If you are able to compromise on certain aspects of your flight such as flight class and departure date in order to score the best deal on your trip, then the Southwest Low Fare Calendar is for people like you. When paired with a Rapid Rewards account or credit card, customers are sure to save big when they use this calendar to book travel.
This tool ensures that you will always be getting the lowest prices Southwest has to offer on flights, but there is not a bottomless stash of dirt-cheap tickets. To make the most of this option, try to get to the Low Fare Calendar as soon as you possibly can when booking, and remember to be flexible. This tool most benefits those with wiggle room in their schedule and the foresight to book well in advance.
There are also a couple of tools on the Southwest site that make finding the cheapest fares easier. These are the “Map Search” and the “Flexible Dates” calendar. These two are the best tools for how to find cheap flights on Southwest.
Southwest Flexible Dates Search
As an example, I’ll show you a search from Dallas to Las Vegas. No sales were going on when this was written, so I know cheaper routes can be found during one of Southwest’s big sales.
The search will provide a calendar with the lowest fares on each date for the cities selected. If you like the fare you see, highlight the date on the calendar and click continue near the bottom.
All the fares for the day should pop up, including the low fare indicated on the calendar.
Southwest Map Search Tool
The other low-cost search tool, the “Map Search” is great for finding the cheapest destinations for travel on specific dates. Stated another way, if you know when you want to go, but don’t know where the map search is for you!
Again, you can find the link to the map search function right on Southwest’s main page. From the search page, input the departing city and dates (or dates for one way) for the trip. Next, using the slider at the top right, set the dollar amount (or point amount) to your desired level. The map search tool will display all the cities you can travel to for your set amount or less.
By putting in the month you want to travel, you can see the cheapest days to both leaves and return on, making it easy to compare different travel periods. You can search by one-way, roundtrip, and even multi-city fares, as well as search by different fare types like the lowest possible rate, anytime fares (which are refundable and changeable), or Business Select.
“Whether they are looking to travel on certain days of the week or looking for the best prices across an entire month, we encourage customers to check out our Low Fare Calendar to find some of our lowest fare offerings,” the Southwest spokesman added.
The Southwest Low Fare Calendar also takes the guesswork out of paying with points by allowing you to search for a flight by how many Rapid Rewards points each ticket would cost. Plus, as of January 2020, you can get a Southwest Companion Pass after earning 125,000 points in a year.
And if you’re thinking of going somewhere but don’t know when to go, you can toggle between months to decide when the best, and least expensive, time to fly is.
A search of flights from New York’s LaGuardia Airport to Charleston, South Carolina, for example, reveals a roundtrip flight for as low as $144 in November, which leaves more money to splurge on meals (Charleston is one of the best food cities in the country, after all).
The first step in going on a vacation is deciding to actually go, and the next step is often figuring out when to go and how much it will cost. So on your next trip, use the Low Fare Calendar to take some of the uncertainty out of the equation.
How Far Out Can You Book Southwest Flights?
Even when it comes to flight schedules, Southwest does things a bit differently.
Most airlines across the globe sell flights 11 months in advance, give or take a few days. But Southwest releases its flight schedule in big batches occasionally throughout the year.
When to Book Southwest Tickets on the Low Fare Calendar for the Best Deals
A common misconception with booking trips on the Low Fare Calendar from Southwest is that the earlier you book, the better the price. This is not always the case as it generally is with standard airline bookings.
Southwest is one of the most notorious airlines for changing ticket prices. They do it up to several times per week. Using the Low Fare calendar, you can watch prices rise and fall regularly, so be sure to monitor this often to lock an optimal price.
Southwest Low Fare Calendar: Terms.
- With the help of a low fare calendar by Southwest Airlines, you will be able to get the cheapest deals without missing any dates.
- With the help of a low fare calendar by Southwest Airlines, you will get $45 of superb deals for a one-way flight, and also it can be changed as per your route, destination, and travel class.
- With the help of a low fare calendar by Southwest Airlines, you can also get the best deals by checking for the odd hours and when is the best time to buy tickets for Southwest airlines?
- With the help of a low fare calendar by Southwest Airlines, you can make an advance booking on any specific date.
- With the help of a low fare calendar by Southwest Airlines, you will get the best flight ticket price from other websites.
Advantages Of Southwest Airlines Low Fare Calendar.
- By using this amazing tool, you will not be charged for any change fees on Southwest Airlines. You can make changes whenever you want.
- With this amazing tool, you don’t need to pay any cancellation fees for your Southwest Airlines reservations.
- Also, you will earn 10 Rapid Rewards points on spending every dollar on Southwest Airlines.
- If you are using the low fare calendar tool of Southwest Airlines and after canceling your Southwest Airlines flight booking, you will get flight credit which will be valid for up to 12 months and can be used for your future travel with Southwest Airlines.
These are some of the notable advantages that you will get by using the low fare calendar of Southwest Airlines.
Deals offered by the Airline during Low Fare Calendar Sale
Southwest Airlines is back with the exclusive fare sale, where passengers can avail flight tickets at the minimum cost possible.
- Passengers will get the best deals during this sale, starting from $45 for a one-way trip. Depending upon the route and other factors, round-trip fares might fall to $89. Doesn’t that sound interesting? However, this offer is applicable on the shortest routes only.
- This sale also includes offers at $49 for long route flights, and airfares increase depending upon the flight route.
- Usually, Southwest Airlines’ low fare calendar sale is active twice a year. So, if you want to avail all the benefits and book tickets at low airfares, stay updated about ongoing sales and turn on notifications.
- Airfares might fluctuate with the date of travel, that’s why the airline has released this sale so that passengers can have complete information about the recurring changes in airfare deals.
- Now, the airfares of Southwest Airlines are very low, try to book flight tickets as early as possible to avoid any last-minute hassle.
- If you want to travel internationally, book tickets in advance as the deals are limited. The airline is giving you the chance to book an international trip at the minimum fare.
- If you have booked an itinerary during the sale, you are offered an excess baggage allowance.
- If you are booking a ticket during the sale, you will be offered additional fares and lower airfares.
Do Southwest Airlines Low Fare Calendar purchases earn Rapid Rewards?
Using the Low Fare Calendar is just another convenient way of booking Southwest flights. So, all the same, rules apply regarding earning Rapid Rewards points. If you redeem points for your Southwest flight, you won’t earn any Rapid Rewards.
But if you Book Southwest Flight with cash, you will earn Rapid Rewards points depending on the following factors:
- Your status with Southwest
- The fare type you’ve purchased
Status level – Points earned per $1 spent
Delta Base Fare
- Wanna Get Away: 6 points
- Anytime: 10 points
- Business Select: 12 points
Delta A-List Fare
- Wanna Get Away: 7.5 points
- Anytime: 12.5 points
- Business Select: 15 points
Delta A-List Preferred Fare
- Wanna Get Away: 12 points
- Anytime: 20 points
- Business Select: 24 points
How To Use the Southwest Low Fare Calendar?
To use the Southwest Low Fare Calendar, go to the page and follow these 6 steps:
- Fill in the Depart box
- Fill in the Depart Month
- Fill in the Arrive box
- Fill in the Arrive Month
- Fill in the number of passengers
- Click Search
Once you fill in your dates, you will see all the dates of the month and their fares.
Southwest Low Fare Calendar Restrictions
There are some restrictions with Southwest fares that you need to know about. Here are some of the major ones.
- Until purchased, all fares are subject to change.
- The fares don’t apply to multiple persons (there may be only one flight left at a particular price).
- “Unavailable” indicates the corresponding fare is unavailable for the selected dates.
- “Sold Out” indicates that Southwest has no more seats in the particular fare type.
- “Invalid w/ Depart or Return Dates” indicates that Southwest can’t return a valid itinerary option(s) with the search criteria submitted.
To make sure you’re getting the best deal possible on your Southwest flight, head straight to the Southwest Low Fare Calendar. This calendar allows you to search month by month, quickly showing you the dates with the cheapest fares. Just look for the Low Fare Calendar option on Southwest’s homepage.
How to Save Money on Southwest Airlines
Here are 18 insanely easy ways you can save money on Southwest Airlines flights, score discounted Southwest tickets, and even get free flights!
- Join Rapid Rewards: Rapid Reward is a free program that allows you to accumulate and earn points with every flight, hotel stay, rental car, vacation, and travel experience. These Rapid Rewards Points can then be redeemed for free flights!
- Get a Southwest Airlines Credit Card: With the Southwest Premier Credit Card, you’ll get 2x the points per $1 spent on Southwest Airlines flights, hotels, and car rentals, as well as 1 point per $1 spent on everyday purchases.
Plus, let’s not forget about a 6,000-point bonus after your cardmember anniversary. PLUS, they have a ridiculous signup bonus.
You can get 50,000 Rapid Reward Points after you spend $2,000 in 3 months.
- Buy Southwest Airlines Gift Cards at a Discount: You can save anywhere from 2-4% on Southwest Airlines gift cards when you buy them from Raise.
- Subscribe to Click ‘N Save: By joining Southwest’s Click ‘N Save program, you’ll be able to receive notifications whenever a new deal is available based on your home airport preferences. This will even help determine the best time for you to book your next flight.
- Upgrade to Business Select at the Airport: If you love being the first one on the plane so that you can snag an exit row or the first row, then you probably invested in a Business Select ticket (or even Early Bird).
- Join Southwest Rapid Rewards Dining: Rapid Rewards Dining is by far the easiest way to earn points just by eating out. All you need to do is join for free, register your credit card or debit card, dine at any of the 11,000 participating restaurants, bars, or clubs, and pay for your meal with your registered card.
- Join Rapid Rewards Shopping: All you need to do to get started is on their website, search for participating online stores, click on a store/offer, complete a purchase, and you’ll get points posted to your account. It’s that easy! Plus, some stores participate in some incredible offers so you can definitely rack up a lot of reward points.
- Recheck Your Existing Flight’s Price During Flash Sales: One of the worst feelings in the world is buying something one day and the next day finding out its 40% cheaper or heavily discounted. But thanks to Southwest Airlines, zero change fees, you can now book your flight with confidence.
- Book Your Rental Car Through Southwest: Since earning Rapid Reward Points is by far the easiest way to save money on Southwest flights and vacations, booking your rental car through them is almost a no-brainer.
- Join Rocket Miles: RocketMiles is a pretty cool hotel rate search engine owned by Priceline that will reward you in airline miles (or points) whenever you complete a stay through them. Literally, all you have to do is sign up for a free account, link your Rapid Rewards account number, search for hotels, and start to earn points after each stay at qualified hotels.
Literally, with some hotel stays, you can earn 8,000 Rapid Reward points which is a one-way ticket!
- Check the Southwest Magazine for Airport Parking Coupons: Southwest’s in-flight magazine Southwest: The Magazine, usually will include coupons for airport parking garages and local restaurants between articles.
- Get a Companion Pass: With a Southwest Airlines Companion Pass, your spouse, your best friend, or your mother, or whomever you choose as your companion can fly with you for FREE. The kicker is that you need to fly 100 one-way flights or acre 110,000 Rapid Reward Points in a calendar year.
- If delayed, complain: If your flight has even been delayed due to mechanical issues (or if you just had an overall poor experience), be sure to give Southwest your feedback and they’ll typically give you a cash voucher for your next flights.
- Always Check out the Southwest Promotions Page: The number of unadvertised deals and promotions that Southwest Airlines is quite stunning. Sure, there are always those ridiculous flash sales that will crash the site, but if you check the “Special Offers‘tab, you’ll notice a few great ongoing deals and promotions that you can take advantage of.
- Buy Rapid Reward Points or Receive as Gifts: If you ever wanted to purchase a flight with points but found yourself short, it sometimes would be cheaper to just buy more points for your account as opposed to just purchasing the full fare ticket.
Plus, if you time it right, Southwest will offer deals where they’ll give anywhere up to 60% more Rapid Reward points per purchase.
- Share Your Opinion to get Rapid Reward Points: You can actually earn Rapid Reward Points just by filling out a few simple surveys and watching videos or ads. Here’s how.
- Compare Nearby Airports: If you are flying out of an area that has multiple airports, you should price check your flights for each applicable location.
- Take the Earliest or Latest Flight: This isn’t always 100% accurate or always the cheapest, but in general, the earliest nonstop flight of the day and the latest one is typically the cheapest option.
- Southwest Airline Military Discount Fares: Southwest Airlines is proud to offer Military Fares for the men, women, and their dependents of our U.S. Armed Forces.
In order to take advantage of this Southwest Airlines military discount, you must be on active duty and be able to present valid identification when traveling. To book a Southwest Airlines military fare, call 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-888-6660-1594).
- Use Rapid Reward Points to Get TSA Precheck: Did you know that you could actually use your Rapid Reward Points to cover your application fee for TSA Precheck? That’s right! All you need is 9,000 points. Click here to start flying through security.
If you are planning to book a flight with Southwest Airlines for an upcoming journey, you need to know all about Southwest Airlines Baggage allowance, restrictions, fees, and charges.
The Wanna Get Away flights with Southwest Airlines are great because of the savings they offer, especially if you find a good deal. However, you should know that cancellation policies will be different than those applied to other tickets. If you are very sure of your travel dates when booking a flight, the cancellation policy…
Southwest Airlines Manage Booking – If your flight has been delayed or disrupted, you can easily change your Southwest Reservation online or on your phone with no change fees (applicable fare difference may apply). Call ✆ Reservations Team:(234) 231-8148 View or Share Your Itinerary Make sure your ride home is there on time. Look up your flight,…
If you are able to compromise on certain aspects of your flight such as flight class and departure date in order to score the best deal on your trip, then the Southwest Low Fare Calendar is for people like you. When paired with a Rapid Rewards account or credit card, customers are sure to save…
Here’s how to rebook Southwest Flight and get some money back Southwest Airlines is known and loved for its lack of fees. As part of the airline’s “Transparency” policy, all Southwest passengers can check up to two bags for free and can change or cancel their flight with no fee. Here’s how to rebook and…
Southwest Airlines Cancellation: If you are willing to cancel a booked flight ticket then you must have to be proactive to go through the Southwest Airlines check-in process helps to change and cancel a flight ticket in no time. It would be good in case you feel like obtaining the policy in order to cancel…
Right now, Southwest Airlines Flight Change is one of the best flight change policies I have ever seen. Between certain dates, you can change your flight for free AND not have to pay the fare difference! Here are the details. Complete insights into Southwest change flight rules and all the other information related to it…
Southwest Airlines Name Change/Correction Policy for Domestic & International Tickets: All you need to know
Southwest Airlines Flight change! Name Change! Name Corrections! Policy! fee On any airline, you have twenty-four hours to correct the error charge-free, whether you need to change a single letter or the entire name. For this reason, passengers should always review their confirmations immediately after purchasing. If it’s been more than 24 hours, that’s when…
If you miss a flight that is not because of another Southwest delay you are SOL. Your problem, not theirs. You receive zero priority for later flights and subject to seat availability and fare difference just as any other passenger wishing to make a flight change. If you are A-List, there are standby options but…