United Airlines has developed a policy on name changes that allows for minor name alterations on validated tickets and even for ticket exchanges for a fee. To ensure that the name on the ticket perfectly matches the name on the government-issued photo ID or passport, United Airlines has a procedure that permits minor modifications to be made to a passenger’s name on a ticket.
Since a ticket cannot be transferred from one person to another, it is impossible to change a passenger’s name on a United Airlines ticket. This would be regarded as a request to change the name on the ticket with United Airlines and be subject to the United Airlines Name Change policies.
United Airlines will not accept a request to change the passenger’s name to another name instead of a name correction. The following conditions must be satisfied for United Airlines to repair a ticket with a misspelled name on it:
- United Airlines is mandated to provide all flights.
- Requests for name corrections on flights operated by United Airlines under a code-share or interline agreement are only honored on United’s portion of the route.
- The ticket inventory must start with the number 016.
- You are only permitted one reissue per ticket when changing a name on a United Airlines ticket.
- Any additional name corrections are considered name changes under United Airlines’ current policy on name changes. They are charged the “United Airlines passenger name change fee” and an increase in the ticket price.
- Per United Airlines regulation, no changes can be made to the flight date, time, fare classes, or fare base code. Whatever the situation, this is the case.
- Only minor name changes made through United Airlines at the time of travel will be accepted, and they must appear to be a perfect match between the names on the ticket and the government-issued photo ID.
- The passenger’s gender and date of birth cannot be changed when the request is made to have United Airlines amend the passenger name on the ticket.
- Any modifications to the passenger’s name or date of birth are considered when applying United Airlines’ regulations for updating a passenger’s name.
- If a mistake were made when making the reservation, only minor birth date changes would be allowed.
- The new name of United Airlines will be the only change that will affect specific customers. Any further changes would be subject to the United Airlines’ modified ticket name guidelines.
United Airlines Name Correction Policy
However, the alteration or correction must be considered minor to adhere to United Airlines’ policy on name changes. Travelers must double-check that any government-issued identification or passports match their new name after changing it.
You can take care of the essential procedures for changing your name with United Airlines on your own by going to the airline’s official website. Additionally, if you want to learn more about United’s current stance on name changes, keep reading the part below this one.
Next Call United Airlines (833) 844-0728.
The rules and regulations governing United Airlines Name Change procedure:
You cannot entirely alter the name on the ticket or transfer ownership to another party. On the other hand, you can only change the misspelled letters if you meet the conditions listed below:
- Changes to the passenger’s name can only be made if United operates the flight.
- You can only change your name for the journey segment flown by United Airlines if you bought the ticket using a code share.
- Additionally, United Airlines permits you to reissue your ticket at no additional cost after making the appropriate changes to your passenger name.
- You will need to pay a change fee and any necessary additional airfare if you need to make any additional name changes to your current United Airlines reservation.
- According to the United Airlines name change policy, you cannot change the flight date, time, or fare classes.
- Under no circumstances is it possible to modify a passenger’s gender or date of birth when requesting a name change with United Airlines.
- A traveler will only be permitted to make a modest change to their date of birth if they booked their flight incorrectly.
- With United Airlines, you are only permitted to make one adjustment to your reservation before you must pay a hefty penalty and go through the proper paperwork to make any additional changes.
United Airlines Rebranding and Related Fare Adjustments
You should review the fare conditions United Airlines has listed on their website if you’re interested in changing your name or making any other changes to it:
- A fee of approximately $75 US will be charged if you request a name change with United Airlines within one day of your initial purchase.
- However, there will be a fee of between 100 and 200 USD per way if your name change takes more than 24 hours.
Now that you are aware of some of the key limitations imposed by United Airlines about changes, you ought to know exactly how to avoid paying the name change fee. However, you can contact United Airlines’ customer service department if you experience any technical problems while attempting to change the name.
Guidelines for changing a passenger’s name on a ticket bought from United Airlines
By visiting the official United Airlines website, selecting the site area that allows you to manage bookings, and then entering the new name, you can change the passenger’s name.
Now look under the manage booking section for the option to change your ticket. Click the “change flight” button after entering the passenger’s name and your booking number.
When you’re done, go to the page with the booking information and click the edit button to make any necessary changes to the name.
Follow the online instructions provided to correct the spelling mistake made in the reservations, and once you’re done, save the changes.
The name changes may also be requested by calling the airline’s customer service line; after the request has been processed, the modifications will be updated appropriately. Additionally, if possible, you can go directly to the ticket office for the same.
Also, changing the passenger’s name is a simple process with the aid of the subsequent procedures. If the modification occurs the same day, United Airlines may charge you a fee for modifying.
United Airlines Policy Variations for Changing a Passenger’s Name
Three different categories can be made out of the rules regarding name changes. One of these types has an affidavit that differs from the one initially provided. United Airlines’ procedure for altering a passenger’s name ensures there won’t be any issues when the consumer travels. Consequently, two different types have been made available for their convenience as follows:
Type 1: Modifications to a Simple Name
United Airlines will modify the reservation by their name modifications policy when a passenger’s name appears on their ticket incorrectly. Travelers can experiment with various techniques if the ticket has a few minor flaws. There is no need for official documentation for simple and minor faults.
Before a specific name change may be accomplished, the following additional considerations must be addressed:
Only when there is a slight change in the surname is it permitted to change the spelling.
The only item that needs to be altered, if there is only a little modification, is how the first name is spelled.
Make a more recognized change to your name.
When making quick changes, it’s crucial to adapt prefixes.
Change your first or middle name, or drop one altogether.
Correcting the wrong last names and first names is important.
Type 2: Significant Changes to the Original Name
In the event of a divorce or marriage, you must disclose your new name to the other party. The data you have may need to be significantly adjusted. According to the regulation controlling name changes, making significant changes is much more difficult than making minor changes. They need the necessary documentation to carry out the operation.
The following is additional information to bear in mind:
- One of the many life events that might lead to a name change is a divorce. You must therefore present the papers outlining the separation settlement to accomplish that.
- A marriage document must be presented to legalize a name change.
- In any situation, you must show a photo ID that includes both your old and new information.
Type 3: Affidavit, commonly known as an Affidavit with an Alternative Name
By United Airlines policy, a service for changing a traveler’s name is the provision of an affidavit with the new name. There will be circumstances, like those mentioned above, when you won’t have the required papers. You will then have the option to create an affidavit. This paper will prove to be useful when altering the name. This information can also be used to generate a copy of the photo ID.
What are the fees charged for the name change in United Airlines?
Up to two hours before the departure of their flight, travelers may request a change with United Airlines for a fee of $200 per passenger for each direction in addition to any applicable pricing difference, if any.
In addition to any applicable fare difference, a fee of $75 each will be charged if the reservation is made during the first twenty-four hours following the purchase.
How can you change your name spellings for United Airlines tickets?
Within the first twenty-four hours of booking a flight, if you discover a mistake, you should immediately cancel the ticket, follow the steps to get a full refund, and then rebook the flight with the correct passenger name. Please don’t hesitate to contact us at the number listed with the new name after twenty-four hours. Please be informed that name changes are subject to a fee in addition to the relevant fare difference, per United Airlines’ policy regarding name changes.
How can I change my name on a United Airlines ticket?
You can adjust the reservation you made with United Airlines, yes. As a result, the following conditions must be met:
- The flight’s operating carrier must be United Airlines.
- If a name modification request is made for a code-share or interline agreement flight, United Airlines will only accept it for the segment of United’s route.
- The first ticket in the inventory must be 016.
- There can be one and only one reprint per ticket for a name change on a United Airlines ticket.
- No alterations to the flight’s date, time, fare classes, or fare basis code will be approved by United Airlines’ policies governing name changes.
- The name on the ticket and the name on the government-issued photo ID must match minor name changes to be permitted at the time of travel for United Airlines tickets.
- If the passenger’s name is already on the ticket and you ask United Airlines to change it, you won’t be able to change the passenger’s gender or date of birth.
All About United Airlines Name Changes or Name Correction Restrictions
Did you misspell the name when making the United Airlines booking? Whenever a passenger has misspelled his/her name on the United Airlines ticket, it can be corrected according to the name correction/change policy. If a passenger has booked a flight with United Airlines and has misspelled the name, it can easily be corrected. To make United Airlines Name change, the passenger must follow the airline’s name change policy.
United Airlines Simple name changes or corrections
When a passenger has misspelled the name and wants to make changes to the itinerary, he can do so in accordance with the name change policy. Simply United Airlines name change policy is mentioned below and does not require supporting documentation:
- Correct the spelling of the passenger’s name.
- Correct the spelling of the last passenger number.
- Change a name to a nickname or vice versa.
- Make changes or correct the prefix or title.
- Add or remove a middle name or initial.
- Make corrections to the passenger’s first and last name backward.
Critical name changes/fixes: United Airlines
Apart from these, there are also some major name changes/fixes that need legal documentation to proceed. Let’s take a look at the following supporting legal documents:
- Divorce Agreement
- Marriage certificate
- Another government-issued document with your old name and the new one
Alternative name affidavit option: United Airlines
United Airlines also offers the alternative name affidavit option for its visitors. In case you are unable to submit the legal documentation mentioned above, you can submit a name affidavit option.
Additionally, the name affidavit states your name change along with a copy of your government-issued identification. So you have another legitimate way to make corrections to your name on the ticket with United Airlines. Customers are always on the softest surface when a business vigorously attacks for their well-being and comfort.
Significant name changes: United Airlines
Some of the name changes require legal or supporting documents, as mentioned below:
- Divorce decree
- Marriage license
- Legal name change document
- Government-issued ID reflecting current and former names.
How to request a name change?
Seeking Assistance from United Airlines Customer Service!
Please contact the Premier Priority Desk or call the United Customer Contact Center at 1-800-UNITED-1 (833) 844-0728) to reserve and purchase your flight.
Different Ways To Connect With The Live United Airlines Live Person
Connecting with the live United Airlines live person is easy. There are several ways you can get in touch with them and get your questions answered, including:
- Chat: Chat live with a representative 24/7 through our website or mobile app. You can also use chat to check on your flight status or make changes to your reservation.
- Email: Email us at [email address]. Please include your name, flight number, and date of travel in the subject line so we can answer your question as quickly as possible.
- Phone: Call United Ticket Agent at 1-800-[(833) 246-4453] (within the U.S.) or 1 (800) 864-8331. Agents are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you with any booking issues, Cancellations, or changes to your itinerary.
How to Quickly Speak to a Live Person at United Airlines?
- Dial United Airlines Phone Number (833) 844-0728.
- Press 1 for a new and existing reservation.
- Press 3 for additional queries and Flight Refunds.
- Speak “Live Representative” or “Get a Human” at the Main Menu to talk to a real person at United airlines.
To request a United Airlines name change, please follow the steps below:
- Make the necessary changes to the name of the Mileage Plus account through the passenger profile.
- For a meaningful name change, find and upload the supporting documents.
- For more details on the United Airlines name change and the fare involved in making changes, a passenger can contact the reservation center. Representatives will assist passengers with all the necessary details for a name change. The support team is available 24 hours a day and can be contacted according to a suitable time interval. Contact details are provided on the official United Airlines website.
Can I transfer my United Airlines ticket to another person?
United Airlines does not allow passengers to transfer a ticket to another person. Under United’s 24-hour flexible booking policy, if your ticket was purchased through United in the last 24 hours and you completed your purchase one week or more before the originally scheduled departure flight, it may qualify for a waiver of change or cancellation fees. Basic Economy tickets are not eligible for changes but are eligible for a full refund within 24 hours of booking as long as you completed your purchase one week or more before the originally scheduled departure flight.
United Airlines Reservations Phone Numbers: Flight Tickets Booking & Cancellations, Flight Change, etc.
There are times when you miss your flight. Do not worry we have got your back. Just try these tips and get on the earliest United flight. If you are at the airport, just locate the help desk and request them to find your next flight, United will provide you with the boarding pass then…
United Airlines: All About Name Changes or Name Correction Restrictions Did you misspell the name when making the United Airlines booking? Whenever a passenger has misspelled his/her name on the United Airlines ticket, it can be corrected according to the name correction/change policy. If a passenger has booked a flight with United Airlines and has…
How to change or cancel a United flight – Same-Day Change, Standy, Policy & Fee United Airlines Flight Change Policy: United Airlines will allow you to change certain eligible flights but if your fare is not unrestricted you will be forced to pay a fee that will depend on your route. Most flights will not…
The fear of having your flight canceled often plagues the minds of many people who like to travel. Imagine yourself on a beach with its beautiful waves and fresh sea food, but you might be left with an awful feeling when things go south and we are left with only one option which is the…
Does the United Manage Booking assist the traveler with the itinerary they choose? Yes, United Airlines allows its passengers to view their flight details online through this manage reservation helpdesk. When passengers have already booked a United flight, they can easily use the United Airlines manage my booking feature. Follow the simple steps below and make desired…
What does United consider a significant schedule change? Changes to flight departure or arrival times. Changes in frequency of flights. Addition or discontinuation of routes. Changes to type of aircraft. If your plans change and you prefer not to change your itinerary immediately, you may cancel the reservation and return to it to make changes for up to one…
United Airlines FareLock United FareLock is the system that lets you hold your reserved flight and complete your purchase at a later time. You’ll have peace of mind that the price of your flight won’t go up and it won’t sell out while you take your time with your purchase. FareLock is available only through…
According to United Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy, children between the ages of 5 and 17 years can travel unaccompanied after booking the service. United Unaccompanied Minor policy The United Unaccompanied minor service is required for children ages 5-14 who are traveling alone or with someone who is not at least 18 years old. This service…
United Airlines Change Flight Date: If you want to change your United ticket at no cost, it must fall within the rules of the same-day confirmation policy and the new flight must depart within 24 hours of your original scheduled departure UNITED ✆ Reservations For wholly rescheduled travel departing after September…
To change your seat with United Airlines, you must locate your trip on their website and enter your confirmation code and last name. Basic Economy ticket holders must pay extra to change their seat, and all other ticket holders will be able to change their seats at no extra cost. All travelers have up until…
United Airlines español: Reservas, cancelaciones y otros números de teléfono de atención al cliente de United Airlines
United Airlines español: Para completar la reservación o para proporcionar su información de pago por teléfono, puede contactar a United Reservations (reservaciones de United) en EE. UU. y Canadá, al 1-800-UNITED-1 (1-800-864-8331). Número de teléfono de soporte de United Airlines : 1-800-864-8331 Productos y servicios unidos: 1-888-854-3899 Asistencia para reservas en EE. UU. y Canadá : 1-800-864-8331 Equipaje dañado, demorado o perdido…