Starting June 1, United customers on most United Airlines Reservations over two hours will be able to purchase beer, wine and White Claw® Hard Seltzer, making United the first major airline to offer the hard seltzer onboard its aircraft. On June 15, United will introduce a revamped menu of for-purchase snacks and brand-new premium cabin meal options on most flights over 1,500 miles and hub-to-hub flights over 800 miles or more than two hours. Customers will be able to purchase these offerings from the Buy-On-Board menu using United’s new mobile wallet technology.
Many airlines are looking to make a comeback this summer as the pandemic dies down. With that being the case, it appears that some airlines are attempting to make a better experience available to more passengers on more flights.
United Airlines will provide customers on most flights over two hours the opportunity to purchase beer, wine, and other alcoholic drinks. In a press release, the company announced that it was expanding this service and introducing a revamped menu.
This menu will be offered to most flights over 1,500 miles, or on hub-to-hub trips over 800 miles.
Toby Enqvist, chief customer officer for United, said, “We know that having a wide variety of gourmet food and beverage options is important to our customers and we look forward to introducing these exciting, new options to enhance their flying experience. Our new contactless payment technology enables us to safely introduce this new menu on select flights as we continue to see more customers return to flying.”
Passengers will reportedly be able to make purchases mid-flight through the new mobile wallet technology developed by United. According to the press release, customers will order food and a credit card associated with the seat they’re sitting in will be charged for the purchase.
In regards to the drinks, passengers will have a variety of wine options to choose from and a selection of beers that includes Michelob Ultra and Stella Artois. Fans of hard seltzer are also in luck, as White Claw Mango will also be on the menu.
Call United Airlines Reservations Phone Number (877) 681-0056), which is active 24/7 for customer support. If you seek any advice and assistance regarding flight tickets in an emergency, dial and get in touch with the experts
New Adult Beverage Menu
United’s revamped adult beverage menu features a number of options sourced locally from United’s hubs, along with customer favorites from iconic brands. The new menu includes:
- White Claw® Mango
- Breckenridge Brewery Juice Drop Hazy IPA
- Kona Brewing Co. Big Wave Golden Ale
- Michelob ULTRA®
- Stella Artois®
- Red, white and sparkling wine options
New Snack Boxes
United’s new snack boxes offer three distinct experiences for travelers of all ages and tastes:
- Tapas Box: Hummus, bruschetta, breadstick crackers, flatbread crackers, sea salt almonds, olives, dark chocolate sea salt caramel
- Takeoff Box: Salami, apricots, gouda cheese spread, white cheddar cheese spread, multigrain crackers, cream crackers, smoked almonds, Toblerone®
- Recline Box: Pirate’s Booty® white cheddar puffs, honey mustard pretzels, gummi bears, OREO® cookies
New A la Carte Options
In addition to the popular Pringles® Classic potato chips, United is adding three new a la carte snacks to its menu to give customers a larger variety of options, including high-protein and gluten-free options. The revamped menu includes:
- Trü Frü Banana Bites: hyper-dried bananas covered in dark chocolate
- Food Should Taste Good™ Chips & Salsa Box: gluten-free, sweet potato “tortilla” chips with roasted pepper salsa
- GourmetNut Mega Omega Trail Mix: snack mix with walnuts, dried mango, almonds, cranberries, pumpkin seeds
How Contactless Payment Works:
To purchase select drinks and snack items onboard a flight, United’s contactless payment system allows customers to store their payment information in a digital wallet on the United app and on United.com prior to departure.
- Once in flight, customers can access a menu to view available items either on the United app and in Hemispheres.
- Rather than handing the flight attendant a credit card, the flight attendant will ask for the customer’s name and seat to confirm the card on file.
- Once confirmed, customers will receive their products and the card on file will be charged accordingly.
For information on snacks available for purchase and step-by-step instructions on how to store a payment method and FAQs, visit United.com/snacktime.
New Domestic Premium Cabin Menu Items
United is also introducing brand-new meal offerings to customers seated in domestic premium cabins on flights over 1,500 miles and hub-to-hub flights over 800 miles. The enhanced meal service includes a choice of entrees – including fresher options like egg scramble with plant-based chorizo and grilled chicken breast with orzo and lemon basil pesto – sides and dessert. United has also partnered with Eli’s Cheesecake to create a uniquely United chocolate pie flavor called “Pie in the Sky.” The meals will be served on one tray, with items individually wrapped, to limit person-to-person contact and further the safety of our employees and customers.
Committed to Ensuring a Safer Journey
United is committed to putting health and safety at the forefront of every customer’s journey, with the goal of delivering an industry-leading standard of cleanliness through its United CleanPlus℠ program. United has teamed up with Clorox and Cleveland Clinic to redefine cleaning and health safety procedures from check-in to landing and has implemented more than a dozen new policies, protocols and innovations designed with the safety of customers and employees in mind.
SOURCE United Airlines