Spirit Cancellation Policy
Our post will help you state the Spirit Cancellation policy and show you how you can cancel the flight and seek your refund. If a passenger wants to cancel their flight, you may qualify for the due refund under the spirit cancellation policy. Here are the conditions that will help you in claiming the refund and are as follows:
- Flight Cancellation with Spirit Airlines made at least 60 days before departure qualifies for a full refund.
- Flight cancellations with Spirit Airlines within a day or 24 hours of ticket booking and departing after at least seven days or more can get you a full refund.
- Flights delayed for two hours or more will qualify for a full refund.
- If the flight is rescheduled, it qualifies for a full refund.
- Special situations like jury duty, serious illness, death, etc., also qualify for a full refund but are subject to the documented evidence and depend upon the discretion of Spirit Airlines.
In other circumstances, travelers are charged a fee on cancellation with Spirit Airlines.
If you prefer, you can call in and have a phone agent walk you through the cancellation process by calling 801-401-2222.
Spirit Airlines 24-hour Cancellation Policy:
The Spirit Airlines Cancellation policy for 24 hours allows the traveler to cancel their flight within a day or 24 hours of ticket booking and opt for a full refund in case the flight departs at least 7 days later or more. The policy is applicable for all kinds of fares.
Travelers who tend to cancel their ticket within seven days of departure or after 24 hours are over after purchasing the ticket will be charged a due fee.
Spirit Airlines flight cancellation due to bad weather:
If your Spirit Airlines flight is canceled due to bad weather or conditions that are out of the scope of Spirit Airlines, you have to look for your accommodation arrangements. Spirit Airlines will try to make all possible efforts to provide you with relevant information to help you secure the right accommodation but will not pay for the same. If your following flight is canceled due to bad weather and will not serve your purpose, you can cancel your ticket and opt for reservation eCredits to be redeemed later for ticket booking.
How to cancel your flight with Spirit Airlines?
To cancel your flight or modify your booking, you can follow the below-stated steps:
- Reach out to the official website of Spirit Airlines
- Now Hit on the tab “My Trips.”
- Follow the next page and enter your last name, confirmation code, etc.
- Now click on continue, and you will land on the reservation summary page.
- Choose the cancel reservation tab and hit it.
- The refund amount is reflected on the last page.
How Do I Get in Touch with Spirit Airlines?
There are various ways to connect with Spirit Airlines: Such:
Connect via Phone: just call Spirit Airlines 1-855-SAVE-555 (855-728-3555) or (888) 635-5228 other information is also available on the official website of Spirit Airlines and direct connection with the travel representative for any issue.
By dialing Spirit Airlines' customer service phone number, you can directly talk get through the customer service team for getting immediate assistance and it is possible when you go through the below IVR options:
- Dial Spirit Airlines' phone numbers from a phone.
- Press 1, for the booking or reservations.
- Press 2, for the feedback or complaint.
- Press 3, for the baggage or refund.
- Press 9, to speak to a live person at Spirit Airlines.
Connect via Email: Just compose an email and write the issue or complaint and send it to the official website address of Spirit Airlines and get the revert back within 48 working hours with the proper solution. You can simply submit your complaint via email regarding the queries related to Spirit Airlines through the below steps:
- Go to the official Spirit Airlines website from your browser and then click on the Contact Us section.
- Now look for the Complete this form option.
- Now you can select a reason that you need assistance.
- After that, you can simply enter your personal and other details into the given field.
- Now you can enter your queries or complaint into the given box.
- Now click on Submit tab and the team of customer service will immediately get in touch with you.
Connect via Live Chat: This is the very best facility where the passenger can directly connect with travel representatives via chat and solve any type of issue related to Spirit airlines. Spirit Airlines provides the option of online chat that can be obtained to get effective assistance from a live person on all sorts of problems. You can get the live chat from the customer service team through the below steps:
- Go to the official Spirit Airlines website through your browser.
- Scroll down and then click on the Contact us section.
- Click on the Click on Chat Now! Button.
- You can select a query for which you need assistance from the given list.
- After that, you can start chatting with a live representative to obtain assistance.
- You can also ask them to get a callback and then you may also talk to a live person.
Via social media: You can also follow Spirit Airlines over the different social media platforms where live representatives will help you regarding the different queries in a simple way. You can text at 48763 by describing your queries or you can directly contact them through Whatsapp at 1-855-SAVE-555 (855-728-3555). You can get their immediate and relevant assistance anytime as they are 24/7 available.
Spirit Airlines Refund Policy
Remember, the refund policy with Spirit Airlines is quite simple, and they follow strict guidelines. Here the airlines state to offer refundable fares, and they have kept low fares for all their travelers. They are entitled to a refund if only:
- A ticket is canceled for 60 days or more before departure.
- The ticket is canceled in 24 hours and is said to be departing at least 7 days later.
- Spirit Airlines itself cancels the flight.
- In case your flight is already delayed for two hours or more.
- Spirit Airlines has rescheduled your flight, and the new timing doesn’t suit you.
- You had to cancel the flight due to serious scenarios like death, jury duty, illness, etc., but remember you need to produce the documentary evidence and send it to Spirit Airlines and wait for their response.
Spirit Airlines Cancellations Fees
The airlines charge the same price for cancellation as their modification fees. Spirit Airlines never sell refundable tickets, and all tickets are non-refundable with them if the 24-hour cancellation policy is not followed. The passenger may have to pay for the cancellation charges, irrespective of whether the tickets were booked via points or cash.
Here’s the sliding scale of fees based on how many days before departure you cancel or change your flight:
|Days before departure||Fee|
|60 or more days.||Free.|
|31 to 59 days.||$69.|
|7 to 30 days.||$99.|
|0 to 6 days.||$119.|
Being a traveler, if you’re booking your tickets, you can use the Flight Flex add-on, which will allow you to make modifications to your booking once for free of cost, but you cannot cancel your ticket for free. If you try to do so, you will be entitled to pay standard cancellation charges depending upon the time before the flight departure you are making the cancellation.
The Spirit Airlines cancellation policy for awards tickets is quite similar to the standard ones. If you cancel the Spirit Airlines post-24-hour window, you will be charged the cancellation fees depending upon the flight’s departure.
On cancellation, your refunded points will then be redeposited in your account.
Do note that you can only cancel the award ticket via your mobile.
Canceled Flight Compensation at Spirit Airlines:
If the flight departing from a European Union airport is delayed or canceled, it will be covered under EC 261 law. Below are the detailed pointers about EC261 coverage:
- Flight Cancellations are announced less than 14 days before the departure.
- Flights are delayed for more than three hours.
Have a look at the below pointers, which EC261 does not cover:
- Flights departing from any non-EU airport
- Flights are disrupted because of extraordinary situations not under Spirit Airlines’ control. The scenarios may be security threats, bad weather, political unrest, airport strikes, medical emergencies, etc.
Canceled flight compensation with Spirit Airlines is only subject to significant flight delays. If the airline is offering you another flight that will take you to the destination at the same time as your booking, you are not entitled to any compensation.
Below is the list of some of the canceled flight compensations rules with Spirit Airlines, have a look:
- For the Spirit Airlines flight under 1500 km, the compensation offered will always be limited to 250 Euro for every traveler.
- For domestic flights within the European Union distance exceeding 1500 km, the compensation will always be limited to 400 Euros.
- For international flights between 1500 to 3,500 km, the compensation will always be limited to 400 Euro for every traveler.
- For international European Union flights for distances exceeding 3500 km, the compensation will always be limited to 600 Euro for every traveler.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Will Spirit Airlines provide refunds for canceling?
If Spirit Airlines have canceled the flight, you will need to receive a reservation credit for traveling in future, or you can also ask for a refund to the original mode of payment. If you have canceled the flight and in case you do not qualify for any refund, you tend to receive the reservation credit value of 49-99 USD, being deducted from the booking amount. Here, the cancellation fees depend upon when you are canceling the ticket.
What do you mean by Spirit Airlines reservation credits?
The reservation credits of Spirit Airlines are the credits that can be used for traveling in future. You can avail of these credits via a confirmation code sent to you by Spirit Airlines via email once you have canceled any of your trips. The reservation credit is a six-digit alphanumeric code that can be used to buy fares, book tickets, and purchase holiday packages. The passengers can redeem the reservation credits via the Spirit Airlines official website online or via their phone but cannot access it through the mobile app.
How to cancel Spirit Airlines Membership fees?
One of the easiest ways to cancel the Savers Spirit Membership is to visit the official website of Spirit Airlines and login and enter details. You can follow the on-screen notification for canceling the membership. Once the steps are completed, a confirmation message will be sent, and your membership will be canceled. The user will receive an email within a day confirming the cancellation. On canceling the membership, you cannot avail the benefits that were available to you.
What is the Spirit Airlines cancellation policy, as death is one of the reasons?
Spirit Cancellation policy states that a passenger can opt for cancellation due to the death of any of their kin and can receive a refund for any unused portion of the dead traveler’s ticket. For processing the request, the relatives had to submit a death certificate or other proof to the Spirit Airlines Guest relations department.
How much time will it take for Spirit Airlines to be able to refund your money?
Spirit Airlines offers refund times ranging from 7 to 20 business days. The traveler can expect the refund within 7 days from Spirit Airlines via Credit or Debit card. If you have paid the money in cash or via cheque, you can expect 20 business days from Spirit Airlines to seek a refund. Remember that the Airlines will be providing you with a refund towards the same payment mode made at the booking time. While making a payment via cash, you can contact the Spirit Airlines office at the airport.
What is the Spirit Airlines cancellation policy for medical emergencies?
Spirit Airlines cancellations for medical emergencies are always subject to the fare terms and conditions. Suppose you are booking a non-refundable ticket and are not adding travel insurance for the reservation. In that case, the traveler will be charged for the cancellation fees unless you tend to cancel at least 60 days before departure or on the day of buying the ticket departing at least seven days later.
In case the traveler has died while or before traveling, Spirit Airlines will refund the unutilized value of the booking on submission of the relevant document to the Spirit Airlines office.
What are my options if Spirit Airlines cancels my flight last minute?
If Spirit Airlines cancels your flight last minute, you can choose to opt for the alternative flight being offered to you or cancel it and avail full refund.
What are the Spirit Airlines cancellation fees?
The Spirit Airline cancellation fees, as stated above, will always depend upon when you are canceling your ticket.
The cancellation fee will be 49 USD if the traveler cancels seven to sixty days before departure. It can be 99 USD if you cancel seven days before departure. If you do not want to be charged any cancellation fees, cancel within 24 hours of your purchase, and your flight should depart seven days later.
View more about spirit flight
How to connect with Live Person over the phone at Spirit Airlines Methods to reach Spirit Airlines Customer Representative How to Reach Live Person at Spirit Airlines Spirit Airlines Voice Menu. Press 1 to check in for flight today or tomorrow is on time.Press 2 for baggage help.Press 3 for updates and changes to an…
What happens if you miss your flight Spirit Airlines? Rules for this vary based on airline. The legacy carriers in the US will give your seat away if you are not checked in within 15 minutes of published departure. On the other end of the spectrum, Spirit Airlines tickets are only good for that particular…
Spirit Airlines Name change Policy Spirit Airlines’ name change policy means that you can edit or change your name on the flight ticket which you have already booked. Spirit will allow some itinerary changes (for a fee of up to $120) and its Contract of Carriage confirms that tickets may be canceled within 24 hours…
Spirit Airlines Flight Change: However, for such an unavoidable event to happen and you have to cancel or change your flight, you should know if it’s possible to do that with your chosen airline. And in this article, we’ll discuss more the policies of Spirit Airlines regarding canceling and changing flights. What is Spirit Airlines…
Booking with Spirit Airlines: When searching for flights on sites like Kayak or Expedia and sorting by the lowest price, you’ll likely spot some options from Spirit Airlines. But is flying with the budget carrier worth it? Spirit operates about 500 flights every day and covers more than 60 destinations within the U.S., Latin America, and the…
Spirit Airlines Cancellation Policy & fee: Spirit charges have a tiered system for flight change and cancellation fees. Changes made 60+ days from departure are free. Then, flights changed or canceled 15 to 59 days from departure are $39, 7 to 14 days are $59 and 0 to 6 days are $79. Spirit elite members…
Unlike other US airlines, Spirit Airlines doesn’t offer you a low fare calendar to book flights. But the airline does offer you the Spirit Airlines Flight Deal Finder option. Using this feature, you can find the price of a flight to your selected destination. It provides you a collection of low-cost flight deals on Spirit…
Spirit Airlines offers a free online check-in service that allows you to check in for your flight and print your boarding pass. Check-in begins 24 hours before departure and ends one hour prior to departure. If you do not check-in online, Spirit kiosks at the airport are self-service and easy to use. Customer Service Agents…
If you want to make any changes in your Spirit airlines booking, then you can do it within 24 hours from the scheduled departure via the Manage Booking option. If you want to add on any special service in your booking then also you can go for it by using this option but if we…