Qatar Airways has a flight date change policy that allows passengers to change their flight date, time, and destination with or without additional charges, as long as the flights are within the same calendar year.
However, passengers are not allowed to change their route or airline. In order to make a flight change, passengers must contact the Qatar Airways Booking department at least 24 hours before their scheduled departure time.
Qatar Airways Policy to change a flight date?
Sometimes changing your flight can be difficult if you do not know how to change the flight. Qatar Airways has a guideline that will help you with this process. You can change your flight by following this guideline in an easy manner.
- According to Qatar Airways’ guidelines, passengers are permitted to change their flight date within certain time if they have an emergency.
- Passengers of Qatar Airways can change their flight date via the managed booking sections of the official site or even connecting reservations department.
- Passengers can request to the official site to change flight dates online or offline or by visiting the airport.
- You can change your flight procedure one hour before your scheduled departure time. Passengers who cancel their flight ticket on the original booking of Qatar airways are not charged any fees.
Qatar Airways flight date change Policy Guidelines
The travelers who booked the flight with Qatar Airways and trying to change their flight dates, there is a set of rules that need to be followed.
In order to change the date on a Qatar Airways ticket, passengers must contact the reservations department at least 24 hours before their scheduled departure time. This can be done either by phone or email, and will require passengers to provide some basic information such as name, date of birth, nationality and passport number.
Passengers can change their flight date, time, and destination without any additional costs as long as the new flights are within the same calendar year. However, passengers cannot change their route or airline.
- Make sure that your flight booked directly with the Qatar Airways website or through call support desk to change your flight.
- If your ticket cannot be changed online, we suggest you contact the nearest Qatar Airways office.
- If the Qatar Airways flight was not booked online through our support desk, then customers need to contact our reservation department at (888) 635-5228.
- Change fee will be applied to the new ticket. This fee is based on the difference between the fare conditions for your original ticket and the new ticket.
- A passenger must also pay any applicable charges and the fare differential to confirm a flight change.
Qatar Airways Phone Number
|Toll-Free Number: USA Canada
|+6 128 320 1015
How Much Does It Cost To Reschedule a Qatar Airways Flight?
For booking a flight, people generally take Qatar Airways. In some cases, they have to reschedule their trip. Most of the airlines charge for this process which is deducted from the customer’s refund money. Sometimes it also bothers the customer.
Though with Qatar airways you can easily skip the fee and reschedule the flight easily, and that too online. So you don’t have to pay the additional fee for the flight change. You can skip and make your traveling or trip more customers friendly as well as efficient. Even, you can contact the support person and they can make the necessary changes without being charged.
How Much Does it Cost To Rebook a Qatar Airways flight?
Qatar Airways allows passengers to change their flight plans. This policy is meant to allow passengers the flexibility to make changes. Passengers can do this on Qatar Airways website, making it easier for them.
Rescheduling a flight with Qatar Airways can be a hassle, but their website makes it easy to do. Rescheduling your flight costs less than the original price of the ticket and takes just a few minutes. To reschedule your flight, go to Qatar Airways’ website and click on the “Change Ticket” section. This information is also available in your ticket itinerary.
Qatar Airways Change Flight policies and other info: Qatar Airways will go down in history for having some of the best travel policies during these uncertain times. Once this all passes, companies will be remembered for how they treated people. Those with poor policies will be shunned, and people will become more loyal to those with better policies. Customer loyalty goes a long way.
Here are the guidelines to change Qatar airways flight
Qatar Airways does no longer permit its passengers to make changes on maintaining Qatar airlines bookings as they’re eligible for making changes
- If the passengers have changed reservations, then they cannot put them on hold until the confirmation can be made
- Qatar airlines allow the passengers to make Voluntary changes ie when a person desires to make changes in the date and time due to emergency
- If the passengers are making any changes of their itinerary, then they’ll be payable for exchange price earlier than their scheduled flight departure inclusive of No-display charges. But in such cases, their flight tickets can be reissued with the applicable fare if any.
- For passengers who are going to make changes in their flight tickets through a smartphone or at the airport, the airline’s price ticket with non-refundable charges will have to pay. But if the passenger is making their Qatar airways flight change within 24 hours of the scheduled departure of flight then they’ll not need to pay any amount.
Qatar Airways Flight Change: Rule
The following Qatar Airways Flight Change rules will apply to all tickets issued up to August 31, 2021, for travel up to May 31, 2022:
- You must complete your travel by May 31, 2022, to enjoy a rebooking fee waiver. Changes to dates and routes must be made before your flight’s scheduled departure time.
- You must rebook on the same fare class as your original ticket to not pay extra.
- Same-day date changes are not allowed.
- If you’re changing your route, you must pay the fare difference, along with any tax, fee, or surcharge differences that apply.
- Tickets booked directly with Qatar Airways can be changed online or by phone through a Qatar Airways contact center.
- Tickets booked through third parties can only be cancelled through them.
- If you’re flying to Australia, you must make the changes at least 3 days before your travel date.
- Name changes are not permitted.
Qatar Airways change policy –
- As per Qatar Airways change flight policy, passengers can hold their reservation and use it when they’re ready with extended ticket validity which remains valid for 2 years from the date of issuance.
- Passengers can change Qatar Airways booking within the same class of service, as often as there would be no Qatar Airways change booking fee.
- Passengers can also exchange the unused portion of their ticket for travel credit vouchers with 10 percent more value and remain valid for 2 years from the date of issuance.
- As per Qatar Airways change flight policy, passengers can also cancel their reservation and refund the unused portion of the ticket to the original form of payment with the help of the Qatar Airways change fee waiver.
- By paying zero Qatar Airways change booking fee, passengers would still be responsible for any difference in fare, taxes, and surcharges.
- Qatar Airways change flight requests for anywhere in Asia, Europe, and Australia must be made no less than 72 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
- Qatar Airways change flight requests only applicable if fare rules allow amendment of the booking.
- In case of no-show policy, only one fee will be applicable, either a no-show or Qatar Airways change fee whichever is higher
- As per Qatar Airways change flight policy, in case of lower fare difference, the residual value of the fare remains non-refundable.
- Qatar Airways date change charges will be applicable as per the highest of all fare components.
Passengers can change or add the meal preference via the ‘Manage Booking’ tab. From the ‘Manage Flight’ menu passengers need to click ‘Modify meal preference or ‘Add Meal Preference’ to complete the changes. Passengers can also check-in online, 72 hours to 90 minutes prior to the scheduled departure, and add the preferred meal.
Next Call Qatar Airways Reservations Number: (888) 635-5228
Types of Qatar Airways Change Changes
Qatar Airways change flight date & time
Finally, Qatar Airways’ travel with confidence policy allows for customers to change their flight dates. Once again, this allows for one to change their ticket depending on whatever is happening in the world. It’s not safe to travel in June, maybe it will be in September. No one really knows.
In many countries, airports are closed or have tight travel restrictions. To help deal with this, Qatar Airways is allowing free date changes. Voluntary changes are our best friend, and more importantly free!
The rules of the Travel with Confidence policy do require travel to be completed before January 1, 2021. Free changes apply for travel before the end of the year. If ANY part of the journey is on or after January 1, 2021 travelers must pay the fare differences. Then, only rebooking fees are waived. This means a summer vacation may just become a Christmas Holiday instead. Just get home by New Year’s Eve!
Qatar Airways Seat Change
To change seats with Qatar Airlines, the passengers will have to follow the same procedure mentioned above. Visit the section “Manage Booking”, enter the details such as PNR Number, the last name of the passenger. The option to modify the seat will appear and the passenger can select the seat and proceed ahead to confirm.
Qatar Airways Name Change
Qatar Airways does not permit name change on existing PNR. The existing PNR needs to be canceled and a new booking will have to be made. However, in the case of name correction, you can contact Qatar Airways Representatives.
Qatar Airways Same Day Change
Same-day date changes are not allowed. If you’re changing your route, you must pay the fare difference, along with any tax, fee, or surcharge differences that apply. Tickets booked directly with Qatar Airways can be changed online or by phone through a Qatar Airways contact center.
Qatar Airways change Destination
Qatar Airways is allowing customers to change their flight to ANY destination within 5000 miles of their original destination. When changing destinations, there are NO additional fares or taxes collected! If you buy a ticket with Qatar Airways to Singapore, you could change it to Sydney or Tokyo. Qatar Airways calculates the distance by the way the crow flies. The easiest way to calculate the distance is using gcmap.com. Enter the city’s airport codes such as SIN-ZNZ to calculate the distance.
This change opens a slew of options. For example, I booked a flight for just $1632 to Kyiv. Yet within 5000 miles of Kyiv is most of Africa, Asia, and Europe. If you are seeking a vacation, Qatar’s generous change policy is nearly unlimited. If you are worried Europe will be closed to tourists, maybe Kenya, Oman, Thailand, or elsewhere will still be open. Flexibility is key. If you are open to changes, this deal is just for you!
It is important to note that 5th freedom routes such as Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh are not eligible for destination changes. If you do not route via Doha initially, you cannot change to route via Doha.
Qatar Airways Change Departure City
First, Qatar Airways is allowing passengers to change their departure city. Per the rules, passengers can change their departure city to any other city within the same county. Unfortunately for many countries, Qatar Airways only serves one destination. Fortunately for those in the United States, there’s a lot of wiggle room. One could book a ticket from New York and change the departure point to Los Angeles. Or from Chicago to Miami. If you move this year or find a cheaper fare from somewhere else, book the ticket from any point in the United States and change it later. Qatar Airways offers flights to Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, New York, and Miami.
The same change of departure city works great for others too. Those in the United Kingdom can change flights between London, Cardiff, Manchester, Edinburgh, and Birmingham. Other countries with multiple departure points include Thailand, Tanzania, Australia, China, Vietnam, Kenya, India, Sweden, Spain, Switzerland, and more.
Qatar Airways Flight Change Policy for Privilege Club Members
- If you change an award ticket at least 24 hours before departure:
- If you’re a Platinum or Gold main member, no change fee will apply.
- If you’re a Silver or Burgundy member, or travelling on the same booking as a Platinum/Gold member, a change fee of USD 25 will apply.
- If you change an award ticket 3 – 24 hours before departure:
- If you’re a Platinum or Gold main member, no change fee will apply.
- If you’re a Silver or Burgundy member, or travelling on the same booking as a Platinum/Gold member, a change fee of USD 100 will apply.
- If you change an award ticket within 3 hours of departure (or after departure), it will be treated as a no-show and:
- Your miles and cash payment (if any) will be forfeited.
- Only government and airport taxes will be refunded.
How to change booking with the Qatar airline
As long as your ticket fare rules can allow you to make changes. But please apply the fare rules attached to your reservation to your ticket copy.
- Click here for Booking Management visit the official site of the Qatar airline
- You ought to make adjustments
- PNR/Ticket/Privilege Number Club and the last name Passenger
- For more questions, email your nearest offices here at www.qatarairways.com, Contact information
Conditions for Schedule Changes
Changes only apply if the fare law requires the reservation to be changed. There is a shift charge by booking, under the Qatar airways change policy
Change policy for re-pricing:
- The current ticket does not surpass the previous fare size of a ticket and RBD;
- The latest path results in a lower fare at Fare Breakpoint.
- The seasonal or weekday and weekend fares are being changed.
- Under all cases, the carrier shall repay the passenger’s remainder as a transport credit coupon from the initial mode of payment.
How much does it cost to change a flight on Qatar Airways?
Tickets purchased or modified by phone, at the airport, or through a Qatar Airways Ticket Office include a non-refundable service fee starting from $25. Tickets re-issued by phone, at the airport, or through a Qatar Airways Ticket Office include a non-refundable service fee starting from $15.
How Much Does It Cost to Reschedule a Qatar Airways Flight?
According to Qatar Airways flight change policy, if you’re changing your flight outside of the waiver period, you will be charged a flight change fee depending on your travel class and fare type. The online change fee typically ranges from USD 66 – 170. However, you make changes to your ticket through the Qatar Airways ticket office, call center, or at an airport desk, you will also be additionally charged a non-refundable service fee of USD 25.
Change fee waiver. You’re allowed to make unlimited changes to your flight ticket for free if you booked your flight ticket anytime up to August 31, 2021, and your travel date is on/before May 31, 2022.
Qatar Airways flight reschedules or change the cost
- You can easily change your Qatar Airways flight without any cost or fee if you change a flight within 24 hours of booking.
- The flights you change after 24 hours of booking will be subjected to the change fee that depends on the type of your ticket.
- You will be charged $25 if you change your flight ticket online, by phone, or directly at the airport.
- The reissue fee of a ticket by phone, or at the official website will be subjected to a fee starts from $15.
- In case a flight is delayed, then it is possible to change a flight without any change fee.
You will be required to pay the charges to reschedule a Qatar Airways flight that is above-mentioned, and if you still need any kind of other assistance regarding the flight change fee or process, then you can directly contact the customer service team of Qatar Airways.
Qatar Airways have introduced a new flight change rule due to the current situation. This allows people to change their origin to another city within the same country, or you can change the destination of your flight.
In an interesting move, you can change the destination to within 5,000 miles of your original choice. This opens a lot of opportunities for people who need to select a new place to go.
How I Used the New Qatar Airways Flight Change Rule
Qatar Airways Terms & Conditions:
- Valid for any of Qatar Airways’ published fares only purchased either directly from QR or through Travel Agents.
- Change Fees – will be waived if reservations are changed at least 3 days before departure. Fare difference may apply.
- Travel Voucher – Reissue unutilized value for a voucher “To be used for future travel”. This voucher will be valid for one year from its issuance date. Refund penalty shall be waived if cancellations are done at least 3 days before departure
MY FLIGHT CHANGE EXPERIENCE
In February, I booked a flight from Gothenburg in Sweden to Sydney Australia via Doha. It was a decent business class deal, setting me back 22,914 Swedish Krona. That translates to about €2,150 which is an excellent deal. I live in Dublin, so I also booked connecting flights via British Airways, from Dublin to Gothenburg via London Heathrow.
Initially, the operator thought I wanted to change the origin and said I couldn’t do that. Once I explained, he was happy to change the return. Rather than flying Sydney to Doha to Gothenburg, I elected to come straight home, Sydney to Doha to Dublin.
This was all done free of charge, with only two caveats. My original booking is in R class, and there was no R class availability on the day I wanted to travel. There was availability on the day before or the day after so I selected the day before. He also said only one change was permitted, though I do believe that is incorrect and you can change it again.
Of course, this means a longer journey, which I am well used to doing to take advantage of a cheaper fare. With the new 5,000-mile change rule, it meant I could save myself some effort. While I can’t change the outbound, I could change the return. Calling Qatar Airways meant a 15-minute wait on the phone (not bad) and then I asked for my change.
Happily, I had booked my return from Gothenburg as an Avios redemption on British Airways, so I was able to cancel that and have my points and cash refunded, less a small fee. I really dislike having to connect on the return as I like to get home as quickly as possible.
With the flight change, it means I only connect on the outbound, which is fine. Heading out I don’t mind extra flights, as I’m excited for a trip. Now I get to come back without having the extra hassle of two extra flights. An utter joy all around.
The information on the policy is here. Will you be taking advantage of this new Qatar Airways policy? Thank you for reading and if you have any comments or questions, please leave them below.