United Airlines allows valid and minor name changes only. A completely new name is not acceptable. Passengers changing their middle or last name must have authentic documents to prove their name change due to any legal reason like marriage, divorce, and others.
United Airlines Name changes/corrections Policy
When a passenger has misspelled the name and wants to make changes to the itinerary, he can do so in accordance with the United Airlines Name Change Policy. Simply United Airlines mentioned below and does not require supporting documentation:
- Correct the spelling of the passenger’s name.
- Correct the spelling of the last passenger number.
- Change a name to a nickname or vice versa.
- Make changes or correct the prefix or title.
- Add or remove a middle name or initial.
- Make corrections to the passenger’s first and last name backward.
Critical name changes/fixes: United Airlines
Apart from these, there are also some major name changes/fixes that need legal documentation to proceed. Let’s take a look at the following supporting legal documents:
- Divorce Agreement
- Marriage certificate
- Another government-issued document with your old name and the new one
Alternative name affidavit option: United Airlines
United Airlines also offers the alternative name affidavit option for its visitors. In case you are unable to submit the legal documentation mentioned above, you can submit a name affidavit option.
Additionally, the name affidavit states your name change along with a copy of your government-issued identification. So you have another legitimate way to make corrections to your name on the ticket with United Airlines. Customers are always on the softest surface when a business vigorously attacks their well-being and comfort.
Significant name changes: United Airlines
Some of the name changes require legal or supporting documents, as mentioned below:
- Divorce decree
- Marriage license
- Legal name change document
- Government-issued ID reflecting current and former names.
How to Change Name on United Airlines MileagePlus Account
To change your name on your United MileagePlus account, send a copy of your marriage license, old passport or license, and new passport or license, as well as a cover letter with your MileagePlus account information (number, phone number, mailing address, and email) to the following address:
MileagePlus Service Center
P.O. Box 1394
Houston, TX 77251-1394
United Airlines Name Correction Fee
You should review the fare conditions United Airlines has listed on their website if you’re interested in changing your name or making any other changes to it:
- A fee of approximately $75 US will be charged if you request a name change with United Airlines within one day of your initial purchase.
- However, there will be a fee of between 100 and 200 USD per way if your name change takes more than 24 hours.
Now that you are aware of some of the key limitations imposed by United Airlines about changes, you ought to know exactly how to avoid paying the name change fee. However, you can contact United Airlines’ customer service department if you experience any technical problems while attempting to change the name.
To call about an existing reservation, use the United customer service number 1-(888) 217-2974. For reservation assistance in the U.S. and Canada, call (888) UNITEDAIRLINES 217-2974, TDD/TTY: 1-800-323-0170.
United Airlines Name Correction Policy
However, the alteration or correction must be considered minor to adhere to United Airlines Name Change Policy, Travelers must double-check that any government-issued identification or passports match their new name after changing it.
United Airlines Name change Policy allows for all these alterations provided that the ticketed name must match the government-issued ID/passport. Add to that, the DOB and the gender must remain identical with the government-issued ID/passport
- First/Middle/Last Names
- Nickname to Legal name
- Inverted Names Adding Middle name
- Adding an additional last name
OSI United Airlines name change waiver code would be applicable
Adding a legal name under the circumstances of Marriage, Divorce, and Adoption
United Airlines Add Middle Name
Middle names are not a requirement for travel, and therefore it does not need to be added to your reservation. For a flight departing or landing in the U.S. or an international station, middle names can be added to the secure flight information when completing your online check-in 24 hours before departure.
As per United Airlines Name Change policy, middle name correction requires rebooking the correct name in a new reservation
Different Ways To Connect With The Live United Airlines Live Person
Connecting with a live United Airlines live person is easy. There are several ways you can get in touch with them and get your questions answered, including:
- Chat: Chat live with a representative 24/7 through our website or mobile app. You can also use chat to check on your flight status or make changes to your reservation.
- Email: Email us at [email address]. Please include your name, flight number, and date of travel in the subject line so we can answer your question as quickly as possible.
- Phone: Call United Ticket Agent at (833) UNITEDAIRLINES 844-1239. Agents are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you with any booking issues, Cancellations, or changes to your itinerary.
The rules and regulations governing United Airlines Name Change procedure:
You cannot entirely alter the name on the ticket or transfer ownership to another party. On the other hand, you can only change the misspelled letters if you meet the conditions listed below:
- Changes to the passenger’s name can only be made if United operates the flight.
- You can only change your name for the journey segment flown by United Airlines if you bought the ticket using a code share.
- Additionally, United Airlines permits you to reissue your ticket at no additional cost after making the appropriate changes to your passenger name.
- You will need to pay a change fee and any necessary additional airfare if you need to make any additional name changes to your current United Airlines reservation.
- According to the United Airlines name change policy, you cannot change the flight date, time, or fare classes.
- Under no circumstances is it possible to modify a passenger’s gender or date of birth when requesting a name change with United Airlines.
- A traveler will only be permitted to make a modest change to their date of birth if they booked their flight incorrectly.
- With United Airlines, you are only permitted to make one adjustment to your reservation before you must pay a hefty penalty and go through the proper paperwork to make any additional changes.
Guidelines for changing a passenger’s name on a ticket bought from United Airlines
United Airlines Name Correction process must initiate the name correction on the existing PNR, if that is not possible then create a new six-digit record locator with the correct passenger name.
Always secure the same booking class as ticketed, if that is not possible the flights must be rebooked in the lowest available fare class.
The OSI entry must be added at the time of name correction, and to be added to both the new and the existing PNR. Example – OSI UA NAME CORRECTION
Secure Flight Passenger Data (SFPD) must be re-entered with the newly corrected name and must match with the date of birth and the gender details provided at the time of original booking. As per United Airlines name correction policy, changes to both the name and the date of birth/gender are not permitted.
Proceed to the voluntary exchange on the ticket and collect the United Airlines name change fee along with any fare difference at the time of reissue.
Also, changing the passenger’s name is a simple process with the aid of the subsequent procedures. If the modification occurs the same day, United Airlines may charge you a fee for modifying.
United Airlines Policy Variations for Changing a Passenger’s Name
Three different categories can be made out of the rules regarding name changes. One of these types has an affidavit that differs from the one initially provided. United Airlines’ procedure for altering a passenger’s name ensures there won’t be any issues when the consumer travels. Consequently, two different types have been made available for their convenience as follows:
Type 1: Modifications to a Simple Name
United Airlines will modify the reservation by their name modifications policy when a passenger’s name appears on their ticket incorrectly. Travelers can experiment with various techniques if the ticket has a few minor flaws. There is no need for official documentation for simple and minor faults.
Before a specific name change may be accomplished, the following additional considerations must be addressed:
- Only when there is a slight change in the surname is it permitted to change the spelling?
- The only item that needs to be altered, if there is only a little modification, is how the first name is spelled.
- Make a more recognized change to your name.
- When making quick changes, it’s crucial to adapt prefixes.
- Change your first or middle name, or drop one altogether.
- Correcting the wrong last names and first names is important.
Type 2: Significant Changes to the Original Name
In the event of a divorce or marriage, you must disclose your new name to the other party. The data you have may need to be significantly adjusted. According to the regulation controlling name changes, making significant changes is much more difficult than making minor changes. They need the necessary documentation to carry out the operation.
The following is additional information to bear in mind:
- One of the many life events that might lead to a name change is a divorce. You must therefore present the papers outlining the separation settlement to accomplish that.
- A marriage document must be presented to legalize a name change.
- In any situation, you must show a photo ID that includes both your old and new information.
Type 3: Affidavit, commonly known as an Affidavit with an Alternative Name
By United Airlines policy, a service for changing a traveler’s name is the provision of an affidavit with the new name. There will be circumstances, like those mentioned above when you won’t have the required papers. You will then have the option to create an affidavit. This paper will prove to be useful when altering the name. This information can also be used to generate a copy of the photo ID.
How to request a name change for MileagePlus Account
- Please make any necessary changes to the name on your MileagePlus account through your MileagePlus account profile.
- For a significant name change, locate and upload a copy of the required supporting documentation.
Please allow up to two weeks for United to process the change.
How do I add my wife to my MileagePlus account?
Log in to each of your MileagePlus accounts. You can log in with your account number, your username, or your primary email address. …
- Select the account number you prefer to keep. …
- Submit your merge request.
Can you change your name on a flight ticket United?
United® and MileagePlus® reserve the right at their discretion to require written legal documentation for any name change request received (including marital status, military titles, titles and suffixes, nicknames, hyphenated names to any of its variations, inverted name changes, misspelled names, etc.).
What are the fees charged for the name change in United Airlines?
Up to two hours before the departure of their flight, travelers may request a change with United Airlines for a fee of $200 per passenger for each direction in addition to any applicable pricing difference, if any.
In addition to any applicable fare difference, a fee of $75 each will be charged if the reservation is made during the first twenty-four hours following the purchase.
How can you change your name spelling for United Airlines tickets?
Within the first twenty-four hours of booking a flight, if you discover a mistake, you should immediately cancel the ticket, follow the steps to get a full refund, and then rebook the flight with the correct passenger name. Please don’t hesitate to contact us at the number listed with the new name after twenty-four hours. Please be informed that name changes are subject to a fee in addition to the relevant fare difference, per United Airlines’ policy regarding name changes.
How can I change my name on a United Airlines ticket?
You can adjust the reservation you made with United Airlines, yes. As a result, the following conditions must be met:
- The flight’s operating carrier must be United Airlines.
- If a name modification request is made for a code-share or interline agreement flight, United Airlines will only accept it for the segment of United’s route.
- The first ticket in the inventory must be 016.
- There can be one and only one reprint per ticket for a name change on a United Airlines ticket.
- No alterations to the flight’s date, time, fare classes, or fare basis code will be approved by United Airlines’ policies governing name changes.
- The name on the ticket and the name on the government-issued photo ID must match minor name changes to be permitted at the time of travel for United Airlines tickets.
- If the passenger’s name is already on the ticket and you ask United Airlines to change it, you won’t be able to change the passenger’s gender or date of birth.
What if I need to put my middle name on my plane ticket to United?
You can travel if your middle name needs to be added to your United Airlines ticket. As indicated by United Airlines name change policy, a missing center name won’t keep you from boarding onto the trip as long as the first and keep-going names on the ticket match the name on your government-provided ID.
Even so, contacting the United Airlines customer service group at the earliest possible time to address the mistake is recommended. The customer service team will give further guidelines on the most proficient method to refresh your pass to incorporate your middle name.
How to request a name change?
To request a United Airlines name change, please follow the steps below:
- Make the necessary changes to the name of the Mileage Plus account through the passenger profile.
- For a meaningful name change, find and upload the supporting documents.
- For more details on the United Airlines name change and the fare involved in making changes, a passenger can contact the reservation center. Representatives will assist passengers with all the necessary details for a name change. The support team is available 24 hours a day and can be contacted according to a suitable time interval. Contact details are provided on the official United Airlines website.
Can I transfer my United Airlines ticket to another person?
United Airlines does not allow passengers to transfer a ticket to another person. Under United’s 24-hour flexible booking policy, if your ticket was purchased through United in the last 24 hours and you completed your purchase one week or more before the originally scheduled departure flight, it may qualify for a waiver of change or cancellation fees. Basic Economy tickets are not eligible for changes but are eligible for a full refund within 24 hours of booking as long as you completed your purchase one week or more before the originally scheduled departure flight.
United Airlines Reservations Phone Numbers: Flight Tickets Booking & Cancellations, Flight Change, etc.
There are times when you miss your flight. Do not worry we have got your back. Just try these tips and get on the earliest United flight. If you are at the airport, just locate the help desk and request them to find your next flight, United will provide you with the boarding pass then…
United Airlines: All About Name Changes or Name Correction Restrictions Did you misspell the name when making the United Airlines booking? Whenever a passenger has misspelled his/her name on the United Airlines ticket, it can be corrected according to the name correction/change policy. If a passenger has booked a flight with United Airlines and has…
How to change or cancel a United flight – Same-Day Change, Standy, Policy & Fee United Airlines Flight Change Policy: United Airlines will allow you to change certain eligible flights but if your fare is not unrestricted you will be forced to pay a fee that will depend on your route. Most flights will not…
The fear of having your flight canceled often plagues the minds of many people who like to travel. Imagine yourself on a beach with its beautiful waves and fresh sea food, but you might be left with an awful feeling when things go south and we are left with only one option which is the…
Does the United Manage Booking assist the traveler with the itinerary they choose? Yes, United Airlines allows its passengers to view their flight details online through this manage reservation helpdesk. When passengers have already booked a United flight, they can easily use the United Airlines manage my booking feature. Follow the simple steps below and make desired…
What does United consider a significant schedule change? Changes to flight departure or arrival times. Changes in frequency of flights. Addition or discontinuation of routes. Changes to type of aircraft. If your plans change and you prefer not to change your itinerary immediately, you may cancel the reservation and return to it to make changes for up to one…
United Airlines FareLock United FareLock is the system that lets you hold your reserved flight and complete your purchase at a later time. You’ll have peace of mind that the price of your flight won’t go up and it won’t sell out while you take your time with your purchase. FareLock is available only through…
According to United Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy, children between the ages of 5 and 17 years can travel unaccompanied after booking the service. United Unaccompanied Minor policy The United Unaccompanied minor service is required for children ages 5-14 who are traveling alone or with someone who is not at least 18 years old. This service…
United Airlines Change Flight Date: If you want to change your United ticket at no cost, it must fall within the rules of the same-day confirmation policy and the new flight must depart within 24 hours of your original scheduled departure UNITED ✆ Reservations For wholly rescheduled travel departing after September…
To change your seat with United Airlines, you must locate your trip on their website and enter your confirmation code and last name. Basic Economy ticket holders must pay extra to change their seat, and all other ticket holders will be able to change their seats at no extra cost. All travelers have up until…
United Airlines español: Reservas, cancelaciones y otros números de teléfono de atención al cliente de United Airlines
United Airlines español: Para completar la reservación o para proporcionar su información de pago por teléfono, puede contactar a United Reservations (reservaciones de United) en EE. UU. y Canadá, al 1-800-UNITED-1 (1-800-864-8331). Número de teléfono de soporte de United Airlines : 1-800-864-8331 Productos y servicios unidos: 1-888-854-3899 Asistencia para reservas en EE. UU. y Canadá : 1-800-864-8331 Equipaje dañado, demorado o perdido…