If you miss your allocated flight time, the following options are available:
Visit our ticket office to secure an alternative flight time (£10 rebooking fee applies).
Notify us and be put on a waiting list for the next available flight. There may be a significant wait and we cannot guarantee entry.
British Airways policy on missed connection Flight?
if they cancel or delay a flight by 5 hours or more causing you to miss a connecting flight they will either:
- Get you onto another scheduled service ASAP as long as a seat is available in the fare class you paid for.
- Get you there at a later date at your own convenience (same fare class)
- Refund you
They’ll give you compensation, refreshments, and other care reimbursements (not clear whether this includes hotel stays) and reimbursement if required to do so by law.
What does the EU 261 Rule say about missed connection?
If you miss your connecting flight with British Airways, you can visit a Customer Service desk of your airline to claim the following benefits:
- BA will put you on a replacement flight as soon as possible if there are seats available with the same fare class that you paid for.
- Get you to your destination at a later date or at your own convenience
- British Airways will provide you with a full refund for the remaining journey.
- BA can help with your journey e.g. provide up-to-date travel information and new boarding passes. If you had booked your connecting flight separately with another airline, you can contact the airline that you booked your flight with.
At London airports, you can speak to a member of the British Airways Customer Service team. They’ll give you compensation, refreshments, and other care reimbursements, hotel stays (only for an overnight stay), and reimbursement if required to do so by law. The governing law here is the EC Regulation 261/2004 commonly known as the EU 261 Rule.
There is no specific section concerning missed connecting flights in the EC Regulation 261/2004. But a short delay or the cancellation of the very first flight causing a missed connecting flight might entitle the passenger to compensation of up to 600€ from the airline.
This is only possible if the delay or the cancellation results in the passenger missing a connecting flight and thus reaching the final destination with a delay of over three hours.