Southwest Airlines Reservations and Customer Service Phone Number
The Airline was founded as Air Southwest Co. by Herb Kelleher on March 15, 1967, and commenced operations as Southwest Airlines Co., in 1971.
It is a major American Airlines with headquarter in Dallas, Texas, the U.S. and is the world’s largest low-cost carrier.
Southwest Airlines Customer support, phone number, and other contact information, In order to get to a human operator in the fastest possible time follow these steps
- Southwest Airlines toll-free number: +1-800-435-9792
Southwest Airlines Reviews
|Tripadvisor: Southwest airlines have a 4.5 of 5 scores from more than 43,490 reviews.||AirlineQuality: The review score is 3/10 based on 213 reviews.|
|Kayak: The score is 8.4 out of 10, Based on 13,610 reviews.|
Southwest Airlines Codes
Southwest Airlines Apps
|Southwest Airlines IATA code: WN|
Southwest Airlines ICAO code: SWA
Southwest Airlines Call Sign: SOUTHWEST
|Google Play – Rating: 4.8 based on 3,742,437 reviews |
Apple Store– Rating: 4.8 · based on 75,314 votes
Southwest Airlines Official Pages
Follow the below steps to contact Southwest Airlines customer support and talk with a live person over the phone:
- Call Southwest customer service @+1-800-435-9792
- Stay on the line
- After that, the automated phone system will connect you to a live customer service agent from Southwest Airlines
Southwest Airlines Voice Main Menu
- Press 1 for your rapid rewards account
- Press 2 for a new reservation or pay for an existing reservation
- Press 3 to make changes to an existing reservation
- Press 4 for a flight information
- Press 5 for other called
- Press 9 to hear those options again
What is the Phone Number for Southwest Airlines Customer Service?
|Southwest Airlines Reservations & Information||1-800-435-9792|
|Southwest Airlines Customer Relations||214-932-0333 Mon-Fri, 7am-8pm|
|Southwest Airlines Reservations & Information – En Español||1-800-826-6667|
|Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Customer Service||1-800-445-5764|
|Southwest Airlines Automated Flight Information||1-888-792-8747|
|Southwest Airlines Baggage – General Questions||1-800-202-1024|
|Articles Left at TSA Checkpoint||1-866-289-9673|
|New Hotel Reservations||1-800-733-1137|
|Existing Hotel Reservations||1-800-545-4489|
|Public Relations & Media Relations||214-792-4847|
|Southwest Airlines Jackpot Deal Packages||1-877-308-4216|
How do I talk to a real person at Southwest Airlines?
You can find here the Southwest Airlines phone number for the customer service team as well as other contact information.
Customer service: 800-435-9792
Reservations & Information: 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792)
You can dial Southwest’s customer service phone number: 1-800-435-9792 then Press 5, and 0 OR Say the word “Operator” to get a human operator.
Why Do People Call Southwest Airlines Customer Support?
People generally call the Southwest airlines customer care for clarifying their doubts and solving their issues, making the reservation for flights or other travel, such as vacation packages or cruises, changing or cancelling flights, flight rebooking after a delay or cancellation, asking for refunds, or ticket credits, questions about Southwest frequent-flyer memberships and points, questions about lounge access, filing complaints or compliments about Southwest Airlines employees, inquiring about lost or delayed baggage, coordinating assistance for children traveling alone or passengers with disabilities, questions about travel advisories and technical support for using the southwest.com website are the few reasons why people called Southwest Airlines.
The attribute of Good Quality Customer Support:
Quick response: To please the client and keep up their expectations, the passenger’s forwarded complaints receive an immediate response. Companies that hold customer responses and complaints for longer intervals have trouble retaining their customers, hence a quick response is an important key to running a successful institution.
Flexibility: Some indispensable cases might arise that require professionals to have a certain level of flexibility to enhance the services provided.
Follow Up: The executive done regular follow-ups to ensure that a long term solution has been derived for the crises at hand.
What is the Southwest Airlines baggage policy?
If you are planning to book a flight with Southwest Airlines for an upcoming journey, you need to know all about Southwest Airlines Baggage allowance, restrictions, fees, and charges.
Cost: You can save a particular amount of money with Southwest Airlines, as per their low-cost commitment, Southwest Airlines doesn’t charge any fee from passengers for the first two bags, where other airlines charge up to $25 for the first bag and $35 for the second bag. You have to pay $50 per bag for each additional bag and if you carry 10 or more bags, you must pay $110 for each bag after the ninth bag.
Size: Southwest only accepts luggage that does not exceed 62 inches. And if you carry larger items, you must pay a $50 fee for an item that is larger than 62 inches.
Weight: If you don’t want any additional baggage charges you must keep your checked bags under 50 lbs. Passengers must pay a fee of $50 per bag that exceeds the 50-lbs weight limit. And the bags that weigh more than 100 lbs must be shipped as air cargo.
Claims and Liability: If Southwest damaged or lost your checked bag, passengers are entitled to compensation as per the company’s policies. And to get the compensation you must report your damage or lost baggage report within four hours following their arrival at the airport. Southwest is liable for lost, delayed, or damaged items that are limited to $3,300 per customer.
How to cancel your flight and check if you’re eligible for a refund?
You can see your journey on Southwest.com or in the Southwest app.
- Visit com/cancel or open the Southwest app and select “Look Up Reservation” in the menu. And you can look it up in your account if you booked your journey by using your Rapid Rewards account
- Enter your confirmation number and the Passenger’s name on the reservation.
- Click on “Cancel Flight” to cancel the flight for all passengers.
- Getting refunds to your credit card may take up to two billing cycles to appear on your statement.
What is southwest airlines pet policy?
Pet Reservations: Southwest Airlines accepts only 6 pet carriers on their flight and accepts pets on a first-come, first-served basis. So passengers are suggested to make their pet reservations as soon as they confirm travel plans by calling the Customer Service Team at 1-800-435-9792. Southwest Airlines doesn’t allow pets to travel without a human or with unaccompanied minors.
Pets in the Cabin: You are allowed to travel with only small pets (cats and dogs only) in the cabin on Southwest’s domestic flights, but pets are not allowed to travel on international flights. And only 1 pet carrier is allowed to carry for each passenger on board. You don’t need to provide a pet health certificate for traveling with Southwest Airlines. The pet carrier needs to be enough small to fit under the seat in front of you. The pet fee is $95 per pet carrier each way.
Pets in Checked Baggage: Pets are not allowed to travel in the cargo area due to extreme temperature in the baggage hold on flights with Southwest Airlines.
Carrier Guidelines: The pet carrier must be 18.5″ x 8.5″ x 13.5″ (47 cm x 22 cm x 34 cm) in dimensions and must be leak-proof, well ventilated, and small enough to fit under the seat in front.
What is the southwest Airline cancellation policy?
You must know the Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy before you cancel a flight:
- If you are willing to request a refund for flight cancellation, the refund amount will be decided based on the ticket fare conditions that will not cover the service fees because it is not refundable.
- You will need to cancel the flight booking through an email request if you are willing to cancel a flight under 24 hours for a flight booking made within 7 days of the flight departure.
- Also, if you cancel your flight within 24 hours of the ticket purchase, then you will not be obligated to pay any cancellation charges.
- Furthermore, you will get a refund amount of your canceled flight in your account in the same manner through which the purchase was done.
- If you need to cancel more than 1 ticket, as per the Southwest Airlines cancellation policy, your flight cancellation and flight refund request will be applicable on all of the tickets.
How will you cancel your flight booking on Southwest Airlines?
- First of all, you need to visit the homepage of the Southwest Airlines website.
- Further, select the option mentioning ‘Change/Cancel’.
- Besides, enter the first name, last name, and confirmation number.
- Then select the cancel flight option and click the search option to cancel your flight booking.
- Now you need to select the Flight Cancellation option and follow the on-screen prompts.
I left something on the plane. Can I get it back?
You can contact the Southwest Airlines Customer Service Agent before leaving the airport if you left an important item onboard the plane. And if you left the airport, please contact the lost and found department and provide detailed information regarding the item (i.e. model/serial number, brand, size, color, etc.). Southwest Airlines puts every effort to find your item and return it to you. If you provide an email address you will receive regular updates on the status of the search for your item. And if you don’t have an email address then you can get it on your phone number.
What items are restricted in checked baggage?
The following items are completely banned from aircraft, and should not be brought to the airport:
- Explosive and incendiary materials
- Flammable items (i.e. Liquids, aerosol, gels, creams, and pastes)
- Lithium batteries, e-cigarettes, and lighters
- Gasses and pressure containers
- Oxidizers and organic peroxides
- Infectious materials
- Radioactive materials
- Magnetic materials
- Marijuana (cannabis)
- Aerosol Insecticide
What is Southwest Airlines frequent flyer program?
Southwest introduced its frequent-flyer program on June 18, 1987, as “The Company Club” also called “Rapid Rewards” from April 25, 1996.
It also offers loyalty programs in which you will sign up, earn points and elite status, and redeem for rewards.
How many points does it take to get a free flight on Southwest?
To get a free flight on Southwest Airlines you will need approximately 70 points per $1 of airfare.
How many points do you need for a free flight on Southwest?
Southwest generally accept street value per mile is more like 1.4 cents— based on average domestic airfare divided by 250000. According to this, your 50000 points are worth $700, which means paying cash is a better option for your ticket.
Can I receive a refund if I’ve booked a non-refundable ticket on Southwest and feel uncomfortable flying?
Yes, you will receive a refund even, if you purchased a non-refundable fare for travel between March 1 and September 7, 2020 and you cancel your ticket in accordance with Southwest’s No Show Policy. For more information read this article: Will I receive a refund due to COVID-19?
Disclaimer : we are solely act as an agent, we create a connection between travelers and suppliers of travel services. We do not own or manage any kind of Travel Services. We don’t declare that we are airlines or are associated with any airlines. Entire branding is authentic for expressive purposes only and does not denote any involvement with any airlines or organization.