You can’t change the name on an airline ticket online, or at least not most of the time. You need to talk to a representative at the airline and see what they say. In some cases, you may have to purchase a brand new airline ticket, but that isn’t always necessary.
There are a few reasons why you might want to change the name on your Alaska Airlines ticket:
- You misspelled your name
- Your initials were listed instead of your first name
- You got married and took your spouse’s last name
- You got divorced and went back to using your maiden name
British Airways Name Change Policy: If you need to change the name on a British Airways ticket, the airline will allow changes for a fee of $170 USD. If the name change is due to a spelling error or misuse of title (Mr. / Ms.), you may be able to make this change free of charge.
To process a name change, contact British Airways Reservations at (234) 231- 8148 (in the US) or 0344 493 0787 (from the UK).
You can change the name on your tickets if:
- You booked directly with British Airways and not through a travel agent or third party
- Your booking has been fully paid
- You have not already started your journey.
- Please note that you will be charged an administration fee for this service.
Change Name on Plane Ticket: Air Canada
Air Canada Name Change: The only way to change the name on an Air Canada ticket is by cancelling and rebooking it. Before you do that, make sure you read the terms and conditions of your fare to see if a name change is allowed or will incur a penalty.
You’ll have to call Air Canada’s customer service at 1-888-247-2262 to change the name on an Air Canada flight. If you booked through a third party, such as Expedia or Orbitz, you’ll need to contact them directly.
Air Canada allows you to change the name of the passenger on a ticket. However, you must cancel and rebook your ticket. A $300 fee applies for domestic flights and a $400 fee applies for international flights.
To process a name change, contact Air Canda Reservations at (833) 246-4453
Air Canada does not allow you to change the name of the passenger if you have a Basic Economy fare. This is because Basic Economy fares are non-refundable and non-changeable, even for a fee.
If you booked your flight through a third party or travel agency, please contact them to make changes to your itinerary.
Change Name on Plane Ticket: Spirit Airlines
Spirit Airlines Name Change: Spirit airlines allow its passengers to change their name on their tickets but for that, you need to pay a certain amount of fee which is totally non-refundable.
If you want to change your name on the spirit airline ticket, then you need to follow these steps.
How to change the name on the spirit airlines ticket
Spirit is not just a low-cost airline, but it also offers you a number of policies and services that ease your journey. One of them is the name change policy. You can easily change the name on your Spirit Airlines ticket without any hassle by following the steps mentioned below.
- Open the official website of Spirit Airlines and go to the ‘Manage My Booking’ section.
- Enter your booking number and last name in the given fields and then click on ‘Search Bookings’.
- Click on the ‘Change Flight’ option and go to the ‘Passenger Information’ section.
- Now Click on ‘Change Passenger Name’ and then enter the first name, middle name, and last name in the given field.
- Click on ‘Update Information’ to save the changes made.
Change Name on Plane Ticket: JetBlue Airways
Name Change on Jetblue Ticket: If you want to change your name on your flight booking or make any changes to your travel plans, you can do so at any time by visiting Manage Trips on JetBlue.com. To change the name on a JetBlue flight booking:
Sign in to jetblue.com and select Manage Trips.
Find the reservation you wish to amend and select Change flights.
Select a new flight for each traveler whose flight you wish to change and proceed through checkout. The new itinerary is cheaper than the original, we’ll refund the difference in price (this does not apply to itineraries booked with TrueBlue points)
The new itinerary is more expensive than the original, you’ll need to pay the difference in price at checkout. If seats are available, we’ll refund the change fee (if applicable).
Change Name on Plane Ticket: Allegiant Air
The name change on Allegiant Air Tickets is possible but it depends on the fare rules and policies of the airline. In simple terms, if you have a refundable ticket, then you can make the name change. On the other hand, if you have a nonrefundable ticket, then a name change won’t be possible. So, before making any booking, it’s better to know about the fare rules of the airline.
Name changes are allowed on Allegiant Airlines flights; however, there are some policies that one needs to follow for the same. Below are the policies one needs to follow:
The name change fee is $75.
You need to request a name change at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure, or else you will have to pay the fare difference between the price of the original ticket and the current price of the ticket.
Name changes can only be made by calling customer service. The customer service number is 702-505-8888.
If you’re changing your last name due to marriage, then you need to submit a marriage certificate during check-in, otherwise, you will not be allowed to travel
If you want to change your name then you have to follow some steps which are given below:
- In the first step, you have to visit the official website of allegiant airlines.
- Now click on manage booking.
- Then you have to enter your reservation number and your last name.
- Click on Find Booking.
- Then edit your name and save it.
Change Name on Plane Ticket: Frontier Airlines
Passenger may change their ticket by following the below steps. Changing the name of Frontier Airlines is not simple, but it is possible. The process varies by fare type and itinerary, but you can make Name Changes for a $75 fee if necessary.
The passenger has to open the Frontier Airline official page in the browser to get started. Then passengers need to click on the “manage travel” option located in the above section of the page.
After that passenger needs to provide the reservation number, last name, and zip code of the passenger. The reservation number will be located in the booking confirmation email or flight itinerary email sent by the Frontier Airlines agent while booking a flight ticket. After providing all the information passengers need to click on the “find it” button to find the booking.
The next step is to select the booking by clicking on the “view details” button and then click on the “change flight” button, which will redirect you to another window where you can change your ticket details like name, date, time, etc.
For changing your name on Frontier Airlines reservations, you need to go through some of the steps which are mentioned in the below sections.
Steps to change the name on Frontier Airlines Reservations
- First of all, open any browser and visit the official website of Frontier Airlines.
- In the next step, navigate to the My Trips option by entering your reservation number.
- Now, you will be able to find a list of your upcoming trips. In case you need to make changes in your upcoming trips then select it and click on the Change Flight option.
- Afterward, enter your personal details such as name, phone number, and email address in order to retrieve your booking information.
- As soon as you enter the correct details, you will be able to see your booking summary. Make sure to check all the details carefully.
- After that, navigate to the personal information section where you can make changes to your name by entering a new one.
- Once done, click on the Save Changes option and proceed further with the payment procedure so that you can confirm your updated ticket with Frontier Airlines.
Change Name on Plane Ticket: Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian Airlines Name Change: The Hawaiian Airlines ticket name change policy has been mentioned here. You can follow the guidelines to change the name on your Hawaiian Airlines ticket.
Travelers who have booked their flight tickets with Hawaiian Airlines and want to know about how to change their name on Hawaiian Airlines tickets can get complete information from this article. Here we have discussed the steps to make changes in the passenger name for Hawaiian Airlines flight reservations.
Hawaiian Airlines is one of the most popular American airlines that offers its services throughout the world. There are several customers and frequent flyers who book their flight tickets with this airline due to its services, facilities, and many other features that it provides to the passengers.
If you think that changing the name on Hawaiian airlines tickets is a hard nut to crack, then think again. In fact, it is just a matter of minutes and you may be able to change the name in your scheduled flight with Hawaiian Airlines.
Steps to change the name on Hawaiian Airlines ticket:
- Go to the Hawaiian Airlines official website and click on the My Trips option.
- After this, sign in with your registered email address and password.
- Click on the “Manage My Booking” option.
- Now, enter your booking number or reservation reference number along with the last name of any passenger mentioned in your booking.
- Now, click on the Find my Booking option and then move to the next page.
- Here, you will see the available flights where you can make changes. Select the flight that you want to change the name for it.
- Now, choose the Change Flight option from the available options and then make all changes as per your requirement. You can also contact the customer service department if you are not able to find the Change Flight option on your screen or for more information about changing name on Hawaiian Airlines tickets.
Change Name on Plane Ticket: Aeromexico Airlines
How to Change Name on Aeromexico ticket: In the event that you need to make a name change on your Aeromexico reservation, the first recommendation is to contact their reservations center directly. You can reach them by dialing 1-800-237-6639 from within the United States or Canada.
If you booked your flight online, you can also visit the Aeromexico website and click on “Manage Your Trip.” This will give you the option to view your reservation and look at other information such as flight status. If there are special circumstances involved, such as an illness or death in the family, then you may be able to request a name change without paying any fees. Otherwise, Aeromexico charges a fee of $25 USD per ticket in order to make a name correction.
Some online travel agencies charge even more than this to make a name correction, so it’s best if you call them directly instead of going through an intermediary. The same can also be said for frequent flyer miles tickets or award tickets because they have their own set of rules and regulations when it comes to making changes.
How to change the name on a Qatar airways ticket?
Sometimes people do not have the name of their friends or relatives on a flight ticket. If you are planning to fly with Qatar Airways in the future, then you will be able to change your name on the Qatar Airways ticket. To change the name of Qatar Airways, you need to contact the customer service office of Qatar Airways and ask them to change the name on their ticket. Follow the steps below to change your name on a Qatar Airways ticket:
- Contact the customer service center of Qatar Airways and ask them to change your name on a flight ticket
- Provide all details related to your bookings such as booking number, passenger’s first and last names, and other information
- You will also be asked for your contact details so that they can contact you if they need more information.
- You will be informed about all charges related to changing your name with Qatar Airways by customer service representatives and they will also tell you how much time it will take to make changes in your booking status
- Submit your application for changing the name of flight tickets with the help of a customer service representative at Qatar Airways
If you want to change the name on a Qatar Airways ticket, you may need to cancel your booking and rebook it with the correct passenger name.
Next, call Qatar Airways at (833) 246-4453(hopefully before your flight has taken off).
If you do not want to cancel your booking, this will depend on the fare conditions of your flight. If they are flexible, you may be able to change the name without paying a fee.
Emirates Airlines Name Change: Sometimes, due to some genuine reasons, you need to change the name on your Emirates Airlines ticket. For this purpose, you can either contact the airline directly or use the online portal of the airline. To understand how to change your name on an Emirates Airlines ticket, you can follow the instructions given below:
Contacting the airline
If you want to change the name on your Emirates Airlines ticket by contacting the airline, you can do so in three different ways.
Next, call Emirates Airlines at (833) 246-4453(hopefully before your flight has taken off).
Visit any nearby travel agency that sells tickets of Emirates Airlines.
Visit the airport and ask someone from the staff of Emirates Airlines ticket counter for help.
Emirates Airlines allow you to change your name on Emirates airlines tickets if the passenger is willing to pay the fee for the same. You can follow the below steps to complete the Emirates airline ticket name change:-
- Open the official website of Emirates airlines.
- Login to your account.
- Navigate to the My Reservations section.
- Select your flight and tap on the manage my booking option.
- Choose the Change Passengers Name option and enter a new name as per your choice.
- Proceed further and pay the Emirates airline name change fee (if applicable).
You are unable to change the name. You are able to cancel the ticket and then rebook it with the correct spelling of your name. Please note that a cancellation fee will be charged per person, and if you have purchased a non-refundable ticket, it will not be refunded.
How to change the name on the Volaris Airlines ticket?
If you want to change the name on your Volaris Airlines ticket, there are a few options.
If you need to change the name on your ticket, you have options available. You can call the airline directly and request a name change, or process the change online if that’s an option. If your itinerary is eligible for a name change, be ready to pay a fee.
If your itinerary allows you to make changes online, go to the airline’s website and log in using the booking reference number and passenger last name. If it’s too late to make changes online, call the airline directly.
Change by Phone
Call Volaris Airlines. Have your reservation number handy when you call so an agent can access your reservation and process the change request quickly. Confirm what documents are required as proof of identification for international flights before you travel to avoid boarding delays or being denied boarding.
At the Airport
Volaris Airlines representatives may be able to process same-day name changes at the airport check-in desk or at the gate if there are seats available on standby status. Payment methods accepted at the airport include cash, checks, and credit cards
I can only suggest contacting Reservations (perhaps via Twitter) and explaining what happened and asking for help with this. You should also have received an email with your booking reference number that might help you sort this out.
I made a mistake on my airline ticket and need to change the name. What are my options?
If you made a mistake when booking your airline ticket, or if you want to transfer it to someone else, you may be able to make the change.
However, read the fine print carefully — airlines typically charge fees for these sorts of changes and will not issue refunds if you purchased a nonrefundable ticket.
- For example, American Airlines charges $200 to make changes to nonrefundable tickets purchased through its own website. The fee is $300 if the ticket was purchased through a travel agent, though some agents will waive their own fees to make the change.
- If you’re transferring an airline ticket to another person, it’s important that they have the same first and last name as indicated on the identification they’ll present at airport security and check-in. Otherwise, they may not be allowed to board their flight.
- If you booked your flight using a credit card, you might be able to dispute the charge with your credit card company and have it removed from your bill. You’ll save yourself a lot of money and you won’t have to worry about paying change fees or penalties.
There are rules that say when this is okay, though, so make sure you understand them before you try to do this.
You can only do this if you bought a ticket and never used it. If you did use the ticket at all, even boarding one leg of it, then you cannot do this. Also, some airlines put language in their contracts that say they can charge any amount they want to cancel a ticket, even if they don’t have to provide any refund at all.
If you can’t get a credit card refund, another option is to try and cancel the ticket with the airline. There are penalties for doing this but in some cases, it’s still cheaper than not canceling at all.
If these options aren’t available because you bought a non-refundable ticket or because there is no language in the airline contract allowing refunds on non-used tickets, then the only option is to pay the penalty fees and hope that one day the airline decides to forgive them for whatever reason