Denver International Airport – DEN
Book flight from Denver International Airport: (303) 342-2000
Departments: Denver International Airport B&C Concourse
Address: 8500 Peña Blvd, Denver, CO 80249
Area: 54.05 mi²
Architect: Curtis W. Fentress
Serves: Denver, Front Range Urban Corrido
|ORD Airport Website: https://www.flydenver.com/|
Airlines Reservations from Denver International Airport: (877) 681-0056
Denver International Airport is the largest airport in the United States in terms of land size and the fifth busiest airport in the country, serving over 64 million passengers each year.
This airport is located on the northeastern side of Denver, accessible via Pena Blvd. It is the third airport in the USA with the highest number of runways at 6. It is the second largest airport by size in the whole world, only under King Fahd International Airport of Saudi Arabia
How do I get to Denver International Airport?
All aboard the RTD Rail A Line – from downtown to DIA. Using Denver’s RTD Light Rail or Bus system, you can leave your car at home and find a ride to Union Station from all over the metro area. Once in downtown Denver, a train ride to the Denver International Airport takes around thirty minutes.
A good rule of thumb is to be inside the airport two hours prior to your flight departure time. This should allow for plenty of time to navigate flight check-in, security lines and travel to your gate.
Denver International Airport Metered Taxicab Rates
For example, a one-way taxicab ride from the airport to Cherry Creek Shopping Center (near downtown Denver) typically costs $62 to $70, plus a $5.03 airport access fee for each metered taxi trip.
At a cost of $10.50, travelers can use the University of Colorado A Line (usually referred to as simply the A Line) to get from the airport to downtown Denver and vice versa, courtesy of the Regional Transportation District (RTD), metro Denver’s public transit provider.
Travel time: 37 minutes from DEN to Denver Union Station. Frequency: trains run every 15 minutes during peak travel times, and every 30 minutes from 3 a.m. – 5 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. to 1 a.m. (for exact departure and arrival times, please consult the schedule on the RTD website)
How early should you get to Denver Airport?
2 hours: A good rule of thumb is to be inside the airport two hours prior to your flight departure time. This should allow for plenty of time to navigate flight check-in, security lines, and travel to your gate.
How long does it take to get through security at Denver Airport?
It took travelers an average maximum of 18 minutes to pass through Transportation Security Administration screening at DIA last month, compared with the average maximum of 25 minutes logged from February to May, airport officials said.
|Denver International Airport Reviews|
|Yelp: Denver International Airport has a 3.5 of 5 scores from more than 3,278 reviews.||AirlineQuality: The review score is 4/10 based on 124 reviews.|
|Denver International Airport App|
|Google Play – Rating: 4.2 based on 134 reviews.||Apple Store– Rating: 1 based on 8 votes|
|Denver International Airport Official Pages|
|Denver International Airport Wikipedia page:||https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O’Hare_International_Airport|
|Denver International Airport Twitter:||https://twitter.com/fly2ohare|
|Denver International Airport Facebook||https://www.facebook.com/fly2ohare/|
|Denver International Airport Instagram||https://www.instagram.com/flyohare/|
|Denver International Airport Opened:||February 28, 1995; 25 years ago|
|Denver International Airport Elevation AMSL:||5,434 ft / 1,656 m|
|Denver International Airport Location:||Northeast Denver, Colorado, U.S|
|Denver International Airport Owner:||City & County of Denver Departmen|
Denver International Airport Discount Bus And Train Fares
|Youth (Ages 6-19)|
|Local & Limited||Regional||Airport|
|1-2 Rail Fare Zones||3 Rail Fare Zones||Airport Fare Zone|
|DayPass||$1.80||$3.20||included in Regional/Airport Day Pass|
|10-Ride||$9.00||$16.00||travel to DIA requires an upgrade|
|Monthly Pass||$34.20||$60.00||included in Regional/Airport Monthly Pass|
|Age 65+ &/or Disabilities|
|Local & Limited||Regional||Airport|
|1-2 Rail Fare Zones||3 Rail Fare Zones||Airport Fare Zone|
|DayPass||$3.00*||$5.25*||included in Regional/Airport Day Pass|
|10-Ride||$14*||$25.25*||travel to DIA requires an upgrade|
|Monthly Pass||$57*||$99*||included in Regional/Airport Monthly Pass|
|MyRide Smart Card|
|3-Hour Pass||$1.80||$3.15||Upgrade required|
|RTD Mobile Tickets app|
Denver International Airport has three concourses that are connected airside so it’s relatively easy to travel between them if you want to visit a lounge in a different concourse than the one you’re flying out of.
Denver International Airport Concourse A
American Airlines Admirals Club:
If you are a frequent flyer of American Airlines, You may purchase an annual membership that will give you access to this and other lounges in the American Airlines network. Rate: Starting at US$ 550 per year.
Location: On the north end of the A-gate bridge from Jeppesen Terminal.
Hours: 4:45 a.m. — 12:30 p.m. (Daily)
- Beverages (alcohol)
- Beverages (non-alcoholic)
- Hotspot Printing
- Personal Reservation Assistance
Lounge Access & Rates: This lounge accepts guests at the door when space is available. The walk-in rate is $59 per person.
Requirements: You must present with a boarding pass for same-day travel on departure or arrival flights that are operated or marketed by American Airlines, Alaska Airlines, or any Oneworld® airline.
Denver International Airport Elite Status:
- A traveller who travel in First or Business class on a qualifying departing international or transcontinental flight that’s marketed and operated by American or an Oneworld® airline.
- AAdvantage® Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum – Travelers on qualifying departing international flights that are marketed and operated by American or an Oneworld® airline.
- Oneworld® EmeraldSM and SapphireSM – Travellers on all departing flights that are marketed and operated by American Airline or an Oneworld® airline.
Denver International Airport Delta Sky Club:
When you enter the Delta Sky Club, you may upgrade your Denver Airport layover to enjoy a drink, hop on the Wi-Fi, and get to work or catch up on the day’s news. To enter the lounge, your First class doesn’t matter, but you must be a member of the Delta Sky Club.
Location: Fourth floor on the south end of the central core
Hours: 5 a.m. — 7:30 p.m.
- Air Conditioning
- Beverages (alcohol)
- Beverages (non-alcoholic)
- Flight Information Monitor
Lounge Access & Rates: If you are Delta Airline’s frequent flyer, you may purchase an annual membership that will give you access to this and other lounges in the Delta Airlines network.
- Individual Membership: US$ 545 or 54,500 miles per year and US$ 50 per month.
- Executive Membership: US$ 845 or 84,500 miles per year and US$ 75 per month.
A long layover at Denver Airport goes by quickly at the USO Lounge. You can enjoy snacks and drinks, Wi-Fi, comfortable seating, a kid’s play area with video games and a foosball table, a library, and a sleeping area with recliners. Also, the USO lounge welcomes all active members of the U.S. military and their families at no cost.
Location: Fourth floor, on the north end of the concourse
Hours: 5 a.m. — 10 p.m.
- Complimentary services include snacks and beverages
- Computers and WIFI
- Video gaming and foosball table
- TV and lounge chairs
- Sleeping area with recliners (no overnight stays)
- Lending library
- Children’s play area
- Cell phones for calls within the US and territories
- Assistance with travel planning, military support programs, and local information;
- Facilitation of the USO’s Families of the fallen program.
Denver International Airport Concourse B
United Club (Gate B32)
Location: On the west side of the concourse, near gate B32
Hours: 5 a.m. — 9 p.m.
Amenities: Complimentary snacks and drinks, Wi-Fi, printer, and power outlets.
United Club (Gate B44)
Location: On the east side of the concourse, near gate B44
Hours: 5:30 a.m. — 11:30 p.m.
Amenities: Complimentary snacks and drinks, Wi-Fi, printer, and power outlets
Denver International Airport Concourse C
There are no lounges available in Concourse C. However, that will change soon as American Express is set to open a Centurion Lounge in 2020.
It will be the second-largest in the network at 14,650 square feet. Access will be available to those with a Centurion Card, The Platinum Card from American Express, or The Business Platinum Card from American Express.
Restaurants in Denver International Airport
Things to do on a layover at Denver International Airport.
Anytime, if you have found yourself with a layover at Denver International Airport, you may be wondering what to do with your time besides sleep!
Below are 13 things you can do on a layover at Denver Airport:
- Go on a Colorado beer crawl
- Enjoy the view
- Get cultured
- Become a conspiracy theorist
- Get Connected
- Get your blood pumping
- Ride the rails with your kids
- Explore Denver
Top 10 cheapest international flights from Denver International Airport.
We had considered millions of search results on flights departing from this metropolis to calculate to ten cheapest places, on average that flyers can fly to.
|Fly from Denver to Bangkok, Thailand||$917 round trip|
|Fly from Denver to Seoul, South Korea||$874 round trip|
|Fly from Denver to Reykjavik, Iceland||$738 round trip|
|Fly from Denver to Lima, Peru||$653 round trip|
|Fly from Denver to San Jose, Costa Rica||$460 round trip|
|Fly from Denver to Charlotte Amalie, USVI||$423 round trip|
|Fly from Denver to Cancun, Mexico||$396 round trip|
|Fly from Denver to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico||$341 round trip|
|Fly from Denver to San Juan, Puerto Rico||$332 round trip|
|Fly from Denver to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico||$288 round trip|
Top domestic and international destinations from Denver International Airport.
|Busiest domestic routes from DEN (October 2019 – September 2020)|
|1||Phoenix–Sky Harbor, Arizona||7,04,000||American, Frontier, Southwest, United|
|2||Los Angeles, California||6,93,000||American, Delta, Frontier, Southwest, Spirit, United|
|3||Chicago–O’Hare, Illinois||6,20,000||American, Frontier, Spirit, United|
|4||Las Vegas, Nevada||6,06,000||Frontier, Southwest, Spirit, United|
|5||Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas||5,79,000||American, Frontier, Spirit, United|
|6||Seattle/Tacoma, Washington||5,28,000||Alaska, Delta, Frontier, Southwest, United|
|7||Atlanta, Georgia||5,09,000||Delta, Frontier, Southwest, Spirit, United|
|8||Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota||5,07,000||Delta, Frontier, Southwest, Spirit, Sun Country, United|
|9||San Francisco, California||5,04,000||Frontier, Southwest, United|
|10||Houston–Intercontinental, Texas||4,98,000||Frontier, Spirit, United|
|Busiest international routes to and from DEN (Jan. 2018 – Dec. 2018)|
|1||Cancún, Mexico||4,24,635||Frontier, Southwest, United|
|2||London–Heathrow, United Kingdom||2,75,554||British Airways, United|
|3||Calgary, Canada||2,51,585||Frontier, United, WestJet|
|4||Frankfurt, Germany||2,44,111||Lufthansa, United|
|5||Toronto–Pearson, Canada||2,44,059||Air Canada, United|
|6||Vancouver, Canada||2,41,300||Air Canada, United|
|8||Puerto Vallarta, Mexico||1,63,755||Frontier, Southwest, United|
|9||San José del Cabo, Mexico||1,62,670||Frontier, Southwest, United|
How Denver International Airport is keeping you safe from Corona Virus (COVID-19)?
Denver is ensuring you that they are more concerned about the pandemic Corona Virus (COVID-19), and the safety of their employees, passengers, and their partners is their top priority.
- Hand Sanitizing Stations: DEN has installed over 100 hand sanitizing stations in high-touch areas around the airport to protect the people from the Corona Virus.
- Disinfecting Wipe Dispensers: Denver airport’s each gate is equipped with a disinfecting wipes dispenser for passengers to take a wipe onboard to sanitize their seat on the plane.
- Frequent Cleaning: Denver’s cleaning staff clean public areas and restrooms frequently and intensely with approved disinfectant products to stop spreading the infection.
- Informational Signage: You will see signage easily around Denver’s airport that will keep you reminded to wear a mask and maintain physical distance.
- Dining and Shopping: Denver reconfigures the dining areas to limit seating to ensure appropriate physical distancing and many restaurants offer to grab and go options.
- Face Coverings: In Denver, everyone must be required to face-covering in public space.
- Plexiglas Barriers: Plexiglas barriers have been installed at check-in counters, TSA document screening, and airline podiums.
- Disabled Hand Dryers and Drinking Fountains: Denver disabled the hand dryers and drinking fountains to limit the spread of germs.
- Social Distancing: Denver also placed floor decals in many areas of queuing indicating where people should stand, and TSA lines have been reconfigured to allow space between queues.
- Touchless Payment: Denver also implemented procedures for touchless payment where possible.
The essential airport amenities of Denver International Airport (DIA).
For Your Business Convenience:
- Audio/Visual Equipment Rental
- Business Center
- Express Mail
- Meeting Rooms
For Your Family’s Comfort and Convenience:
- Children’s Video Rental
- High chairs
For Your Comfort and Convenience:
- Baggage Storage
- Beverage Area, Complimentary
- Breakfast Area, Complimentary
- Coin Laundry ($1.50)
- Complimentary Airport Shuttle
- Digital Key Available
- Electric Service
- Laundry/Valet Service
- Local Area Transportation
- Luggage Hold
- Safety Deposit Box
- Snack Shop
For Your Fitness and Recreation Convenience:
- Fitness Room
For Your Accessibility Needs:
- Accessible Rooms
- Accessible business center
- Accessible concierge desk
- Accessible exercise facility
- Accessible guest rooms with mobility features with entry or passage doors that provide 32” of clear width
- Accessible hotel restaurant
- Accessible parking
- Accessible parking spaces for cars in the self-parking facility
- Accessible public entrance
- Accessible registration desk
- Accessible route from the accessible public entrance to the accessible guestrooms
- Accessible route from the accessible public entrance to the registration area
- Accessible route from the hotel’s accessible entrance to the meeting room/ballroom area
- Accessible route from the hotel’s accessible public entrance to at least one restaurant
- Accessible route from the hotel’s accessible public entrance to the business center
- Accessible route from the hotel’s accessible public entrance to the exercise facilities
- Accessible route from the hotel’s accessible public entrance to the spa
- Accessible route from the hotel’s accessible public entrance to the swimming pool
- Accessible swimming pool
- Accessible transportation with advance notice
- Assistive listening devices for meetings upon request
- Closed captioning on televisions or closed captioning decoders
- Public Areas/Facilities accessible for physically challenged
- Service animals welcome
- TTY for guest use
- Valet only parking
- Van-accessible parking in the self-parking facility
Denver International Airport Car Rental
|Alamo Rent A Car||(877) 222-9075||https://www.alamo.com/en_US/car-rental/home.html|
|Avis Rent A Car||(303) 342-5500||https://www.avis.com/en/locations/us/co/denver/den|
|Budget Rent A Car||(303) 342-9001||https://www.budget.com/en/locations/us/co/denver/den|
|Dollar Rent A Car||(303) 317-0598||https://www.dollar.com/|
|Enterprise Rent A Car||(800) 261-7331||https://www.enterprise.com/en/home.html?irgwc=1&mcid=ImpactRadius%3A1402882%3A304337&ir_cid=6453310aN603811ea994d42010a24630|
|Fox Rent A Car||(800) 225-4369||https://www.foxrentacar.com/|
|Hertz Rent A Car||(800) 654-3131||https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/reservation/|
|National Rent A Car||(877) 222-9058||https://www.nationalcar.com/en/home.html|
|Payless Rent A Car||(303) 342-9444||https://www.paylesscar.com/en/locations/us/co/denver/den|
|Sixt Rent A Car||(888) 749-8227||https://www.sixt.com/car-rental/usa/denver/denver-airport/#/|
|Thrifty Car Rental||(800) 367-2277||https://www.thrifty.com/|
Disclaimer : we are solely act as an agent, we create a connection between travelers and suppliers of travel services. We do not own or manage any kind of Travel Services. We don’t declare that we are airlines or are associated with any airlines. Entire branding is authentic for expressive purposes only and does not denote any involvement with any airlines or organization.